Thread: Thoth is broken

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Thoth is broken

problems with Thoth
    keep this in mind
    (obviously designed to be a poke god stands far away uses wall to lengthen abilities this typically means less damage)
    PROBLEMS
    *does way to much damage from to far a range more range should equal less damage can literally poke infinitely into tower no repercussion
    *has an escape if he is meant to be a poke god who stands far away anyway why give him and op escape that can be lengthened by his wall (also attach a stun that does 1000 damage to that for some reason)
    *wall makes his abilities do more damage??? why the range is enough of an advantage
    *the ultimate shouldn't go through walls the range is enough of an advantage when you can ltierally fire it across the map

HOW TO BALANCE
    take the damage buff off his glyph he doesnt need it a poke god shouldnt do so much while having to much range and escape
    make his dash either not have a stun attached to it and do less damage, or have its range not be affected by his wall (no more poke and then dash half the map away)
    make ultimate not pierce walls unless affected by glyph

Junior Member Cupidhead Taniquercy's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Does lots of damge from long range. He does. Try to juke. It's hard or at least for me when trying to play him to hit my 1st spell and actually focus it on 1 particular player. And don't run in a straight ilne that should help too. Has an escape thats reasonable.. Most of the gods have mobility so they can escape or engage fight. If he was made to shoot only from long rage that would be super stupid and would make the god less interesting. And he wont be able to join in fights secure kills.. I dont think he does 1000 damage with his stun he does damage. 1000 definetely not. If anyone have done that much damage to you probably had proc their polynomicon and soul rever.

*wall makes his abilities do more damage???why the range is enough of an advantage" That would be retarted. His abilties in long range are hard to hit a single enemy.If you run in a straight path or ever dont try to juke no wonder why you get hit hard. From thoths point of view: If he can't apply the spell on single target? Whats the point hitting the team if you're just gonna apply some damage on 3 different targets? That would be all right if you're goal is to apply as much damage but still. When you're mage and see a low hp target and full hp target and you see a chance to get that kill you dont go for the full hp guy!

Ult should not go through walls. You have problem with that? You can simply hear him ult. He'd ult if there is low hp ally. Or he'd run away because his low hp and probably knows that there's someone low hp in your team so he'would hide behind the wall and ult. Yes! But you'd know that. Or he's missing from lane on siege and you're cleaning the lane. You'd still hear him ult and ages or at very least know his ult is up. Just be more aware of what your enemy is doing. Thats the way you play!
    Last edited by Taniquercy; 10-30-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    He is OP from when HR gave him stun.
    He will become OP cause its a meme and HR love mems.

Remove stun from his dash or reduce dash radius by at least 30% and should be more in balanced tier.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Spesstaco's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    his stun is good, its the fact that he does so much damage that is bad. Even when i get trash team mates (because hirez is the only game company that i have seen constantly fail to fix their matchmaking), i punish the enemy team hard. He needs a stun tho as he was one decently high cooldown dash

Member Follower
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I suppose I'd be ok with him having a stun if he was downgraded to more of a utility mage vs a burst one. The long and short really is that he was designed poorly, imho. He's got high burst, the longest or close to the longest range in the game and high mobility. He should never have been given more than two of those three. Adding a strong, damaging stun on top of that's just irresponsible. But, I guess if they want to go back to characters that are utter bullshit, I'll take my release Bellona again, please. Been all too long since I could 1v5 on-level and win. ;P

Member Follower
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Thoth's big thing is his windows of long-ranged-ness . The pro is it gives him longer ranged everything. The con is he can't do anything until he makes a window and then has to sit behind it barely moving so he needs that range or he'd get burst every time he does his 1.

You can just compare him to Scylla who's pretty similar and then you see he's fine - both are burst God's with pro's and con's. Both dangerous late game but a bit weak early game. I would argue in a straight up comparison Scylla looks better most of the time (better ult higher damage multi hit, better escape goes through walls, longer higher damage multi target root that doesn't use your escape, slightly better passive).
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 11-07-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I think the challenge for me is that his window is so large that when he places it, it pretty much gives him full lane dominance, (i.e. you're not getting anywhere near him in-lane while the window's up without taking damage) with plenty of room to juke back and forth easily, and with an easy escape (now with stun) if he gets jumped from out of the lane, etc.

If they had made it so that he has to choose to either keep his mobility and lose the range, (i.e. he moves as now when the window's not up) or keep the range and lose his mobility, (i.e. his move speed decreases and/or his escape is unavailable when the window is up) I would have no issue - that's the standard burst vs mobility split that exists with most of the characters in Smite, and he still would have had a significant advantage in being one of the few, (if not only) individual characters in Smite that could make that choice on the fly, (i.e. usually you make that choice by the character you select, and are stuck with that decision for the rest of the game - he would continually have that choice all game long, more than enough to give him a highly unusual niche, imho).

The comparison to Scylla's interesting, and does have some similarities, to be sure, but, at least to me, there's a big difference between Scylla's purely horizontal burst on her 2 & ult, (i.e. as an adc, for example, you can get her well within damage range in lane and still avoid her burst) and Thoth's line-based attacks, (i.e. there's no way of getting him in damage range while in lane while avoiding his burst unless you dive around his window, which either costs you a lot of damage to approach or uses an escape to initiate, which isn't a wise choice when your target retains theirs, now with a stun).

Reasonable alternate viewpoint, though.
    Last edited by MissHap; 11-07-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    A lot of mages that should put up a match against him are the utter shit.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead darkjohn333's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    He does not deserve a stun at all. He has a dash away that is all he gets no stun added to it. And his dps is way too fucking high.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjohn333 View Post
    He does not deserve a stun at all. He has a dash away that is all he gets no stun added to it. And his dps is way too fucking high.
    His damage--not DPS, because it's burst, his damage--is on par with other mages. A single-target stun is also nothing special for a mage. His only issue is that he has so much range and such a long escape with little tradeoff. That's all.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts