Thread: Erebus, Primeval God of Darkness

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Erebus, Primeval God of Darkness

EREBUS, PRIMEVAL GOD OF DARKNESS

Erebus is the god of darkness, and is one of the first gods born from Chaos. In SMITE, he is a greek assassin that is built around jungling effectively and being super slippery.

He is depicted somewhat like this:

(this is not my art, and i do not take credit for it)

Difficulty: Easy
    Attack Progression: 1x/.7x/.5x/1x

Passive - Shadow Shield

Whenever Erebus becomes hit by hard crowd control, he becomes wrapped in shadows, granting him CC immunity for 1 second and a burst of movement speed. This can only occur every 60 seconds.

Movement speed: 40%
    MS duration: 1 second

Ability 1 - Dark Slash

Erebus sweeps in front of him with his sword, dealing damage in a wide cone to enemies hit. If he hits a jungle monster or enemy god, the cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds.

Damage: 50/85/120/155/190 (75% of physical power)
    Mana cost: 35/40/45/50/55
    Cooldown: 8 seconds

Ability 2 - Fear the Shadows

Erebus throws out a line of shadow energy, stopping on the first god hit and dealing damage to them, creating a tether. If he remains tethered to that god for 2 seconds, it deals extra damage and fears the enemy hit away from Erebus.

Initial damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (40% of physical power)
    Extra damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (50% of physical power)
    Fear duration: .5/.9/1.3/1.7/2.1 seconds
    Mana cost: 70
    Cooldown: 18 seconds

Ability 3 - Step Into the Void

Erebus becomes a living shadow, gaining movement speed and the ability to go through walls for a duration. He is untargetable while inside a wall, but if the duration runs out he will be forced out of the wall to the nearest area. After exiting a wall, his next ability or basic attack will deal extra damage. This can only occur once in one ability cast.

Duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds
    Movement speed: 10/15/20/25/30%
    Extra damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (15% of physical power)
    Mana cost: 75
    Cooldown: 22/21/20/19/18 seconds

Ultimate - Judgement of Darkness

After a .5 second channel, Erebus decimates all nearby enemies, dealing massive damage and executing all enemies below a certain threshold. Afterward, he becomes untargetable and immobile, and chooses a target area within a large distance to teleport away to (like Ao Kuang ult, but without damage on landing.). He may only cast this ability if there are enemy gods in range, and it can be canceled during the channel.

Damage: 150/250/350/450/550 (80% of physical power)
    Execute threshold: Below 20/25/30/35/40% health
    Mana cost: 90
    Cooldown: 120/115/110/105/100 seconds

-=COMBOS=-

Note: Erebus is very good at dealing large amounts of up-front damage, but after he uses his abilities, he doesn't have too much escapes besides his ultimate. So, keep in mind that most of his combos will involve going in, dealing damage, and getting out.

First Combo: This one would be mainly used in Conquest, where ganking is important, but could be used in Siege or Clash. Using your 3 allows you very creative ganking paths, but it has quite a long cooldown early on, so use t effectively. After using your 3 , gank the lane through any walls and throw out your 2. If it lands, it will deal extra damage, and if they throw any hard CC at you, you have your passive to prevent that. After your 2 fears the enemy (and while you are still tethered), you can throw out your 1 a lot due to its low cooldown. To finish the enemy off, you can ulti for the execute. Even if it doesn't execute them, you can use the teleport after to keep up with them to kill them.

Second Combo: This one is mainly for gamemodes other than Conquest where you will be fighting constantly, like Arena or Assault. First, throw your 2 at someone. If it lands, use your 3 for the movement speed to keep up with them so they don't break the tether, all the while spamming your 1. If you have Hydra's Lament, throw in a few basic attacks to proc it. Afterward, if this didn't kill them, your ulti probably will, which also allows you an escape.

-=ITEM IDEAS=-

Being a ability-based assassin, you will want to build items that allows your basic attacks to augment your abilities.

Starter item choices can be Bumba's Mask if you want to stay in the jungle more, or Rangda's Mask if you want to be a more aggressive jungler.

Your main build should be along these lines:

Warrior Tabi
    Heartseeker
    Hydra's Lament
    Jotunn's Wrath
    The Crusher
    Bloodforge

You can replace Heartseeker or Bloodforge with Mail of Renewal if you want to be more tanky and have more cooldown reduction.

Hope you like this concept!
    Last edited by lordofsumples; 01-10-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    Crabs are the best animal.

If you say otherwise, then you are a fool.

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Never fear, feedback is here.

P: I like the MS boost addition, like a reflex of "hey get away."
    1: well balanced, should be very nice for jungle clear/late game main-damage spamming.
    2: Range? Like are we talking Osiris wraps or NeZha ribbon? I will say I find Fear as the choice of CC as interesting, but fitting. Personally would have made harder CC cuz lacking in lockdown, like 1s stun. But I'm just boring that way.
    3: Love the special wall interaction! This is the kinda stuff in kits that I stick around here to see. And while that's gonna be hella nice late game, 23s is a bit long for all ranks. Its the closest thing he has to an escape early. I'd say at least scale down like 22/21/20/19/18s, if not make 19s all ranks.
    4: Range again is important to note on this one. Executes are extremely powerful, which is why Than's targeter is so small and Ao only can select one. So while I do appreciate the cooldown you've applied and the back up damage, I'd recommend this be specified at no absolutely no larger than 20 unit radius. I know this may seem a wierd thing to pick on, but I've seen people try to get away with Vulcan-ult-sized 70%-threshold executes.

Overall: Extremely well thought out god concept, the combos and build make sense, kit has good synergy. Even though it's a burst ability assassin, he still has a lot of uniqueness to him. No real recommended changes, just the clarifications of things you probably already assumed. Bringin' it again with the gods, man. A+
    Best of luck in the challenge!

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

New Member Cupidhead Oxydentical's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Love the idea tho first thing came into my mind after reading this.

From the formless void's gaping maw, there springs an entity. Not an entity such as any you can conceive of, nor I; an entity more primordial than the elements themselves, yet constantly coming into existence even as it is destroyed. It is the Child of Chaos, the Pathway to the Next.

The darkness shall swallow the land, and in its wake there will follow a storm, as the appetite of nothing expands over the world.

From the formless void's gaping maw, there springs an entity.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    To Oxydentical, that's really deep.
    To Epibrutemetheos, I will add scaling to his 3, and just to clarify, the range is very short, like around 20 units like you said.
    Crabs are the best animal.

If you say otherwise, then you are a fool.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    That Ultimate is so broken. It executes all enemies in range that's not something that is in any way balanced, even with thanatos you have to aim it, but with him he just has to walk up to them and ult, ontop of that it does so much damage, honestly id suggest if you are going to keep the hit all nearby enemies, then lower the execution to 20% and the damage to 100/125/150/175/200(+100% physical power). And the kit seems like it would work better on a warrior than an assassin.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.