Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Elo Hell does exsist

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by TiaraYune View Post
    Ronan has a point
    Why is ELO Hell still a thing in SMITE when its basically nothing but biased blame on Matchmaking, instead of actually giving helpful feedback once in a while.
    Imbalance can always exist, if the ELO system is so bad, atleast give some hints on how to fix it.
    I feel like one of the ways to fix this system is to make TP game more radical; getting in the low teens is just insufficient. Players dont feel like the mode really matters and they dont feel progression (Whether negative or positive) really happening. And then players just drop the mode. Why play this mode when it really doesnt match my rank when I can go grind on casual conq and improve my SGS (Yes I know people dont think SGS is accurate for skill but is our ranking system accurate?)

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    I feel like one of the ways to fix this system is to make TP game more radical; getting in the low teens is just insufficient. Players dont feel like the mode really matters and they dont feel progression (Whether negative or positive) really happening. And then players just drop the mode. Why play this mode when it really doesnt match my rank when I can go grind on casual conq and improve my SGS (Yes I know people dont think SGS is accurate for skill but is our ranking system accurate?)
    It isn't if basically everyone just complain without rating the system itself, you know that thing that sometimes appears at the end of the match so you can rate matchmaking? You know basically no one takes the time to write about it?
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    It isn't if basically everyone just complain without rating the system itself, you know that thing that sometimes appears at the end of the match so you can rate matchmaking? You know basically no one takes the time to write about it?
    Theres a thing where they ask you about matchmaking?

I have only seen the ones that ask you if you have had fun in the match

Ironically, those only appear whenever we get smashed or we smash.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    You know what else exists inside elo hell?

ManBearPig.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    With luck i didnt get 75% winrate in Ranked Conquest from Bronze to Diamond with luck i am not outplaying my opponents with luck i dont do good shotcalls and i could continue like that but i wont but you get the idea
    The problem isn't the player it's the team. This isn't League of Legends or DotA. You can't just solo carry in SMITE unless you play very specific gods or the enemy team is simply that bad. I have lost countless games cause of terrible teammates. They only feed and never listen to calls even from a player who is clearly above them in skill.

Last night I played my first game in like almost a month. I played Loki jungle and had a weird but useful team comp. So what happened? My Rama was shit in Duo and Anoobis was dying in solo. Riajin was bitching in mid about me helping when I was holding lane for solo so he didn't lose 70% of his tower hp.

However the difference between the usual noobs and these guys. They actually listened to what I said and if I came to gank they helped. so what happened that match? We won. I ended with more kills then our entire team combined cause they actually worked with me to fight at the right times. Now this proves Elo Hell exists when you can have a good player lose games and then the one time I get good players I do insanely well...
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Tell me how elo hell does not exist?
    This match Izanami on the enemy team was afk for at least 10 minutes total. Me being the nice player I was let her farm until she was a decent level while I killed her entire team. She was essentially useless for the rest of the game, but despite how well I was doing and their afk my team still managed to feed their brains out so hard that I couldn't carry them. I demoted from goddamn plat 5 to gold 4 in 3 days and then I worked my way up to gold 1 again in 2 days and now I am back to demoting to gold 4 in the span of 2 days. This is truly ridiculous. Every match I get at least 2 people that either leave or troll. The premades do this the most. Just stop letting people go premade in ranked please.

Last edited by Yodalemos; 10-26-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Pictures removed for naming and shaming, if you want to provide match links or screenshots please censor the names first.
    I posted this just one hour ago in another thread in the subforum.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Oh look right after that match I did demote to gold 4 with this afk susano. Nice surrender from my team. Thank you matchmaking.

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodalemos View Post
    Oh look right after that match I did demote to gold 4 with this afk susano. Nice surrender from my team. Thank you matchmaking.

Are you implying that part of elo hell is the matchmaker has the ability to single you out and put asshole leavers on your team?

Knew it. Proof of aliens right there.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Are you implying that part of elo hell is the matchmaker has the ability to single you out and put asshole leavers on your team?

Knew it. Proof of aliens right there.
    i wish i had that meme saved here. but im too lazy to download it now.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works