Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheating

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran

Cheating

i wonder, is Smite have anticheat in the first place? can't say about conquest, but i see cheaters on arena in at least 1 match per week. i mean clear cheaters, who teleporting, moving faster than they even can with thier items and any speed buff their team can have, reactivating relics after it ended right a few seconds ago, ults twice in a row with time betwin 2 ults like 20 sec, and so on...

just today i played agains Kukulkan who did 1008 damage with his 1 at 588 mag power. his 1 deals 240+75%, at 588 power it would deal 688 damage at best. i watched his stats in "Tab" window right after he killed me, it shows total stats, including power bonuses such as power pots or red buff.

in the same match there was Loki who teleported like 20-30 units forward, no visual effect, no sound effect, he just walkied and bam, he is in other place, i could say he was lagging, but he played too good for lagging player, you know.

once on arena, like month ago, i saw teleporting Hades. that guy teleporting away even after he was stunned, come from nowhere, disapper to nowhere with out blink or his 1. and again, it wasn't lag, just because his "teleport" didn't move him in dangerous situations even once, all his teleports was in his benefit.

i saw Rama with infinite sprint. its was like this: i attacked enemy Anubis, Rama gived him a sprint, he runs away, then come back and heal from minion wave, i ult him(i was Sol), it hits him like 3-4 shots(3-4 of 8, so i wasn't enough to kill him, nothing bad here), he runs away again, i use my 3 to chase him and Rama comes closer and gives him a sprint again... i would say someone else gived him a sprint, but Rama was only one in their team with that relic.

so, do Hi-Rez doing something about cheaters?
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Actually the recent damage taken screen is fucked up(in S3 it wasn't!). If you get hit twice by the same ability it shows damage from both hits combined. In S3 it was showing the very last hit of each ability. If you will use T screen, you will see the different numbers that appears on the recent damage screen. T screen shows how many ticks of dot damage you have taken, but it's not working perfectly... it's pretty much bugged. About a speed, teleporting may be lags(but not always), and the insane speed... I seen one chronos recently... not sure if his 2 could allow him to run like he did...
    Last edited by xDarksacrificex; 05-31-2017 at 01:42 PM.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    so, do Hi-Rez doing something about cheaters?
    Yeah actually. Not too long ago they implemented EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat). Which was notable because it kept banning people for having various non-cheating based 3rd party programmes running the background. As well as a bunch of people getting kicked out of games for no reason.

Essentially, anti-cheat system that is really trigger happy.

But as is the way of cheaters, they're literally always working on ways to bypass any system in place to prevent them. Meaning it's a full time job to keep updating anti-cheat systems and you can't know how people are going to bypass them until they do it so GG...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rarely see cheaters, if any at all. Ran into maybe 4 total over the years I've played this game. Yesterday my friend thought Medusa was cheating because she had a fatalis and her passive, so~

People do have some convenient lag though when they're about to get ass fucked.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    well the teleport cheat thing clearly works similarly to people who actually have bad connection. So knowing if they just have bad connection or are actually cheating is very hard to know for sure.

I had a fun moment as Loki, I was about to kill their Artemis in arena at the purple closest to our spawn.

It starts to lagg. I have had similar lagg in games many times and an enemy ult usually follows it or people try and gank me during lagg. A thing I noticed is that sometimes when it laggs like this you can still input commands and your god will do the commands as if there was no lagg(you know if the lagg is like that if you hear the sound effects of your skills when hitting them) . I have even killed people like this and of course run away many times to the point I know how to handle it best you can. Anyway since I know I probably won't get kill I disengage and head for base. When the lagg stops I am under tower fire at their base a thoth lines up his spells so I try and kill him but die. I accused thoth after for cheats his response was that he wasn't even playing when it happened he was in fountain, which is a place you would maybe go if you would try and fiddle with the sticks a bit as I see it. This might have been unlucky lagg but how he was there waiting for me felt so weird, how I during lagg managed to run there I can't even fathom cause I wasn't even heading in that direction when the lagg started and I didn't move so I would end up there.

Long time ago I played swk. And this zeus was clearly cheating, he jumped around like you describe. He and his friend where so bad so we where winning anyway. I escape a gank from them in bird form and suddenly I get super slowed (like 90% slow or smth) in bird form without anything hitting me. I still manage to go behind a wall and tp to base. I regen up and then I get teleported back to where I left and zeus and friend was waiting. How this could happen with lagg or cheats I have no idea how to explain.

I've also had a teammate in assault with Odin forgoing boots for his 3 first items cause he thought his lagg hack would enable him to initiate anyway but it didn't he messed it upp almost every time. His plan for the game was quite obvious though, max cdr quick, skip boots, lagg in and ult. Note he only lagged when going for initiations. Its the most obvious one I ever saw. And this is a guy I have played a bit with so I know he was onto smth weird. He never done it again though afaik, at least not when I when Im around, as I expressed my dissatisfaction and left the party instantly after that game.

Hi rez are doing lots of work vs cheaters I think. There is much less off it then during late s2. Late during s2 not only did you see a lot of laggers, you would get kicked from games as well and I'm fairly sure that was some kind of cheat. This was a few weeks at late s2 where it was really bad, several games a day laggers and kicked from games. Once during this time I picked a God a 4 man didn't like as the lowest ranked on team and I got kicked from game. My guess is they thought they would do better without me. Once s3 hit it all kinda went away and became much better. These days you see it very rarely and with regards to how bad it was at one point I'm really happy with how infrequently bad things happen that could be cheats that ruin games these days.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-31-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xDarksacrificex View Post
    Actually the recent damage taken screen is fucked up(in S3 it wasn't!). If you get hit twice by the same ability it shows damage from both hits combined. In S3 it was showing the very last hit of each ability. If you will use T screen, you will see the different numbers that appears on the recent damage screen. T screen shows how many ticks of dot damage you have taken, but it's not working perfectly... it's pretty much bugged.
    yeah, except a fact, that i saw the same numbers in 3 places: on my screen when it hit me, in Y screen and T screen, and it was 1 tick of damage in T screen. also he didn't hit me twice in that fight, because there was no fight at all, he just came from behing during teamfight and killed me with his 1. so yes, it was 1008 damage from his 1 at 588 mag power, which is impossible...

about teleporting Loki, i could agree it was a lag, if not other moments. at the game start, when we stand near buffs and wait camp mobs to spawn, that Loki attacked me from invis(it applied bleed from his 1, so he realy was in his 1), he hit me once and used his 1 again. his 1 have 15 sec cooldown, even at max CDR it have 9 sec cooldown, it going cooldown after he become invisible, so even after all 4 sec of invisibility its still 5 sec before he can use it again, and its at max CDR, early game your CDR is 10% at best. but that guy gone in invis right after his hit, that applied a DoT of his 1... also i saw him using his invis 3 times in a row in a single fight against me. first one for his first attack from invis, second to hide when i start to fight back and third to chase me, that fight was like 10 sec long...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 06-01-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Rarely see cheaters, if any at all. Ran into maybe 4 total over the years I've played this game. Yesterday my friend thought Medusa was cheating because she had a fatalis and her passive, so~

People do have some convenient lag though when they're about to get ass fucked.
    I've seen a few blatant cheaters over the years. My favorite was a Vulcan player in an arena match who was clearly speed-hacking. He'd run from their base to the second set of pillars and back again in like 3 seconds, zooming out of the way of aoes, etc. At one point one of our team was low on health and retreating to the fountain. They started from the blue buff area and were running back, he was at the second set of pillars closest to his own base. He caught up to them, dropped all his attacks (except the ult, which was down), and killed them. Then ran all the way back to his base, and none of us could keep up with him. When several people said "nice speed hack there, buddy" in the lobby afterwards, he claimed "it was just lag". Yeah, because lag lets you run faster than everyone else in the game, drop accurate attacks and then run away before they can catch you.

I've seen some other questionable things as well that may or may not have been a hack of some sort. Like getting hit for 1000 damage by an enemy Zhong at 9th level with a single 2-1 combo, when he had about 100 power. Or a Medusa that hit me for 900 damage at level 6. Or people who seem to have beads up every single time they get in trouble, even if it's every 40-50 seconds. Etc.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    The only cheat I've seen was speed hack maybe 2 times in my entire 1,6k hours in Smite.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    if you see someone teleporting and having more speed sometimes then its lag but if you see it happening a lot then its clearly a cheater and we have EAC for banning cheaters and right befre EAC was added someone from hirez i dont remember i think it was hirez pon pon who said they ban around 600 cheaters every day so yeah i think hirez actually do something about it ive rarely seen a cheater tho but sometimes people just up and start blaming everyone for cheaters when they are bad
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Personally I'm on console so I don't see cheating often, I've seen lag and I've seen what might be a speed hack. What really bugs me though since I love Medusa is when someone is doing instant 180°s. Don't get me wrong, some people just have high sensitivity and turn fast and that just shows they have more skill at the game and my ult is useless against them. Some people literally do instant 180s though, no turning animation at all. They are skilled in its use as right before my ult goes off they are instantly turned around to dodge and then instantly turned around again to keep attacking, but still it is as if they are pressing a button to 180°.