Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thorns are retarded

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Thorns are retarded

Isn't it fun to play any hunter with any build and get cheesed by 2 or 3 sets of Thorns?Lifesteal is useless to the max.And you just kill yourself.Legit warriors or supports or even tanky built assassins can get this stupid relic and make you kill yourself.Or just be a mage and use 2 abilities or 1 ultimate lategame and kill yourself completely.If you have a deploayable area ability like KKK's Tornado or Hou Yi's ult you just get to die every single time for such a stupid reason.Makes fully tank built characters do more damage than the carries...Also 8 seconds of not being able to attack a person?WTF HIREZ?AEGIS IS 2 SECONDS AND DOESNT MAKE YOU KILL YOURSELF ATLEAST.

Solution?
    A)Make it 40% return with 25% lifesteal reduction and 6 seconds
    B)Reduce duration to 5 seconds and start from 3
    C)Remove this crap and give warriors a decent way to be relevant

Actually dumb to win a 1v1 fight with a full dmg carry or mage or even an AA assassin like Mercury.
    If you argue with this thread you're a person that likes to be relevant in a fight by pressing a single button and jumping around whereever the damage is dealt.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Thorns are fine. Hunters do too much damage to tanks imo.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,987
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Thorns is one of the very few things in this game right now that are keeping Hunters from destroying anything that moves. They could make it only affect auto-attacks so Mages don't get hampered by it so hard but otherwise no, Thorns needs to stay.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Thorns is one of the very few things in this game right now that are keeping Hunters from destroying anything that moves. They could make it only affect auto-attacks so Mages don't get hampered by it so hard but otherwise no, Thorns needs to stay.
    they need it to affect mages too cuz mages can also burst tanks really fast.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    they need it to affect mages too cuz mages can also burst tanks really fast.
    Nah, Beside He-Bo there is no mage with 3 sec cooldown, in 1 vs 1 scenario tank with proper build(Void Stone, pen boots etc) should beat mage everytime. While Hunters just spamming AA every 0,5 sec with average damage 400 per hit...

Thorns must exist to somehow counter AA monsters.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Nah, Beside He-Bo there is no mage with 3 sec cooldown, in 1 vs 1 scenario tank with proper build(Void Stone, pen boots etc) should beat mage everytime.
    Mages like Freya/Sol/Chronos can easily delete tanks in boxing match becuz they have strong basic attacks also i have played enough 1v1 scenario with Mages against tanks in Duel Ranked ( not counting Sol/Freya/Chronos) to know that its not one sided at all but it depends how good both of them are at their god they are playing
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 10-18-2017 at 04:45 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Nah, Beside He-Bo there is no mage with 3 sec cooldown, in 1 vs 1 scenario tank with proper build(Void Stone, pen boots etc) should beat mage everytime. While Hunters just spamming AA every 0,5 sec with average damage 400 per hit...

Thorns must exist to somehow counter AA monsters.
    -cough-

1-poly-2 does 60% of a full tank's HP lategame.

Then I leap away, you chase me, and I kill you.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Mages like Freya/Sol/Chronos can easily delete tanks in boxing match becuz they have strong basic attacks also i have played enough 1v1 scenario with Mages against tanks in Duel Ranked ( not counting Sol/Freya/Chronos) to know that its not one sided at all but it depends how good both of them are at their god they are playing
    By mages I mean normal mages not assassin or adc type. Duel situations arent proof, here even Sylvanus full AA can win game against OP god.

-cough-

1-poly-2 does 60% of a full tank's HP lategame.

Then I leap away, you chase me, and I kill you.
    1) Ares with Void Stone and spear of magus destroying late game Scylla or any other mage almost only with chains(considering that you dont build Warlock).
    2) Kumbha with Void Stone, pen boots, Soul Reaver deal 1k+ with only his ult.
    3) Sobek with 2+3+4 deal around 1,8k(its harder to confirm ult but its not impossible, especially on mages without escape).
    4) Cabrakan, Ymir obviously - beads or die.
    5) Fafnir can easily outdamage most of mages(by his constant AA, being way more tanky in the process.

Some warriors can do it as well, while mages are supposed to kill squishy targets for combo, in this same time they are pretty much useless when skills are on cooldown.

I personally very rarely had problem as guardian vs mage, its like "ok I take damage from his/her combo and then I just kill him/her".
    Situation is drastically changed when I must fight against ADC who hit like truck every 0,5 sec, being more tanky and heal himself as well.
    Last edited by ZetoPL; 10-18-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    By mages I mean normal mages not assassin or adc type. Duel situations arent proof
    You are talking about 1v1 situations but Duel situations arent proof where its 1v1?

I personally very rarely had problem as guardian vs mage
    Same but in my case as Mage vs Guardian
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 10-18-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    You are talking about 1v1 situations but Duel situations arent proof where its 1v1?

Same only the opposite
    1) 1 vs 1 on Conquest, yes fights there arent always 5 vs 5 otherwise it would be pure Arena. I cant count how many times I ganked midlaner as Ares/Sobek and 100-0 him, same with late game.

2) You dont have problems cause you playing Duel which consider also clearing wave and camps dont mention that Guardians tower and fg(dont know his name on joust) shred is just bad. And if you talking about Conquest then of course you dont have problem as well, ppl build like 5 defence items and ends up with 0 damage, nobody build bruiser there so why would anyone be afraid of them.