Thread: Yara-ma-yha-who, Scourge of the Outback

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Yara-ma-yha-who, Scourge of the Outback

Yara-ma-yha-who
    Scourge of the Outback

The Australian vampire! even though he's more of a boogeyman than a vampire... or maybe a goblin of sorts... or just a plain red monster. the point is he sucks blood, and he does it via his fingers. he's this little red creature that likes to ambush people when they're resting under a fig tree. then he sucks their blood and as he continues to do that, they become smaller and redder, until eventually they turn into a Yara-ma-yha-who themselves. but it doesn't matter how many duplicates there are... nothing beats the original!

I do not own this image. All credit goes to the creator

Pantheon: Aboriginal
    Type: melee, physical
    Role: assassin
    Pros: high single target damage, high sustain
    Weapon: his claws covered in blood-sucking suckers

Stats:

Health: 549 (+75)
    Mana: 259 (+40)
    Speed: 375
    Attack range: 12
    Attack speed: 1.00 (+2%)
    Power: 39 (+2.3)
    Progression: 0.5/0.5/1 damage and swing time
    Physical protection: 18 (+3)
    Magical protection: 31 (+0.9)
    Hp5: 9.7 (+0.7)
    Mp5: 4.8 (+0.4)

Passive:
    Unquenchable thirst – Yara-ma-yha-who gets increased damage equal to 25% of his lifesteal.

Ability 1:

Vicious bloodlust – Yara-ma-yha-who gains 20% lifesteal and increased attack speed for the next 3 seconds. The first basic attack after the duration ends slows the target and deals bonus damage equal to 80% of the lifesteal gained from the duration.
    ~~~~~
    Attack speed: 20%/30%/40%/50%/60%
    Slow: 30%
    Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
    Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s

Ability 2:

Fig tree drop – Yara-ma-yha-who leaps to a target location, dealing damage to all enemies in the area. if the ability is activated from an area where Yara-ma-yha-who is not revealed to the enemy and he successfully hit an enemy god with it, then the cooldown is reduced to 3 seconds.
    ~~~~~
    range: 50
    radius: 15
    damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+75% of physical power)
    Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
    Cooldown: 12s

Ability 3:

Play dead – Yara-ma-yha-who pretends to be dead, turning invisible and cannot be revealed by any means except true sight and enemy gods that come into contact with him. While in this state, he cannot move and he can remain in this state indefinitely. If an enemy god comes within range, he can deliver an attack. Attacks on the back deal 15% increased damage. Successful attacks refund 35% of mana expended while in this state. If the ability is cancelled early, than 3 seconds are refunded from the cooldown.
    ~~~~~
    Range: 20
    damage: 90/150/210/270/330 (+50% of physical power)
    Cost: 3/6/9/12/15 every second
    Cooldown: 18s

Ultimate:

One too many – Yara-ma-yha-who swallow a target enemy god. Once he does, they are banished for 3 seconds and take damage over the duration based on the amount of charges. Once the duration is over, Yara-ma-yha-who spits them out, and the enemy comes out redder and smaller with reduced power per charge.
    If Yara-ma-yha-who successfully kills a target with the ability, then upon spitting them out, the target will become a Yara-ma-yha-who itself, aiding Yara-ma-yha-who and his allies in battle. The clone has 20% plus 10% per charge of all of Yara-ma-yha-who's stats.
    While swallowing an enemy, Yara-ma-yha-who cannot perform any actions other than moving (although he can cancel the ability early) and activation of the ability expends all stacks.
    ~~~~~
    Range: 20
    Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+40% of physical power) per charge
    Swallow duration: 3 seconds
    Yara-ma-yha-who clone/debuff duration: 5 seconds
    Yara-ma-yha-who clone damage per hit: 55/65/75/85/95 (+10 per charge)
    power reduction per charge: 10
    Max charges: 3
    Cost: 100 mana
    Cooldown: 25s per charge

Notes:
    1. The stats and output of the abilities are always subject to change, depending on whether the character is too strong or too weak.
    2. To exemplify the passive: let's say you have 200 power and 60% lifesteal. That means that the passive will give you 15% increased damage, which will result in you have 230 power.

Creative Insight:
    first of all, as a prerequisite, I want to say that all of the concepts that I create are based on unique characters rather than a species of mythological creatures. however, from what information I could find on Yara-ma-yha-who, there was no indication that implied that it was part of a species, so it's safe to assume that the Yara-ma-yha-who is a character of itself. however, it is mentioned in his lore that he can create new Yara-ma-yha-whos out of his victims, but it's implied that these were duplicates of the original Yara-ma-ya-who. in other words, there was originally only one and all the rest are imitators that came from him. so based on this information, I truly believe that the Yara-ma-yha-who is a unique character. if anyone has any info that can prove this otherwise, feel free to share it.
    So the Yara-ma-who is supposed to this vampiric goblin sort of creature. he likes to suck blood and stuff. it's more than right to say that there isn't much going for him... but there's enough to make a character out of him. he likes to drink blood, he ambushes people from atop fig trees and best of all, turns his victims into clones of himself once he's done feasting on them. the vampiric qualities and the propensity for ambushing, among the other things, seem to go towards the assassin playstyle when look at it from a gameplay perspective.
    more so, it should be noted that this concept was created for the bimestrial contest, where one of the themes was a god with a lifesteal skill. with that in mind, I started looking for possible candidates that would fit the criteria perfectly. so I thought things like "what is lifesteal? what do you think of when you hear lifesteal". how about blood! because the idea of lifesteal seems to be associated with blood (seriously... just ask Kali and Camazotz). and so I remembered that I read once about this aboriginal creature that sucks the blood from his victims, kind of like a vampire, so I thought "why not make a concept about him? he seems perfect for it (or almost at least... whatever)!
    so that's pretty much it. you got the contest, lifesteal, blood, a bunch of assassin-y stuff, and the power to create clones of yourself out of your victims. all this lead to the creation of the Yara-ma-yha-who. the concept, that is. not the actual creature...
    Last edited by Razrtongue; 10-30-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Changes:
    |||||
    1:
    changed the bonus damage you get after the duration ends from 65/70/75/80/85% to 80% at all ranks
    |||||
    2:
    the cooldown no longer refreshes if you meet the special conditions. instead, it now reduces it to 3 seconds.
    |||||
    ultimate:
    now, you longer need to have 3 stacks to clone yourself when you kill the target.
    changed the clones stats from 45% of Yara-ma-yha-who's stats to 20% plus 10% per charge
    changed the clone's damage from 70/80/90/100/110/120 to 55/65/75/85/95 plus 10 per charge.
    |||||
    added creative insight.
    as usual, feedback is always appreciated.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)