Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: LiamX Ranks Smite's Warriors. Now With Osiris

  1. #31
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    Also, if cultural reference what matters, then Medusa is more of a God than raijin. For the record.
    Medusa is not a god but she is very relevant to today's culture and quite important (even though she's not a god). Though I wouldn't rank her above 8 because she wasn't a god. Bellona however isn't important at all. Stop pushing that she is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    considering, you know, that Rome was present in 3 continents.

    I repeat, in terms of Mythological Significance she ranks between 7-9/10.

    Raijin imo is maybe 6/10 given that the Roman Empire had a far larger population than Ancient Japan.
    In terms of mythological significance, you rate her like that because you like her more than Raijin. That's your only reason and you have nothing to back it up.
    You're right about one thing though. Rome covered a much bigger land area compared to Japan and we have many things today that was influenced by ancient Rome. Some things was named after Roman gods: The planets, dwarf planets, elements from the periodic table, some words like "Discord". Therefore, Bellona should have an easier time being remembered by the world if she was as important as you say. I mean, it didn't stop Mercury, Discordia or Saturn. But nope, Bellona was too unimportant for people to remember her. Raijin showed up in video games not related to mythology. Bellona is not in the Italian video games, no planet was named after her, no dwarf planet was named after her, no periodic table element was named after her, no word was named after her, she's just not important at all.

    Also, Shinto was replaced by Buddhism for a very long time and some Shinto gods were not popular enough to be remembered. It's the same as Roman religion replaced by Christianity.
    The important gods stood the test of time while the unimportant ones, forgotten.

    Also, Cu Chulainn is ranked 6/10 because he's not a god and not as strong as one. If he was, he'd be much much higher.
    Last edited by LiamX; 10-24-2017 at 01:19 AM.

  2. #32
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Medusa is not a god but she is very relevant to today's culture and quite important (even though she's not a god). Though I wouldn't rank her above 8 because she wasn't a god. Bellona however isn't important at all. Stop pushing that she is.



    In terms of mythological significance, you rate her like that because you like her more than Raijin. That's your only reason and you have nothing to back it up.
    You're right about one thing though. Rome covered a much bigger land area compared to Japan and we have many things today that was influenced by ancient Rome. Some things was named after Roman gods: The planets, dwarf planets, elements from the periodic table, some words like "Discord". Therefore, Bellona should have an easier time being remembered by the world if she was as important as you say. I mean, it didn't stop Mercury, Discordia or Saturn. But nope, Bellona was too unimportant for people to remember her. Raijin showed up in video games not related to mythology. Bellona is not in the Italian video games, no planet was named after her, no dwarf planet was named after her, no periodic table element was named after her, no word was named after her, she's just not important at all.

    Also, Shinto was replaced by Buddhism for a very long time and some Shinto gods were not popular enough to be remembered. It's the same as Roman religion replaced by Christianity.
    The important gods stood the test of time while the unimportant ones, forgotten.

    Also, Cu Chulainn is ranked 6/10 because he's not a god and not as strong as one. If he was, he'd be much much higher.
    Sigh.

    Bellona comes from the Latin word "Bellum" which means WAR.

    Bellona is literally the embodiment of War.

    Totally not important to the Warhungry Romans.

    And I thought by mythological importance, you meant importance to their people.

    That's the only importance that matters.

    Even today the Irish still hold Cu Chulainn as one of their main national heroes.
    What do I put here now?

  3. #33
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Sigh.

    Bellona comes from the Latin word "Bellum" which means WAR.

    Bellona is literally the embodiment of War.

    Totally not important to the Warhungry Romans.

    And I thought by mythological importance, you meant importance to their people.

    That's the only importance that matters.

    Even today the Irish still hold Cu Chulainn as one of their main national heroes.
    Ok, we'll discuss about Bellona in the "Bellona vs Raijin and Bellona's Unimportance to Mythology Confirmed" thread.
    As for Cu Chulainn, that's the thing. He's a mortal hero. Not a god. He is important, yes but he's not a god and he is in a game called "Battle of gods" and he's not as strong as gods so he can't be any higher than he's suppose to be. The only gods that are less important than him are those who are actually unimportant like Bellona.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Chosen zitagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Posts
    1,325
    11
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    Oh god, not even Abis Mal would be this idiotic like Liam with his stupid "x god is unimportant because I said so". Seriously dude, get a reality check! Bellona was important to the Romans due to her embodying war and Romans being generally about wars. Get it or should I build a time machine for you so you can see it? Ah screw that, you are too delusional to even see the truth with your own eyes.

    Who wants some bleach? I think only a genie can summn enough gallons of bleach for this idioticy.
    Genie of the Forum!

    Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

    Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

  5. #35
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Ok, we'll discuss about Bellona in the "Bellona vs Raijin and Bellona's Unimportance to Mythology Confirmed" thread.
    As for Cu Chulainn, that's the thing. He's a mortal hero. Not a god. He is important, yes but he's not a god and he is in a game called "Battle of gods" and he's not as strong as gods so he can't be any higher than he's suppose to be. The only gods that are less important than him are those who are actually unimportant like Bellona.
    That logic makes no sense.

    Your importance doesn't matter based on an arbitrary status.

    Cu Chulainn is a hero, said to be the reincarnation of a god (his father Lugh) who committed many great feats that rival those of the Gods.

    Pls.

    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    Oh god, not even Abis Mal would be this idiotic like Liam with his stupid "x god is unimportant because I said so". Seriously dude, get a reality check! Bellona was important to the Romans due to her embodying war and Romans being generally about wars. Get it or should I build a time machine for you so you can see it? Ah screw that, you are too delusional to even see the truth with your own eyes.

    Who wants some bleach? I think only a genie can summn enough gallons of bleach for this idioticy.
    Don't tire yourself out Ms. Genie xD. I highly doubt even your formidable powers can summon enough bleach for this.
    What do I put here now?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chosen zitagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Posts
    1,325
    11
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    That logic makes no sense.

    Your importance doesn't matter based on an arbitrary status.

    Cu Chulainn is a hero, said to be the reincarnation of a god (his father Lugh) who committed many great feats that rival those of the Gods.

    Pls.



    Don't tire yourself out Ms. Genie xD. I highly doubt even your formidable powers can summon enough bleach for this.

    You are right. Not even phenomenal cosmic powers would be enough for this.

    Seriously though, Liam needs to stop. Unless he studied all relegions and mythologies (which I highly doubt) he should stop this "this god is unimportant". He probably only worships Raijin because of anime stuff that got popular in the west during the decades.
    Genie of the Forum!

    Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

    Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

  7. #37
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    Oh god, not even Abis Mal would be this idiotic like Liam with his stupid "x god is unimportant because I said so". Seriously dude, get a reality check! Bellona was important to the Romans due to her embodying war and Romans being generally about wars. Get it or should I build a time machine for you so you can see it? Ah screw that, you are too delusional to even see the truth with your own eyes.

    Who wants some bleach? I think only a genie can summn enough gallons of bleach for this idioticy.
    Well would you look at that. Based on this comment alone, you're the only one who said Bellona is important because you said so whereas I have arguments in previous posts to backup the truth of why she's unimportant. Also, check "Bellona vs Raijin and Bellona's Unimportance to Mythology Confirmed" thread. That's a better place to discuss her irrelevance.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    My room
    Posts
    972
    10
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Rep Power
    0
    Only reason you like Cu chu is because he is stupid and can outdmg any other warrior even under their own tower taking tower agro for 10 sec

  9. #39
    King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Surfing on Empoleons back
    Posts
    2,118
    15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    12
    You give Bellona a 1/10 for mythological importance, and your defending argument is that she isn't in any video games.

    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts


  10. #40
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    You give Bellona a 1/10 for mythological importance, and your defending argument is that she isn't in any video games.
    Actually that's 2/10 but I understand you mistake it for 1/10. She's that unimportant.
    Anyway, she's not in any popular modern culture is one of the arguments. Popular entities like the planets which was named after Roman gods is another. But really, she just doesn't stand the test of time. She wasn't very important to the Romans compared to their other gods. Her defender has to bring out her husband to make her look important. Gotta squeeze every argument you can even the tiniest ones eh Lyralis? Nah thats fine. Do whatever you want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •