Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LOL I can't get over how much the matchmaking in this game sucks

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

LOL I can't get over how much the matchmaking in this game sucks

Been playing for about 2 weeks and probably going to quit after the ridiculous shit show I've endured today, but as a LoL player I am AMAZED at how bad the matchmaking in this game is. Just surrendered a clash game that was 27-2 after 10 minutes, featuring two players who clearly had no business in the game with us. This was my 5th straight loss. I'm a new player and it's just not fun being matched up against guys who've got years of experience in the game, not really sure how the hell the matchmaking system in this game is supposed to work, but it DOES NOT. Not to mention how toxic the community is, holy shit. Anyways, I'm sure this post will be removed or something to that effect, but wanted to get my rant out before i uninstall. And just FYI, Riot Games - a real first class developer - has a MUCH better product out in League of Legends, where you'll get to play against players of comparable skill and won't have a 25% winrate like I do.

ETA: Why am I playing against guys with account levels of 135 and 156 when I can't even play ranked yet, for instance? This is the kind of thing that NEVER happens in legit mobas like LoL. I have a mastery level of 6, my opponents in the last game are in the 50s. What is the point of this kind of matchmaking, other than to encourage people to rapidly give up the game?
    Last edited by occmsrazr; 10-29-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Medusa in my last game. 26-0-10. We lost in 12 minutes with the final Kill score of 42-11. I had an Iznami on my team that was clearly playing one of her first 10 games, why were they not on the same team? Why is the medusa paired up with Ares player at my level or higher, while I am the best player on my team with a rank beginner against a seasoned vet? These issues can't all be blamed on a low player base.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 352
    I feel the pain man. Played around 30 games,, got OBLITERATED in 9/10's of them. Submitted a support ticket, got the equivalent of an F.U. from Hi Rez. They r too busy screwing around making worthless crap and not focusing on what anyone wants! Can't even play with people on bots because I never get matched with other players The only think keeping this alive are stupid fanboys who just say "It's got a steep learning curve", which is basically translated to "I play in a premade 5 man team and you don't" and people like me, who try to just play because maybe the next one won't be terrible (BTW It's always worse). The only thing that increases in my numbers is my blood pressure. If HI REZ doesn't fix this soon, I AM DONE! What's worse is with the Hand Of The Gods beta currently running, I'm worried that the matchmaking on that will be screwed up again.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    They really need to fix the queues so that premade teams go up against premade teams, even if it means they have to wait in queue 2 hours for another premade team to queue up.

Fellas, I'm not talking about a team that clearly has a married couple queued up with 3 random solos. If you can look at an enemy's profile and view the entire enemy team in that enemy player's xbl party - or at least 3 others with him - you're in trouble and there should be an option to forfeit game for unjust matchmaking. Not a surrender, an option to end the match immediately and nobody wins or loses, and this option becomes available if the enemy team is premade via 3 ways: 1) an Xbox Live party that consists of 3-5 players in the same match on the same team; 2) A team has 3 or more players coming from the exact same network (they already have ip id); 3) 3 or more on a team are from the same guild.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on that. Been for a long time.

Junior Member Cupidhead ObsidianHawk's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Pardon my non sympathy for your random grouping, the easy answer to correcting your problem of playing against skilled randoms is making friends. I've been frustrated before with bad players, everyone has, but your going very dramatic very quickly because skilled people are doing what they do, and new players are being new players, Arena and Joust imo are game modes meant to teach you characters, and how to implement tactics in a non "conquest" environment, it does not change the fact that players are going to play whatever they want to play, so to counteract that, use the console forum to get 2-3-4 however many people you want to play whatever you want so you don't have this issue, I innately have 2 other people I play with and 3-4 people who if they want to will jump in on a couple matches if they so choose.

New Member Cupidhead that-is-2-bad's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    I like to play with my friends and win a game of conquest or assault.

When my freinds are not on I solo queu arena and IDGAF win or lose cause its fucking arena and I solo queued

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by occmsrazr View Post
    Been playing for about 2 weeks and probably going to quit after the ridiculous shit show I've endured today, but as a LoL player I am AMAZED at how bad the matchmaking in this game is. Just surrendered a clash game that was 27-2 after 10 minutes, featuring two players who clearly had no business in the game with us. This was my 5th straight loss. I'm a new player and it's just not fun being matched up against guys who've got years of experience in the game, not really sure how the hell the matchmaking system in this game is supposed to work, but it DOES NOT. Not to mention how toxic the community is, holy shit. Anyways, I'm sure this post will be removed or something to that effect, but wanted to get my rant out before i uninstall. And just FYI, Riot Games - a real first class developer - has a MUCH better product out in League of Legends, where you'll get to play against players of comparable skill and won't have a 25% winrate like I do.

ETA: Why am I playing against guys with account levels of 135 and 156 when I can't even play ranked yet, for instance? This is the kind of thing that NEVER happens in legit mobas like LoL. I have a mastery level of 6, my opponents in the last game are in the 50s. What is the point of this kind of matchmaking, other than to encourage people to rapidly give up the game?
    I beg to differ, I have seen (in ranked and other wise) players that are relatively new fight against (and with) much more experienced players on League a few times.

No match making system is perfect. Not even LoL ranked, trust me on this.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Every online game gets people griping about "matchmaking" ... here's some food for thought.

1) There is NOT an infinite number of players attempting to queue at the same time. So out of all the players that ARE logged in, ARE queued up, ARE in the same game mode as you any "matchmaking" algorithm only has a certain pool of players to choose from. So you can either sit in the queue and NEVER get a game or play against others of varied skill levels based on their account stats. Which leads us to Item #2

2) You never improve by playing against opponents of equal or lesser skill than yourself. End of story, don't care what you think. I've been playing video games since I was old enough to stand on a milk crate and drop a quarter into the Arcade cabinets. You DO not improve without the challenge.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGyr View Post
    Every online game gets people griping about "matchmaking" ... here's some food for thought.

1) There is NOT an infinite number of players attempting to queue at the same time. So out of all the players that ARE logged in, ARE queued up, ARE in the same game mode as you any "matchmaking" algorithm only has a certain pool of players to choose from. So you can either sit in the queue and NEVER get a game or play against others of varied skill levels based on their account stats. Which leads us to Item #2

2) You never improve by playing against opponents of equal or lesser skill than yourself. End of story, don't care what you think. I've been playing video games since I was old enough to stand on a milk crate and drop a quarter into the Arcade cabinets. You DO not improve without the challenge.
    1) Thank you, someone else knows the truth.

2) I can disagree with this. Fighting against someone of equal skill presents a challenge, because they are on the same skill level. Thus they might know just as much as you do and can counter your build (even if their God can't entirely counter yours):

Sure fighting against someone of higher skill makes you learn more, but it can also not be fun; since they could have not only counter picked your god, but also know how to build around anything you come up with (unless you are building horribly, then they can just do normal stuff)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    1) Thank you, someone else knows the truth.

2) I can disagree with this. Fighting against someone of equal skill presents a challenge, because they are on the same skill level. Thus they might know just as much as you do and can counter your build (even if their God can't entirely counter yours):

Sure fighting against someone of higher skill makes you learn more, but it can also not be fun; since they could have not only counter picked your god, but also know how to build around anything you come up with (unless you are building horribly, then they can just do normal stuff)
    1) true;

2) true.

This is a game, people want to enjoy the game. Matchmaking problem is a real thing but there is nothing we can do or Hi-rez can do with that. Maybe some little things can happen to improve the matchmaking but it has a cost : the time queue.

A 5 premade party should fight against other 5 premade party of the same level. If there is no way, they could be putted on the queue for 20 minutes ; maybe that premade party could understand and dismember the party into a 2 + 3 and not into a 5 premade. This could be a little too much, I know, but could even be a possibility to balance this problem.