Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person

Elo Hell does exsist

Just had shiny example of this

Ive mainly played with silver/gold for the last 20 ranked conquest games
    Suddently 1 game were everyone is diamond+
    What am I to do vs decent people? Ive bin playing vs bots all the time and now i suddently find myself again human players, who lay traps and group up. People who juke your abilites and basics and know when to run.

So there you have it, and its not the first time Ive experience this either and Im sure there are other out there too

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Elo Hell is an accurate representation of the rank you belong in. If you're stuck in silver elo hell, you're a silver level player. You can get out of elo hell with even a 55% winrate easily, so if you're negative in wins-losses, the problem lies elsewhere.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    Just had shiny example of this

Ive mainly played with silver/gold for the last 20 ranked conquest games
    Suddently 1 game were everyone is diamond+
    What am I to do vs decent people? Ive bin playing vs bots all the time and now i suddently find myself again human players, who lay traps and group up. People who juke your abilites and basics and know when to run.

So there you have it, and its not the first time Ive experience this either and Im sure there are other out there too
    so you got mismatched once. that sure as hell proves elo hell.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's all personal and relative, for me mid Diamond used to be elo hell at some point.

Junior Member Cupidhead Nidhoggers's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Elo Hell is an accurate representation of the rank you belong in. If you're stuck in silver elo hell, you're a silver level player. You can get out of elo hell with even a 55% winrate easily, so if you're negative in wins-losses, the problem lies elsewhere.
    I would disagree. It really all depends on luck.. When you're queued with people building T2 Transcendence Bastet in the jungle, Death's Toll Guan, & Bluestone Apollo you seem to be at a disadvantage.. Especially when that's all in one game when you're Diamond V..

I'll get games with ADCs rushing full boots to start, mid laners tanking wave/dying 1st wave, & people that are just really toxic. I usually get 3 - 8 minute queue times too.

"Carry your games" is a bit misrepresentation. Climbing rank literally feels like a grind that's based around MM luck, & who you're matched with. You can be matched with shitters while the enemy team will still have some decent players. Smite's supposed to be a team game although it just doesn't feel like one if you're supposed to carry games by yourself.

Elo hell does in-fact exist, & it's based off of luck. That's why you should never rate someone based on their individual ranking rather then their own performance in game. Just dropping my two cents.
    Last edited by Nidhoggers; 10-22-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Typo

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    so you got mismatched once. that sure as hell proves elo hell.
    If you read the at the end it says this isnt the first time this have happend

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggers View Post
    I would disagree. It really all depends on luck..
    With luck i didnt get 75% winrate in Ranked Conquest from Bronze to Diamond with luck i am not outplaying my opponents with luck i dont do good shotcalls and i could continue like that but i wont but you get the idea
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 10-22-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    When your teammates afk every game and want to sur every time they die, games start getting toxic and moral drops
    Decent players see possibilites were noobs dont
    Just played a game that went a little bad early for solo and mid, but we eventually won by 2 people voiting no every time and kept pushing.
    Its funny because we had the same amount of kills and gold, but 1 guy on enemy team gets a little fed and people want to sur.
    This is so typical scenario

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    If you read the at the end it says this isnt the first time this have happend
    doesnt matter. bad matchmaking is not proof for elo hell. its bad matchmaking for your enemy as well.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Junior Member Cupidhead Nidhoggers's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    With luck i didnt get 75% winrate in Ranked Conquest from Bronze to Diamond with luck i am not outplaying my opponents with luck i dont do good shotcalls and i could continue like that but i wont
    That's just your personal experience. I've done the same thing yet some games are impossible to carry. I'm not saying you're outplaying them with luck although when you have 3 people on your team that doesn't know how to play the game compared to 4 fully educated players.. I think you see the problem. There's definitely a luck factor in Smite with this MM - https://i.imgur.com/Is27dRz.png