Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Elo Hell does exsist

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggers View Post
    You contradicted yourself here. "Elo hell" is literally just when a player constantly gets bad/unbalanced games. This has been proven over

and over

and over

and over again countless times

Anyone who uses the excuse that it's fake is just being naive IMO or haven't played enough ranked. ELO Hell in Smite is basically games that aren't balanced/one-sided which does exist. You say "some games" although what if some games are over 5+ games for some people daily?

This is RNG. You can't say that someone will climb out of a specific ranking if they're constantly struck by bad luck.

ELO Hell is basically RNG.

--

How do you solve this? Simple, HiRez has even found the solution. Increase the playerbase.. That's why they refuse to make more requirements for ranked. y'all wanna help with bad MM? Invite people, friends, & others.
    elo hell is when players bitch about their teammates being trash and show it as an excuse for their lack of performance. smites matchmaking is not perfect yes, but it doesnt go for you only. it also goes for your enemy teams too. theres simply mathematically no possibility for you to constantly keep getting bad teams in a way that it prevents you from climbing, barring the possibility of you belonging in that rank.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    You do not get 20TP at all tho i am getting tops 17 TP and thats becuz my Division is higher than my Rank so at best you would be getting 10-14tp if your Division is same as your Rank so that would take longer actually and i think its fine i climbed from Bronze 5 to Diamond 5 without skipping with like 400 games
    400 games is around 267 hours of gameplay

Thats a lot.....

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    400 games is around 267 hours of gameplay

Thats a lot.....
    That's nearly half of my entire playtime.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I disagree and think if you are good you will slowly get out of gold or lower. You just need to focus on getting better yourself and stop blaming pick/bans/whatever you think is the problem.

Sure we all get those games you just can't win, it happens to everyone even at top elo. But a good player will try to take something out of that game on what they could have done better even if there is no hope to win.

Do that and it will come in time.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    I disagree and think if you are good you will slowly get out of gold or lower. You just need to focus on getting better yourself and stop blaming pick/bans/whatever you think is the problem.

Sure we all get those games you just can't win, it happens to everyone even at top elo. But a good player will try to take something out of that game on what they could have done better even if there is no hope to win.

There is nothing to take out of your team having 10 deaths at the 2 minute mark.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    There is nothing to take out of your team having 10 deaths at the 2 minute mark.
    Except that you did nothing wrong usually in that scenario, don't blame yourself, etc.

Also f6 at 10 is ideal then, if it doesn't work then you also learn you're playing with trolls.
    What do I put here now?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post

I like you and you should get a cookie
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Junior Member Cupidhead Nidhoggers's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    elo hell is when players bitch about their teammates being trash and show it as an excuse for their lack of performance. smites matchmaking is not perfect yes, but it doesnt go for you only. it also goes for your enemy teams too. theres simply mathematically no possibility for you to constantly keep getting bad teams in a way that it prevents you from climbing, barring the possibility of you belonging in that rank.
    A high majority of the time the "bitching" isn't an excuse, & it's justified when you see stuff like Guan DT, Thanatos T2 DB, Neith T2 Titan's Bane, going to lane full boots/no pots, Apollo bluestone, etc.

"theres simply mathematically no possibility for you to constantly keep getting bad teams in a way that it prevents you from climbing"

Incorrect. Bad losing streak = possibly negative = Overrated = Eventually just getting 8 TP per win making it very difficult to climb. Again, it's all RNG. Nothing is "mathematically" impossible. This is coming from a DV person who doesn't even have to continue playing ranked for the rest of the season if he isn't enjoying it.

"if you aren't having fun then why are you playing ranked"

I like getting tilted/addiction. I signed up for hell..

Once you start ranked.. there's no returning..

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Elo Hell is not real, it's an excuse people use when they can't get out of the rank they belong in. If you're good enough you'll be able to carry yourself out of your bronze/silver placements.

Bad matches happen sure, but Elo Hell is just a fake excuse.
    That is utterly absoloutly 100% bullshit
    This is not overwatch, you cant just 1v5 the entire enemy team an entire match

In smite u need other people to defend your objetives and 1 person cant be all over the map at all time

This game is made to relly on your teamates,
    and if they feed, they make the game harder for you

Feeding is a thing that no matter how good you are, you wont be able to deal with

When you have 3 people feedd and you alone is on a different lvl than everyone else, you will reach a limit were it is impossible to win a game no matter how good u are

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    You do not get 20TP at all tho i am getting tops 17 TP and thats becuz my Division is higher than my Rank so at best you would be getting 10-14tp if your Division is same as your Rank so that would take longer actually and i think its fine i climbed from Bronze 5 to Diamond 5 without skipping with like 400 games
    I find it riddicouls trying to clim in silver whwn gaining 4 tp and lose over 12