Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PSA New Soul Eater is stupid on Hunters

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Tried it on AMC yesterday.

Didn't like it at all, was slower and less potent than Devo Gloves and probably would of ended up selling it for Bloodforge once I got my crit online. I had no noticeable power spike and the passive was barely anything to freak out about considering I'd just get more sustain for auto-attacking the wave down instead of hitting it with Swarm.

Not an item i'm going to be buying on my Hunters again.
    Executioner costs 100 gold more after Patch 4.20, but most people are still going to build into it.

If one is going the standard Boots,Stacking Item (Devos or Soul Eater),Executioner, then factoring the 400 gold price difference between Devos and Soul Eater, and that it takes a bit longer to get Executioner online now,may be better to just get Tier 2 Bound Gauntlet, then get Executioner, and then complete Soul Eater, since full stacking Soul Eater is faster than Devos.

So a hunter vs hunter 1v1 scenario will be as below (note below scenario assumes both hunters have the same type of boots):

You - Boots, Executioner, Bound Gauntlet

Versus

Other hunter - Boots, Devos (semi stacked), Tier 2 Balanced Blade

Assuming a 1v1 trading scenario, where both of you hit roughly the same number of autos and abilities, the math should be on the person with Executioner, owing to the Executioner passive shredding enemy protections. Also even though having semi stacked Devos means more sustain, you having extra 10% attack speed should mitigate the difference in lifesteal (10% physical lifesteal for Bound Gauntlet versus 10% physical lifesteal + X% physical lifesteal depending on stack numbers for Devos).

Because going the normal Boots, then stacking item then Executioner, the other hunter will complete Executioner and already have stacks going on Devos while you are still on Tier 2 Balanced Blade, with Soul Eater (which stacks faster than Devos but not so fast that you complete it by the time you get Executioner online).

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonblade2045 View Post
    Haven't gotten to play with it yet, but it sounds like new Soul Eater is going to be this season's Golden Bow. Designed with assassins in mind, abused by the hunters to much that it's going to get either nerfed into uselessness or just outright removed.
    Soul Eater will work better on a tanky assassin build (which seems to be a thing now), than on a full damage assassin build.

I do not agree that the new Soul Eater will be abused by Hunters.

More likely, the class that will abuse this item will be Warriors, because of their larger health pool, so one can survive long enough to have the Soul Eater passive work.

So combining Soul Eater + Gladiator Shield + heal ability in warrior kit will definitely be how players will integrate this new item into their build. Example below.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ullr Jungle is fun and quite good now. Keep up the good work Ethan!
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    will i lost Soul Eater in my inv in adv mode

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihadned View Post
    Ullr Jungle is fun and quite good now. Keep up the good work Ethan!
    Quote Originally Posted by dznero View Post
    will i lost Soul Eater in my inv in adv mode
    The necros.....
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    ???????