Thread: Do something about qeues!

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Do something about qeues!

From the beginning, players in conquest have got the unofficial rule of calling role first to play it in casual and calling depending on the position for ranked. It's not working. Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to play a decent match in casual because the percentage of trolls is huge and a lot of people deny to play the role left for them because they didn't call quicker. People aren't respecting that unofficial rule and it's making mine and other's games wasted time where expectations to wins are zero and matches are unfun but you have to play them anyway because people won't surrender and you might be reported for quitting from a game with no chances and where people misbehaved at the lobby but won't be punished as you might.

In the other hand, players are getting their main roles in ranked while others are not. Or some are getting main roles that are more crucial in a game than others and starting with an advantage.

Smite is getting more chaotic every time in these matters, and the solution is so simple as letting people qeue by role. Now there is no real norms about drafts and that's something the developers have to take care of. And this hasn't still happened by now, after 4 seasons. Let people qeue about one main and one secondary role and games will become more even and funnier, since people will have a real norm to respect.

I think the solution is simple and the problem ignored for so long.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Well, first of all, about ranked, if you want to play seriously you should be able to play any role decently, besides, playing other roles actually helps you understand them. And by the way, as much as they troll, you are still the one who decides to leave, you queue to play, no matter what, you go afk, you deal with the consequences.

Then, about that thing of picking roles before queuing... I don't know, I've never liked it, as good as it may seem I like having to be forced to play other roles every now and then, and let's not forget that won't stop people from trolling, for example, if I just want to get a quick match, I pick supp but when the selection comes I just pick any other role.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    From the beginning, players in conquest have got the unofficial rule of calling role first to play it in casual and calling depending on the position for ranked. It's not working. Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to play a decent match in casual because the percentage of trolls is huge and a lot of people deny to play the role left for them because they didn't call quicker. People aren't respecting that unofficial rule and it's making mine and other's games wasted time where expectations to wins are zero and matches are unfun but you have to play them anyway because people won't surrender and you might be reported for quitting from a game with no chances and where people misbehaved at the lobby but won't be punished as you might.
    this is nothing new it has always been a problem its just more now because of the quest to kill FG it will go down as soon they are all done with the stupid quest
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    this is nothing new it has always been a problem its just more now because of the quest to kill FG it will go down as soon they are all done with the stupid quest
    Yeah, I've complained more than once but I feel Smite conquest is even worse right now.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I don't play much ranked but one of my last games we had smth like mage+thanna picked first. I think I was 3rd or 4th pick and managed to get chu chu. The other team totally countered thanna with their mid line up. Im like oh this is gonna be such a hard thanna game. And thannatos himself said man this is gonna be rough. So I proposed he took the solo lane and I took the midlane. Long story short a thannatos with a level lead won us the game. In ranked especially I think being open to switch lanes around a bit is a strategy you can use to give you an advantage. We do not need even more of a mindset that lanes are fixed. People need to be versatile in conq and if you queue and can only play one or two roles I do not really think you belong in ranked conq. For casual calling your dearest lane/role is ok cause you wanna practice and all that (and I mean its casual right) but for ranked queuing with your role I think is very detrimental to the game. In casual its ok that players do not think about team synergy more then having one of each role, fact is you can build team synergy in many other ways in smite. So players shouldn't get used to that mechanic by queuing for role in casuals. The picking and banning phase in ranked is to important to overlook like that.

Also what about Gods like hel? Is she mid, support or solo? Let say you queue her as solo, and you have a mid laner queue that wanna play ra. And a jungler that plays thannatos. That team will get demolished as soon as the enemy picks up some antiheal. Lets say you picked hel and you are hard countered in your intended lane, then a switch with someone else could work and win you the game. This is why queuing for your role will never work in smite, it might in other less deep mobas but smite is much to complex for that. This mindset you have of "this is my role" is fine for noobs and when learning but once you get better at conq it really needs to go.

What smite needs though is punishment for teams that loose the banning and pick phase. Some people leave after unfavorable picks and bans. This should count as a half win / half loss in terms of ranked placement and all that.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 10-31-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Yeah, I've complained more than once but I feel Smite conquest is even worse right now.
    Well personally I'd have to say that their servers and mm are in a fucking diabolical state at the minute. Really shoddy.

Be great if they invested a tenth of the effort they put into skins and imaginative ways to squeeze cash out of people into the maintenance of their game. I have no issue with them trying to make money, but for ffs invest back into your product.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Well personally I'd have to say that their servers and mm are in a fucking diabolical state at the minute. Really shoddy.

Be great if they invested a tenth of the effort they put into skins and imaginative ways to squeeze cash out of people into the maintenance of their game. I have no issue with them trying to make money, but for ffs invest back into your product.
    I totally agree with you. It's a F2P, no problem about trying to make money but nobody is going to pay if the game is unplayable, and it's starting to be close to that.