Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparing Level 1-3 Mage Clears

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    ummm do we not use portal on the melee creeps with janus ? =/
    It counts as an escape.

From what I've heard on these forums most good Janus players prefer to save their portal for emergencies.

If you added Janus portal to the equation he definitely shoots up several spots.

----

Conclusions-

Poor Sol. Her clear is dead shit, and she'd be completely unviable in the clear department if not for her autos (with attackspeed from passive) and potential tower push earlygame.

Ofc if she's alone in lane for a moment she can safely go up to the melees and use her 1 on them, improving her clear to be at least above Nox and Scylla.

Also, poor Scylla. After level 1, where she performs pretty decently at #12, she drops to #22, and then to #23 at level 4.

See guys I told you! Her early game is one of the worst in the entire game. Also, this proves Janus's clear even without his 1 is in most cases superior. (a little harder to hit, but honestly missing a minion or three with Crush is frustratingly easy to do when you're being harassed in lane at the same time)

----

Zeus gets top tier because AoE autos are strong. In reality he's lower as it can be difficult to land direct hits on the shield, and you don't usually detonate the wave, I think.

Hades is naturally Top Dog because of his broken-ass 3 which is balanced only by him needing to be in melee range (so it's difficult against enemy gods, but easy against minions because though you take poke you heal a ton too).

Also, Raijin's consistently in the top 8 at all 3 levels. And his lategame is almost if not as good as Scylla.

Um...balance, anyone????

Skill Level: COG Scylla makes me do good.
    Level: 109/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Member Follower
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Zeus clear is dependent on the minion wave not moving though. His clear is easily ruined if him or his opponent get minion agro. The easiest way to ruin him early is to make that happen. These numbers are very situational at best sadly

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Zeus clear is dependent on the minion wave not moving though. His clear is easily ruined if him or his opponent get minion agro. The easiest way to ruin him early is to make that happen. These numbers are very situational at best sadly
    True, true.

Scylla and Nox are also fucked if they miss a few minions due to the minions moving.

Poseidon at least can pull them into the center.

Kukulkan still does damage even if they leave.

Etc.

But most gods are affected by minions moving, so the point imo is moot.

This is a comparison of their clear damage in ideal circumstances.

And honestly no matter which way you take it, Nox, Scylla, and Sol's clear all suck ass.

----

About the DpM stat, it isn't that important since the highest ranking Gods on that list tend to use (or are forced to use) only one ability to clear.

But they technically ARE the most mana efficient, which is a minor plus.

Only minor, cuz if you can't clear the wave, that saved mana won't keep you from losing gold and HP to tower/minions.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    True, true.

Scylla and Nox are also fucked if they miss a few minions due to the minions moving.

Poseidon at least can pull them into the center.

Kukulkan still does damage even if they leave.

Etc.

But most gods are affected by minions moving, so the point imo is moot.

This is a comparison of their clear damage in ideal circumstances.

And honestly no matter which way you take it, Nox, Scylla, and Sol's clear all suck ass.

----

About the DpM stat, it isn't that important since the highest ranking Gods on that list tend to use (or are forced to use) only one ability to clear.

But they technically ARE the most mana efficient, which is a minor plus.

Only minor, cuz if you can't clear the wave, that saved mana won't keep you from losing gold and HP to tower/minions.
    Did you take cooldowns into account? Sol's clear isn't bad because usually her 2 isn't down for all that long. At least that's how it feels when using her. I'm not in game currently so idk the cooldown

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Did you take cooldowns into account? Sol's clear isn't bad because usually her 2 isn't down for all that long. At least that's how it feels when using her. I'm not in game currently so idk the cooldown
    It's 10 seconds.

Which is dead-average (Janus is 8, Thoth is 8, if you want full-clearing abilities with lower CDs - I don't think He Bo fullclears with his 1 unless he bunches them up)

Cooldowns don't really matter if they're 10+ seconds. You get 1 shot at clearing the wave, the next time your ability's up, you're in your tower losing gold.

DPS wise though, I can tell you right now, Sol, Nox and Scylla are still dead bottom, Janus is slightly higher, Kuku slightly lower, Zeus a little lower, He Bo a lot higher, Thoth a little higher.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Poor Sol. Her clear is dead shit
    It's even worse when you get that annoying thing where a target that doesn't move from the direct hit from Stellar Burst doesn't get hit by the secondary wave so you're left with 1 minion with like 80% health left...

Also, where'd you get the numbers for this from? Since, it looks like you've got Fof dealing 10 more damage than he does (105 + 75% from all 3 Heiroglyphic Assault hits, which with 60 power from SS is 150 damage, not 160)

Also, with KKK why not calculate the full 12 ticks? Since, it's not as if the minion waves walk out of the thing...

Finally, Ah Puch level 3 confirmed dankest wave clear:
    4) Ah Puch (420)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

HiRez Staff Senior Cupidhead MLCst3alth's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Important to note: Zeus has the best clear in the game on paper. His damage numbers are the highest. But I personally think he's one of the worst gods at laning. It's far too easy for the enemy to disrupt Zeus's lane clear. Just get hit by one thing of Zeus damage and then the wave is all messed up and now Zeus can't clear. Zeus also doesn't clear waves very well when the wave is running at him. Poor guy.

There are pros and cons to this though. I think Zeus suffers in the lane because I think he's the best team fighting God in Smite. He does a whole lot of damage to people, he just needs a little help in the laning phase.

Also, great job making this list, OP. This must have taken a lot of work to do. It was an interesting read for sure.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It's even worse when you get that annoying thing where a target that doesn't move from the direct hit from Stellar Burst doesn't get hit by the secondary wave so you're left with 1 minion with like 80% health left...

Also, where'd you get the numbers for this from? Since, it looks like you've got Fof dealing 10 more damage than he does (105 + 75% from all 3 Heiroglyphic Assault hits, which with 60 power from SS is 150 damage, not 160)

Also, with KKK why not calculate the full 12 ticks? Since, it's not as if the minion waves walk out of the thing...

Shit, I suck at math.

Fuck now I have to edit a ton of stuff lol.

Also for Kuku it's cuz 10 ticks already takes 5 secs, minions move when you're 2v2ing at level 1 for example, plus if all melees die the other melees move up, or just, yknow, stuff.

10 ticks to be safe, sometimes you may misplace it, etc. Or you place it when they're moving down your lane towards your minions.

Idk I liked 10 as a round number.

Just like I reduced Ra's 3 to only 4 ticks, it's because you won't always have minions obey your orders.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Fixed Fof for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MLCst3alth View Post
    Important to note: Zeus has the best clear in the game on paper. His damage numbers are the highest. But I personally think he's one of the worst gods at laning. It's far too easy for the enemy to disrupt Zeus's lane clear. Just get hit by one thing of Zeus damage and then the wave is all messed up and now Zeus can't clear. Zeus also doesn't clear waves very well when the wave is running at him. Poor guy.

There are pros and cons to this though. I think Zeus suffers in the lane because I think he's the best team fighting God in Smite. He does a whole lot of damage to people, he just needs a little help in the laning phase.

Also, great job making this list, OP. This must have taken a lot of work to do. It was an interesting read for sure.
    I agree MLC, these numbers are just on paper, like I said For Science! *cue geeky music intro*

I feel like Zeus is not the only one whose waveclear can be interrupted though. (well obviously channeled ones like Isis)

It's probably just me but for the life of me I can only ever hit 3 minions at level 1 with Crush in that first 2v2 mid/jungle fight in midlane. The two junglers just screw up the minion targeting and they go all over the place. It's a nightmare tbh.

And then the enemy mid (esp Raijin/Thoth who have easy line clears which are better in this situation) fullclears about 10 seconds before I can.

Lovely.

/endrant.

Took me (counting up to this time) about 2 and a half hours. It was fun though!

Buff Scylla clear pls.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Also for Kuku it's cuz 10 ticks already takes 5 secs
    Technically, it takes 2.5 seconds.

Since the debuff lasts for 2.5 seconds, it means even if they move out, they're gonna be getting those last 5 ticks...

So, the full 12 ticks only needs 3.5 seconds within the fartnado.

I mean, if you consider the fact that the thing only lasts for 4 seconds anyway... xD
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!