Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LiamX Ranks Smite's Warriors. Now With Osiris

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

LiamX Ranks Smite's Warriors. Now With Osiris

Ok. So I finally got to play Osiris. And I played him 10+ times. Probably even 20. So I can say that I am now proficient with all the warriors in Smite. Heck I haven't played Guardian in a while. I probably play this class more than Guardian.

So I will be rating the gods in three different areas: Gameplay Fun, Mythological Importance and Visual Design. So to those of you saying "are you basing it on Arena or Conquest or etc", I don't. This is their package as a Smite god.

Dead Last: Bellona

Gameplay Fun: 3/10
    Mythological Importance: 2/10
    Visual Design: 1/10
    Score: 6/30

So, over the course of time, a lot of gods has changed placements. Bellona however did not. She was dead last on the list then, she's dead last on the list now. She's a terrible goddess, not just because she's unimportant in world mythology but also because she's boring. She's been on rotation for 3 weeks now for me and I tried giving her a chance. Although, I can dominate with her especially with her ulti + 2nd skill combo, her skills are just bloated and pale. Truly a goddess of noobs warrior version. Her visual design is also one of the worst. She doesn't look Roman and she's ugly af. She's like a skinny, female version of Shrek.

13th: Nike

Gameplay Fun: 1/10
    Mythological Importance 5/10
    Score: 7/30

Well would you look at that. The only reason why Nike beat Bellona is because of her mythological importance. Smite Nike however is terrible. Her gameplay is simple but not the fun kind like Hachiman. There isn't many gameplay style with her. She also looks boring and uninspired. They have to change her kit and visual design to make people like her.

12th: Erlang Shen

Gameplay Fun: 5/10
    Mythological Importance: 8/10
    Visual Design: 3/10
    Score: 16/30

Wow I didn't expect Erlang to be this low. He's kinda ok gameplay-wise. He was difficult when I first used him mostly because his gameplay style isn't clear like most warriors but he can be a good tank and great when you build attack speed with him. Though I prefer Osiris with the attack-speed type warrior build. Still, Erlang has a lot of good things in his kit. Escape + shield and stun. What we need from Erlang though is a remodel. Make his armor look more badass and Chinese-like.

11th: Amaterasu

Mythological Importance: 10/10
    Visual Design: 6/10
    Score: 19/30

Wow I didn't expect Amaterasu to be this low either. She's kinda boring mostly because she can't be as tanky as I want her to be. If I build full attack speed with her, I have to play as an assassin. When I play warrior, I mostly end up having people target me so I need more tanky from her. She can be useful with her auras however.

10th: Hercules

Gameplay Fun: 10/10
    Mythological Importance 7/10
    Visual Design: 5/10
    Score: 22/30

Hercules was 2nd or 3rd before but his visual design screwed him over. I like his gladiator-ish design but his head, yeah, it's too small. He definitely looks more Roman than Bellona which is very good. Gameplay however, he's very fun. He's most fun in assault where enemies are in one lane and you pull then push + stun them in your tower. I've had countless games turned around because of that combo. Hercules is also very tanky. I never become a sitting duck with him even when allies suck and enemies dominate. Hercules is just awesome. I wish they'll remodel him. Keep the gladiator look but resize his head.

9th: Guan Yu

Gameplay Fun: 7/10
    Visual Design: 9/10
    Score: 23/30

There's nothing much to say with Guan Yu. I mostly use him as a utility warrior, healing people and stuff. When an ally has him on assault, I always trade my god for him because his heal + utility kit. Visual Design, he's awesome. He is very lore accurate. His looks, his weapon, his kit. I just love how lore accurate Guan Yu is. But then, most Chinese gods are (except Jing Wei).

8th: Ravana

Gameplay Fun: 6/10
    Mythological Importance 10/10
    Visual Design: 8/10
    Score: 24/30

Ok so I admit. Hindu is not my strong point when discussing mythological importance. However, I talked to my Hindu priest friend and he said Ravana is that important in Hindu culture because of the Ramayana. Visual design, he's also badass. Gameplay however, he's not my style. Unless you prefer just hitting people over and over again. All of his abilities require aiming and I'm more of a utility/tanky type of player when playing warrior. To each his own I guess. I would say he's one of the more unique gods in Smite.

7th: Tyr

Mythological Importance 8/10

Another god that requires good aiming skills. There is a reason why Tyr is considered one of the hardest gods to play. I've had many games where Tyr dominates early game but falls off hard late game. He's definitely an early game god. What I love about Tyr is that he looks badass. His victory screen, also badass.

6th: Chaac

Gameplay Fun: 8/10
    Mythological Importance: 8/10

If you're a utility or tanky player, you'd love Chaac. His ulti silence can really turn things around. He also has great sustain. Though, he does fall off hard late game. I prefer to build him as an auto-attack warrior just so he'll stay relevant late game.

5th: Cu Chulainn

Gameplay Fun: 9/10
    Mythological Importance: 6/10

Cu Chulainn is a very fun god to play in some modes but not much in others. Cu Chulainn's prime strength is that he has very good regeneration. Try getting both health regen and mana regen. Mana regen becomes health regen so that's double the regen for you. His weakness however is that skill spamming needs good management skill. With other warriors, I spam then regen my mana but with Cu, you have to hit minions or continue hitting gods to keep spamming. However, he can be a force to be reckoned with and I also like how they designed him.

4th: Osiris

Score: 25/30

Ah the last warrior I've had a "first time playing" with. It took me a while to realize Osiris' combo. He does require good aiming skills. Like Tyr, he's known to be one of the difficult gods to play in Smite. However, I love his kit. His multiple stun on his 3 + his damage mitigations can do serious damage. He's a very good tank. His slow can be useful or can be not useful since it's easily countered.

3rd: Vamana

Gameplay Fun: 9/10
    Visual Design: 10/10
    Score: 26/30

Vamana is definitely one of the more fun gods to play in Smite. I don't know why he's not played as much. Yeah his skills cost like a mage but if you time them well, he can be a great annoyance. That multiple knockup is very good utility. His 2 can do serious damage. His slow and his ulti are icing on the cake. The ulti is very good for wrecking havoc. People may run away from you or they'll fight you. You just have to know when to use it. I use it either when we're in the middle of a team fight or when I'm about to die. Don't use his ulti for engage unless you have really good slow that can't be countered. People will just run away and you'll waste it. Vamana's visual design is also very lore-accurate. His visual design now is better than the old one.

2nd: Odin

Gameplay Fun: 8/10
    Score: 27/30

I love Odin mostly because both his visual design and kit are very lore accurate. There are a lot of references to his real lore arsenal. His weapon: Gungnir. His ravens: Hugin and Munin. His one-eye. The only thing lacking is his horse: Sleipnir. As for gameplay, Odin is excellent for the fact that he's a powerhouse early game. Late-game, he's just an ulti bot but early game, he's awesome. I target mages with his combo and it usually ends well.

Best: Sun Wukong

Gameplay Fun: 10/10
    Mythological Importance 9/10
    Visual Design: 10/10
    Score: 29/30

Sun Wukong will always be the best warrior in Smite. I didn't give him a 10 in Mythological Importance because he's not a god. He is however, stronger than most gods. He defeated the Army of Heaven! His visual design is very badass. His gameplay, spectacular. When I get my defensive items online, I rampage in the middle of the enemy ranks and have my allies deal damage. If my allies are not incompetent to have the enemy warrior or guardian take all 4 of them out, I usually come out successful. You can also engage well with him with his ox transformation. I love how sarcastic he sounds in his voicepack. Definitely captured Sun Wukong's personality.

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post

Dead Last: Bellona

Mythological Importance: 2/10
    Score: 6/30

So, over the course of time, a lot of gods has changed placements. Bellona however did not. She was dead last on the list then, she's dead last on the list now. She's a terrible goddess, not just because she's unimportant in world mythology

Can you like, stop spamming this nonsense?

You have been proven wrong multiple times on your stupid opinion and misconception of mythology. Bellona is important for the Romans, whether you think or not. End of story.

So here, take an equally stupid raijin meme for it. You have been calling for it.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    10/10 best reviews ;P
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    Can you like, stop spamming this nonsense?

You have been proven wrong multiple times on your stupid opinion and misconception of mythology. Bellona is important for the Romans, whether you think or not. End of story.

So here, take an equally stupid raijin meme for it. You have been calling for it.
    ^ Actually Raijin is very important in mythology especially in Japanese culture. There are a lot of pop culture that referenced him. Naruto, Dota 2, Final Fantasy. You don't see any pop culture reference Bellona. Even Final Fantasy where a lot of gods appear. No Bellona but Raijin is there. Bellona is not important to world myth and nope, no one has proven that. Raijin however, is.

Also, the fact that you brought Raijin up even with the thread not doing anything about him or mentioned him says a lot about his popularity.

Now, let's get back to the discussion and comment on the warriors of Smite.
    Last edited by LiamX; 10-23-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    10/10 best reviews ;P
    Thank you. I appreciate you rating my review.

Achievements:
    Also, the fact that you brought Raijin up even with the thread not doing anything about him or mentioned him says a lot about his popularity.
    Aaaaand you also lack the cognitive ability to comprehend what was written down. Or actually detect sarcasm for that matter.

Well, enjoy your bubble of ignorance and misbelief, because kid, reality will come and burst it harder than a Scylla can that minion called raijin.

Mmmmm... So good!

Achievements:
    Also, if cultural reference what matters, then Medusa is more of a God than raijin. For the record.

Mmmmm... So good!

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    ^ Actually Raijin is very important in mythology especially in Japanese culture. There are a lot of pop culture that referenced him. Naruto, Dota 2, Final Fantasy. You don't see any pop culture reference Bellona. Even Final Fantasy where a lot of gods appear. No Bellona but Raijin is there. Bellona is not important to world myth and nope, no one has proven that. Raijin however, is.

I remember Bellona in the percy jackson series!

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

New Member Cupidhead StarCrackerszszzs's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I will say this guy is literally the only reason I can bear how bad these forums are and make a new account each time I want to reply.

Can we agree if you're right about bellona. Your opinion is fully correct. Then I will give you that... we all will if you agree you are the bellona of these forums. 0 importance. From now on I shall call you bellona.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

---->THE JOKE--->

Your Head.

----

First of all, Bellona's visual design is 10/10. She's EXACTLY how a warrior goddess should look, strong, fierce, and inspiring terror.

Second, the fact that you rate Cu Chulainn 6/10 in importance shows your knowledge. That is, the lack of it.

To the Irish, Cu Chulainn is a symbol of their independence and he's revered there.

Longer version read this post by CircularMotion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...lainn/dixll29/

Basically, to the people that actually matter, Cu Chu is 10/10.

Also this goes without saying, but Mythological Importance should only count for the people of that mythology/culture/religion.

Thus, Bellona would be 9/10 for the Romans.

Raijin, maybe 7/10 for the Japanese.
    What do I put here now?