View Poll Results: Which are your favorite god concepts?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abellio, God of Apple Trees by inferno18

0 0%
  • Brigid, The Fiery Song-Smith by GameVeteranAzure

1 10.00%
  • Ogmios, The Persuader by Epibrutemetheos

3 30.00%
  • Cailleach, Goddess of Disease by xDopi

0 0%
  • Erebus, Primeval God of Darkness by lordofsumples

0 0%
  • Circe, Goddess of Sorcery by LennyFace787

3 30.00%
  • Bragi, The Poet by Cloudhammer

2 20.00%
  • Tsukuyomi, the Exalted Moon God by SirKeksalot

1 10.00%
  • Morena, The Reaper by Duplicatename

2 20.00%
  • Mut, Mother Goddess of Nurturing by mastka123

4 40.00%
  • Mab, Winter's Queen by GameVeteranAzure

4 40.00%
  • Yara-ma-yha-who, Scourge of the Outback by Razrtongue

1 10.00%
  • Arjuna, Heaven's Archer by Izzako

1 10.00%
  • Pan, God of the Wild by inferno18

0 0%
  • Terminus, the God of Boundaries by hsbsnfi

1 10.00%
  • Momiji, Koji Witch of Togakushi Mountain by thatoneoboegirl

3 30.00%
  • Muramasa, The Smith of Evil Swords by Razrtongue

1 10.00%
  • Yuki-Onna, The Snow Spirit by Epibrutemetheos

2 20.00%
  • Nergal, God of Pestilence by LennyFace787

1 10.00%
  • Ny, The Psychopomp by Duplicatename

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [October - November] God Concept Challenge

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Poll is up. List of voters here: http://forums.smitegame.com/poll.php...do=showresults

The next contest will start in January. I want to spice things up a bit for it, so accepting ideas that can bring in more people. Also, as I can edit your comments, someone can help me maintain the list of concepts.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    as a start, I would to apologize to all those that I have not given a feedback on their concept, although I assure you that I have read all of them. as the host (or at the very least, the suggester. call it whatever you want) of one of the themes, I saw it as my responsibility to feedback on all the concepts and encourage others to feedback on other concepts as well. unfortunately, I didn't have the time for that. I mean, if everyone had time for everything, what a world this woulda been, huh?

that being said, I have voted for 3 concepts from the theme that I suggested that I saw as the best in terms of intricacy, ergonomy and balance. this doesn't mean that all the other concepts are not as good. far from it. I think that every concept is beautiful in its own way. every person has their own style of creativity, with each person expressing their ideas differently. but as the same way that people creating concepts, they also view others' concepts in their own way, expecting from others what they see in themselves. the ones that I chose just attuned with my own syle in a way, as I saw a little bit of myself in them. all this is basically just my way of saying that all concepts are good, even if they don't receive a vote.

nontheless, I encourage people to keep working hard on their concepts and their own style of creativity, as there is always room to become better, even for the greatest of artists.

good luck to everyone!
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    7 voters?

7 fucking voters?

Woulda been 8, but I forgot to look at everyone's entries and decide. That said...god, this forum is fucking dead. I gotta wonder just how worth it this contest is if only 8 people really care. I feel like it would benefit from moving to Reddit or something, or wherever more people are gonna see it and actually participate. It's just stale at this point.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm afraid I have to agree...

I really enjoy seeing all the skins and concepts that are in the forum here, but I think the majority of people here either aren't on often or don't really want to devote time to the challenge. I know that Reddit does indeed have a place for something like this, and perhaps that is what is needed. Then again, I'm not even sure if they have any more viewership there than this forum.

Even though I wasn't here then, it appears that the challenge has had its prime of popularity.Both viewership and participation here have been falling fairly consistently for a while. There have been suggestions for how to revive the hype and popularity here, but maybe it is better to take those actually build elsewhere. Then again, maybe we shouldn't abandon those who actually like it here.

Perhaps if we could find a way to combine the supporters from both forums? Like either keeping the poll placed here, but also posting in Reddit? Or vice versa, with the main contest based in Reddit but still drawing from here?

Dunno. All I know is, I enjoy the community, I enjoy the concepts, and I enjoy the similar interest in this aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Epibrutemetheos; 01-08-2018 at 04:15 PM.

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

Achievements:
    it feels like that with every contest, there just seems to be less and less voters.

Aurasai... buddy... I know you're against this, but if you don't think of some kind of reward to hand out, then by the end of the next contest, there will only be 2 voters. just so you know, I'm only talking about rewarding the voters, not the participants in the contest. because where there is reward there is incentive. I don't mind that there are roughly 20 participants in every contest. it seems like an appropriate number, although it wouldn't hurt to have more.

but yeah seriously... 7 voters!? how the hell did that happen?
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    I wanted to wait a few weeks after the poll has ended to see the feedback, even if I expected some negative feedback regarding the delay of announcing the winner, but it seems people have lost interest for the god concept challenge. Regretfully after 3 and a half years since the first god concept challenge in July 2014, the next one will be postponed indefinitely, as people no longer wish to take part.

If it's for any closure the poll duration will be extended till February, as I don't think it will be fair for me to declare the final winners with only 2 votes on each concept.

If someone wishes to continue the god concept challenge after this, I will support them.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 01-16-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Read all the concepts ( so many bloated kits ;-;, even more than mine were) and I gave in my votes to the ones I liked the most.

I think the main reason people aren't voting much is because not many people even come to this side of the forum(either because they don't know, don't care, or the same person wins too much). And from the looks of it people in the contest aren't voting either(maybe add a rule to make them vote for at least 1 other persons concept and it can't be their own), and maybe speed up the voting times, a lot more people were around when the polls were up for like 2-3 weeks, longer polls are making people lose interest. Also SirKeksalot might be onto something with the move to reddit idea, its a drag to log into forums, scroll down, click god and skin concepts, then this and a lot more people are more active on reddit.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Achievements:
    I still think that some reward should be handed out to all the people that vote. I know it's outside the budget, but like I said, where there is reward there is incentive.
    My Concept Hub

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    I still think that some reward should be handed out to all the people that vote. I know it's outside the budget, but like I said, where there is reward there is incentive.
    Multiple reasons why this isn’t a great idea:
    1)People might make multiple accounts to get the prize (Lots of people used to vote on smurf accounts to win the contest or get ahead of others).

2)This isn’t a popular enough contest/event for Hirez to think putting in an award is a good idea, especially not for people to vote.

3)The original point of this contest was to allow for concept creators to make a concept based on a theme and challenge their creativity and compete against other creators as well as give hirez creators ideas on things that they can add to god kits for both new gods and reworks.

4)If a prize was implemented, it would turn into a contest of “Who has the most smite friends to tell about the reward to get them to vote”

So I can understand why you want the reward but it would change the main point of the contest.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    it might be better to let this go

even if we were able to get the smite reddit in on it, the posts could also be very easily lost in that sea of nonsense

we will still more than likely create god concepts, but the number might drop a little

then again I wasn't super active in it, only participating in a small amount
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack