Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elo Hell does exsist

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Elo Hell is not real, it's an excuse people use when they can't get out of the rank they belong in. If you're good enough you'll be able to carry yourself out of your bronze/silver placements.

Bad matches happen sure, but Elo Hell is just a fake excuse.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Elo Hell is not real, it's an excuse people use when they can't get out of the rank they belong in. If you're good enough you'll be able to carry yourself out of your bronze/silver placements.

To be completely fair there's always the chance of you having bad luck, being the lowest ELO on your team about 70% of the time, and always being forced to play Support, which can be difficult to Carry from.
    What do I put here now?

Junior Member Cupidhead Nidhoggers's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post

You contradicted yourself here. "Elo hell" is literally just when a player constantly gets bad/unbalanced games. This has been proven over

and over

and over

and over again countless times

Anyone who uses the excuse that it's fake is just being naive IMO or haven't played enough ranked. ELO Hell in Smite is basically games that aren't balanced/one-sided which does exist. You say "some games" although what if some games are over 5+ games for some people daily?

This is RNG. You can't say that someone will climb out of a specific ranking if they're constantly struck by bad luck.

ELO Hell is basically RNG.

--

How do you solve this? Simple, HiRez has even found the solution. Increase the playerbase.. That's why they refuse to make more requirements for ranked. y'all wanna help with bad MM? Invite people, friends, & others.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    More like Elo Hell is when you're not having fun in Ranked primarily due to low ELO matching you up with players more likely to ragequit, leave, or be toxic.

That's what I think anyway XD.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    To be completely fair there's always the chance of you having bad luck, being the lowest ELO on your team about 70% of the time, and always being forced to play Support, which can be difficult to Carry from.
    I was bottom elo and mained support for S1-S3 in ranked. Got to Plat just fine, its not hard. Just play Fafnir, Athena, or Geb as support, qualifying players can't deal with them. Fafnir is virtually the best well-rounded support lategame. Athena's Confound remains as one of the best CC abilities in the game since her introduction. Geb demoralizes players just for being on the field of play.

In Season 1 I played Geb, Sylvanus, and Athena.
    In Season 2 I played Sylvanus, Khepri, and Athena.
    In Season 3 I played Khepri, Athena, and Fafnir.
    In Season 4 I play Osiris, Chaac, and Bellona.

Artio is freelo if she stops being banned 99.99% of the time too.
    Last edited by Goobis; 10-22-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    I think the reason why an ELO hell exists in this game is because the ridiculous amounts of games you have to play just to rank up one subdivision.

its like 5-10 won games just to rank up.

5-10 won games should literally bump you up a division, not a subdivision

But other than that, aslong as you have around a 60% win rate, you should be able to rank up! (Just super slowly)
    Winning 5-10 games just to rank up is normal it should take time to get to Masters like you shouldnt be in Masters with 50 games
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Winning 5-10 games just to rank up is normal it should take time to get to Masters like you shouldnt be in Masters with 50 games
    Ironically some people are in masters at 50 games lolz

But apart from that, 5-10 games is high just for one subdivision.

Out of all the ranked competitive games I have played, SMITE takes the most amount of time.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Ironically some people are in masters at 50 games lolz
    Thats my point i have seen them myself like you already can climb too fast in Smite Ranked and they should slow it down way slower and the first way to do that would be not allow getting placed higher than Gold V from Qualifiers

Out of all the ranked competitive games I have played, SMITE takes the most amount of time.

Dunno wich Smite you are talking about but the Smite i know you can climb extremely fast
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thats my point i have seen them myself like you already can climb too fast in Smite Ranked and they should slow it down way slower and the first way to do that would be not allow getting placed higher than Gold V from Qualifiers
    high skill players take less time to climb while lower skill (average level) players take way longer.

Bullshit if you ask me.

Dunno wich Smite you are talking about but the Smite i know you can climb extremely fast
    You get around 20 something TP per game and you need 100 for rankup.

That means 5 victories in a row to get a rank up.

Each conquest game takes around 40 minutes to complete, thats around 200 minutes or roughly 3 hours

3 hours just for 1 subdivision.

Now since there are 5 sub divisions within each division, it takes 15 hours of complete victory just to go from Silver V to Gold V

But thats in a perfect world, you said that you had a 75% win rate (Very very high; I know you are a skiled player and are diamond level but not everyone here is a diamond level player playing in silver).

Using 75% as a baseline percent.

currently we need 25 perfect win matches in order to rank up. Using your percent, we would get that 8 of those matches are losses

Thats 33 * 40 minutes = 1320 minutes or 22 hours.

22 hours with a ludicrously high win rate just to get through one division
    Last edited by Charmander787; 10-22-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    high skill players take less time to climb while lower skill (average level) players take way longer.

Bullshit if you ask me.

You get around 20 something TP per game and you need 100 for rankup.

That means 5 victories in a row to get a rank up.

Each conquest game takes around 40 minutes to complete, thats around 200 minutes or roughly 3 hours

3 hours just for 1 subdivision.

Now since there are 5 sub divisions within each division, it takes 15 hours of complete victory just to go from Silver V to Gold V

Thats complete bullshit.
    You do not get 20TP at all tho i am getting tops 17 TP and thats becuz my Division is higher than my Rank so at best you would be getting 10-14tp if your Division is same as your Rank so that would take longer actually and i think its fine i climbed from Bronze 5 to Diamond 5 without skipping with like 400 games