Thread: How to through He Bo Early game?

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points

How to through He Bo Early game?

I have He bo rank V now and I still struggle with his early game I just suffer so much its such an unpleasent experience no matter what I do even when I get ahead early its stilll unpleasent so my question is

How do I play He Bo early? what do I do if I'm being focused? (which is almost always when I play He Bo)

I'm always torn between buying a starter item or rushing book of Thoth I'm trying to hurry through the early game as quick as possible typically my problem is my team usually wants to be very agressive early and I want to as well but I'm very limited

I typically run out of mana I tell my team to retreat and that I can't help or I'm too hurt to engage again this leads to a lot of arguing and blaming one another I try not to be so passive when playing He Bo but this usually ends up wiht me being killed first

is warlock sash better than book how should I position are closed spaces best or should I stay out in the open

My build goes:
    Blue Boots, Book of Thoth, Bencrofts talon, Obsidian, Soul reaver, and rod Rod of Tahuti

I love He Bo he's fun to play but I need tips
    "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you could land among the stars."

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 2,854
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Swap out the Soul Reaver for a Chronos Pendant and consider going Magi Shoes instead of Focus Shoes.

Group the minions up early on with a few auto attacks before bursting it down.

Try to conserve your mana when possible, only using it when needed.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I rush book also but I always get sands on him cuz I know I'm gonna be using alot of the 1. im split as far as t1 book vs bumbas. for me early game is just poke the ever living fuck out the other mid and jung when I can. with the low CD on the 1 I take camps often too. I think poking the enemy mid often is usually the key to success, either he's getting lots of pots or backing often either way it's a win.

I play him very mana intensive cuz I'm poking, and using the carpet alot. I use his ulty on cool down not just to secure kills.

I start water cannon the 3 sec cooldown allows u to use it sumtimes 3 times before their ability is back up, meaning excessive lane clear. remember kill the archers if they r dead u can basically atk the enemy without worry abt the wave owning you. and if u can sneak around and hit them once or twice with cannon before the waves meet even better.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Replace Bancroft's with book of the dead, the health shield helps a lot for survivability.

If your opponents aren't building defense, or if only their front liner builds magic defense and another team mate handles them easily: replace obsidian shard with spear of desolation

Replace soul reaver with chronos pendant, he has enough damage already and the CDR will give you access to your 2 more often to help you get around and keep you alive.

If you follow advice and take either chronos pendant or spear of desolation, replace focus boots with pen boots.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I don't play he bo conq but I watched some pro streams when he was played. And one really crucial aspect IMO is to level his 2 to at least lv 2 by level 7 or so. Yes you loose out dmg but that extra slow and extra ms is what actually makes you escape and put the enemy in a worse situation, it makes it easier to land your 1 and 3, it also buffs your team mates initiation potential and their probability of escaping. So don't get greedy for damage and level your 2 a bit as well.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead SinMaster5's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Hello, He bo has unlimited damage, that's for sure.
    I build on him --> Warlock's sash/Shoes of the magi
    Shoes of the magi/Warlock's sash (I would build magi on conq so I can have a greater chance to escape. It's pretty dangerous with him on conqeust tho)
    Bancroft
    Book of the dead
    Obsidian shard
    Rod of tahuti
    You should probably go for Soul stone as starter in conquest for the mana.
    I build Warlock's sash for the great amount of Hp. Survability is great on He bo since he has a lot of damage.
    Bancroft is for that little amount of healing and helps book of the dead with the shield.
    Obsidian of course is for the penetration and Tahuti is.. because he's a mage you know.
    Rawr

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    That has 0 CDR, I know his 1 has a short cooldown but everything else really benefits from CDR. Honestly even his 1 gets a nice benefit as your vulnerability window decreases.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That has 0 CDR, I know his 1 has a short cooldown but everything else really benefits from CDR. Honestly even his 1 gets a nice benefit as your vulnerability window decreases.
    His first ability has 3 seconds cd.
    20% of 3 seconds, very useful..
    He won't need any cdr, just because he's mage it doesn't mean he needs cdr.
    I played with that build more than enough and I never had any problem.
    You can just build Chronos instead of Obsidian if there's no tank or you just don't care about the tanks since you deal already enourmous damage.
    Rawr

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SinMaster5 View Post
    His first ability has 3 seconds cd.
    20% of 3 seconds, very useful..
    He won't need any cdr, just because he's mage it doesn't mean he needs cdr.
    I played with that build more than enough and I never had any problem.
    You can just build Chronos instead of Obsidian if there's no tank or you just don't care about the tanks since you deal already enourmous damage.
    You may not have had problems, especially with a good team backing you up, but you do have much larger vulnerability windows. You just attack someone? Any enemy has a good chance to solo you now with those cool downs.

His 3 especially makes him dangerous so CDR helps with that, but his 2 is the main reason to build it. At 40%, when 1 scroll fades he's already got another ready to roll out. This helps his survivability a lot, and not just his either but his team's as it doesn't just increase speed but also applies slow immunity. Idk about you, but slows tend to get me killed more than any other CC(aside from chain stuns but I mean c'mon, if you chain CC of course it'll be too much)

Besides, it also means more ults. He's got one of the best ults. Makes him CC immune, as far as I can tell untargetable(never tried to see if zues can hit him during his ult, if not that'd mean damage immune but I'm assuming it is only untargetable), deals decent damage and travels a good distance. If you DO find yourself in a bad position it can be what gets you out alive and maybe even turn the tables on your opponents.

All you are really doing with that build is giving yourself some extra time with warlocks buffing your Book of the Dead health shield. That is all well and good if your opponent only attacks with rotations(like other mages and a few assassins) but anyone coming at you with sustained damage isn't going to care that you last a tad longer than normal. As long as they catch you while your stuff is on cool down, they'll take you out in the time limit.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    You may not have had problems, especially with a good team backing you up, but you do have much larger vulnerability windows. You just attack someone? Any enemy has a good chance to solo you now with those cool downs.

His 3 especially makes him dangerous so CDR helps with that, but his 2 is the main reason to build it. At 40%, when 1 scroll fades he's already got another ready to roll out. This helps his survivability a lot, and not just his either but his team's as it doesn't just increase speed but also applies slow immunity. Idk about you, but slows tend to get me killed more than any other CC(aside from chain stuns but I mean c'mon, if you chain CC of course it'll be too much)

Besides, it also means more ults. He's got one of the best ults. Makes him CC immune, as far as I can tell untargetable(never tried to see if zues can hit him during his ult, if not that'd mean damage immune but I'm assuming it is only untargetable), deals decent damage and travels a good distance. If you DO find yourself in a bad position it can be what gets you out alive and maybe even turn the tables on your opponents.

All you are really doing with that build is giving yourself some extra time with warlocks buffing your Book of the Dead health shield. That is all well and good if your opponent only attacks with rotations(like other mages and a few assassins) but anyone coming at you with sustained damage isn't going to care that you last a tad longer than normal. As long as they catch you while your stuff is on cool down, they'll take you out in the time limit.
    I think this is the first time I give up on countering someone's build.
    The thing you said is true, can't allow myself to lie.
    Even though i'm doing all good with my build so I'll stick to it. Usually I take Chrono's pendant only if I don't take obsidian as said before.
    Rawr