Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: So..

  1. #31
    Member Follower TiaraYune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Who knows~
    Posts
    109
    1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDolly View Post
    If you consider that strategic, then you have a limited view of how to undermine your opponents. It's simply cheap if you're attempting to use it as a strategy, and worse off if you find amusement from it.

    Pretty much just makes you more of a miserly person, than someone actually worth respecting.
    I mean, its cheap but if it works its just the lack of concentration on the opponents part
    Not my fault some weird lines can make you miss basics

  2. #32
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DungeonDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    It was mentioned earlier, but I'll repeat the gist of it.

    I think it was either SWC or something like that. A taunt was used specifically for the purpose of throwing the opponent off their game, which it did. They got baited in by the taunt, lost the fight, lost the game. PonPon and other Hi-Rez staff are laughing away, incredulous a pro player got baited so easily, yet also saying " its a legit tactic"

    No offense, but you kinda remind me of those people who complsin about people swearing in MMO games, yet refuse to use the profanity filter. Be advised that reporting people for such spurious reasons can work against you. Repeatedly reporting people for non-reportable things can result in you getting action taken against you.
    Well you're wrong. I have the mouth of a sailor, and quite enjoy swearing. For the representatives of Hi-Rez to condone such behavior is slightly irresponsible actually. Was the taunt used multiple times? If so, then that person only made himself the poster boy for trolls everywhere to be told you have an opportunity to lack in sportsmanship.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDolly View Post
    Well you're wrong. I have the mouth of a sailor, and quite enjoy swearing. For the representatives of Hi-Rez to condone such behavior is slightly irresponsible actually. Was the taunt used multiple times? If so, then that person only made himself the poster boy for trolls everywhere to be told you have an opportunity to lack in sportsmanship.
    Sportsmanship isn't a universally accepted concept. Plus a video game can hardly be but in the same bracket as boxing or football ( soccer to the yanks), where there will be a deep rivalry and frankly the fans don't want sporting conduct, they want to win.

    This is reality. I'm not asking you to like it, but you will not change it by appealing to its better nature. Also, swear like a sailor but pisssed off by laughter? Bet you're a hoot at parties.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  4. #34
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DungeonDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Sportsmanship isn't a universally accepted concept. Plus a video game can hardly be but in the same bracket as boxing or football ( soccer to the yanks), where there will be a deep rivalry and frankly the fans don't want sporting conduct, they want to win.

    This is reality. I'm not asking you to like it, but you will not change it by appealing to its better nature. Also, swear like a sailor but pisssed off by laughter? Bet you're a hoot at parties.
    Well.. This will be the last post i'm willing to put energy towards. You're starting to reveal a bit more about yourself. And from what I can see, you're just attempting to make it something that's laugh worthy. So I am going to block you on here. Hope you use your "winning" personality well with another stranger.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDolly View Post
    Well.. This will be the last post i'm willing to put energy towards. You're starting to reveal a bit more about yourself. And from what I can see, you're just attempting to make it something that's laugh worthy. So I am going to block you on here. Hope you use your "winning" personality well with another stranger.
    Waa waa boo hoo. Good luck changing reality with salt. Putting yourself on a pedestal only highlights your flaws, and by reporting for laugh spam, all you do is highlight that not only are you acutely unaware of your superiority complex, you actually truly believe you are a truly moral person.

    I pity you,as you can't see the self adulation that is evident to all. You actually believe you have some higher understanding, when really you're just intolerant. That truly is worthy of pity.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  6. #36
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DungeonDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    4
    If you guys want to see how intolerant I am, make a post like the obnoxious turd trying to piss me off. X-D

    Seriously he's the type of person that I can immediately point out because of laugh/taunt spams.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDolly View Post
    If you guys want to see how intolerant I am, make a post like the obnoxious turd trying to piss me off. X-D

    Seriously he's the type of person that I can immediately point out because of laugh/taunt spams.
    You realize you can just mute the other person for spam taunting and I believe it stops it outright. I know it works if your team is spamming laugh emotes or whatnot so I can only assume it works on the opposing team.

  8. #38
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DungeonDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    You realize you can just mute the other person for spam taunting and I believe it stops it outright. I know it works if your team is spamming laugh emotes or whatnot so I can only assume it works on the opposing team.
    It doesn't stop it outright, you have to do it each time you're in a match with said person. Like I said before my blocked list is full. And I do unblock then add new people to it. But it doesn't stop the fact that it's a constant problem in this games community, and is a form of harassment.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDolly View Post
    It doesn't stop it outright, you have to do it each time you're in a match with said person. Like I said before my blocked list is full. And I do unblock then add new people to it. But it doesn't stop the fact that it's a constant problem in this games community, and is a form of harassment.
    I'm gonna level with you. In my 2-3 years playing Smite, I've never come across more than 30 people who probably warrant a block on my list. If you consider spam taunting a form of harassment you need to take a step back and rethink it critically on what you consider offensive and what is really offensive.

    I understand people will have varying degrees on what they find acceptable, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the 200 something people it takes to fill a block list have verbally harassed you post game (or in-game) to the point of them receiving major bans a few times over. If you're getting this worked up over in-game taunts, animations and voicelines developed and consciously put into the game, maybe you also need to think that this game isn't for you, or in general PvP/Mobas because this is everywhere and not just one Smite.

  10. #40
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DungeonDolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    I'm gonna level with you. In my 2-3 years playing Smite, I've never come across more than 30 people who probably warrant a block on my list. If you consider spam taunting a form of harassment you need to take a step back and rethink it critically on what you consider offensive and what is really offensive.

    I understand people will have varying degrees on what they find acceptable, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the 200 something people it takes to fill a block list have verbally harassed you post game (or in-game) to the point of them receiving major bans a few times over. If you're getting this worked up over in-game taunts, animations and voicelines developed and consciously put into the game, maybe you also need to think that this game isn't for you, or in general PvP/Mobas because this is everywhere and not just one Smite.
    Then you have a broad spectrum of things you consider to be tolerable. If someone makes a bad impression, spams laugh, or is otherwise outwardly hostile that warrants an immediate block on my list. To allow people to continue to have the opportunity is otherwise making yourself out to be more of a door mat.

    So you need to take a step back, and think twice about telling someone where their standards should be placed. Not everyone keeps them low.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •