Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 8 gods and goddesses That People Want to be in Smite

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Party Person

Top 8 gods and goddesses That People Want to be in Smite

Hi guys. So I've read a lot of youtube comments, reddit, twitter and also, this forum as well and there is always that god who keeps appearing on people's comments. Take note, these are not just about threads dedicated to gods people want to be in the game, it's the ones you see in regular comments. That should say a lot because I'm not searching for them, I just stumbled on them when I'm browsing the comment section.

Ok here goes.

8th: Hera - I'm mostly seeing her in "who do you want to be in Smite section". She is a wife of Zeus afterall.

7th: Tawaret - I admit. I'm not familiar with this god and if it were up to me, I'd add Hathor instead but Tawaret mostly appears when discussion is about how Smite makes every female god attractive even when it goes against their lore.*ehem*Bastet*ehem*. Yes, a lot of people were upset about Bastet being sexualize. Anyway, enough of that. One wonders why Tawaret is being brought up and not Hathor. I think it's because Smite can easily sexualize Hathor but not Tawaret.

6th: Fujin - Ok, I'm not being bias here. No really. I keep seeing Fujin in people's comments. We just actually had a thread dedicated to him in this forum a couple of weeks ago. Aside from that, there has been people from youtube who keeps bringing him up. And no, it's not me. He appears more often then Hera and Tawaret but not as much as the gods next on the list.

5th: Jormungandr - most people whom I see bring him up are those who just wants to complete Loki's children. Yes, it would be interesting to see Jormungandr here.

4th: Horus - no need to explain. Horus is one of the most popular gods who is not in Smite. He is mostly paired with Set because well, they're important. Though Set is higher because I see his name more.

3rd: Set - like Horus, he is one of the most important gods to not be in Smite. I wonder what's keeping them from implementing him. I mean god release will be halted sooner or later. The game does not need to have a thousand gods.

2nd: Izanagi - yes Izanagi. His name pops up more often than Horus and Set. Like it or not there are a lot of "weeabos" playing Smite and Izanagi is one of the most important gods in Shinto. Although, I see people mentioning his name mostly without Izanami, some complaints are coming from why Izanami is included but not Izanagi. I surely hope the reason is not because their names sound alike. Unlike "Ares" and "Eris", we can easily distinguish Izanagi and Izanami.

1st: Tsukuyomi - yup. His name comes up the most and I'm not just saying this because I love Shinto. Try looking into god release videos in youtube or twitter. You can mostly see his name there just by browsing through the comment section. Mostly his name comes up from anime fans and it's surprising how big their numbers are.
    To be honest, I believe Smite could attract a huge number of anime fans if they release Tsukuyomi or Izanagi, give them an exciting kit and badass visual design then market them properly.
    Top 10 gods in Smite
    1. Raijin, 2. Hachiman, 3. Sun Wukong,
    4. Susano, 5. Apollo, 6. Hou Yi, 7. Ares,
    8. Rama, 9. Ao Kuang, 10. Sobek

Oh Yeah! Raijin got Buffed Baby!!
    And I am Loving this New god Hachiman!

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    I want Elpis.

That is all.

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Google search paints a different picture. Set/Seth is problematic for obvious reasons, the results for the others should be fairly representative.

#results Google search
    14600000 smite Set
    1860000 smite Seth
    167000 smite Horus
    130000 smite Hera
    87800 smite Jormungandr
    73600 smite Izanagi
    42000 smite Tsukuyomi
    33800 smite Fujin
    16300 smite Taweret

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,334
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SantasLiLHelper View Post
    Google search paints a different picture. Set/Seth is problematic for obvious reasons, the results for the others should be fairly representative.

#results Google search
    14600000 smite Set
    1860000 smite Seth
    167000 smite Horus
    130000 smite Hera
    87800 smite Jormungandr
    73600 smite Izanagi
    42000 smite Tsukuyomi
    33800 smite Fujin
    16300 smite Taweret
    Sometimes the smallest is actually the biggest

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Party Person

#results Google search
    14600000 smite Set
    1860000 smite Seth
    167000 smite Horus
    130000 smite Hera
    87800 smite Jormungandr
    73600 smite Izanagi
    42000 smite Tsukuyomi
    33800 smite Fujin
    16300 smite Taweret
    Well they could be the top 8. Also, google searches is not that accurate. What if several people mentioned Set 5 times in one post?
    Last edited by LiamX; 10-12-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Top 10 gods in Smite
    1. Raijin, 2. Hachiman, 3. Sun Wukong,
    4. Susano, 5. Apollo, 6. Hou Yi, 7. Ares,
    8. Rama, 9. Ao Kuang, 10. Sobek

Oh Yeah! Raijin got Buffed Baby!!
    And I am Loving this New god Hachiman!

Achievements:
    Well, "Set" is of course tricky since it is a regular English word, while Seth is a name that is still in use. So a lot of irrelevant hits are to be expected.

For the other gods, not so much. BTW there are gods, like Shiva (190000 hits) that score at least as high as any in your top 8 (excluding the problematic Set). Regarding multiple occurrences of a name in a single page/post: will not show up as multiple hits in the Google search.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Well, "Set" is of course tricky since it is a regular English word, while Seth is a name that is still in use. So a lot of irrelevant hits are to be expected.

For the other gods, not so much. BTW there are gods, like Shiva (190000 hits) that score at least as high as any in your top 8 (excluding the problematic Set). Regarding multiple occurrences of a name in a single page/post: will not show up as multiple hits in the Google search.
    The only problem with Shiva is that depending on how you're typing it in, it might also show up in Google thanks to Final Fantasy, with Shiva being a very mainstay reoccurring summon spell throughout the franchise.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Elpis and Charbydis, all others can wait hehe.

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    The only problem with Shiva is that depending on how you're typing it in, it might also show up in Google thanks to Final Fantasy, with Shiva being a very mainstay reoccurring summon spell throughout the franchise.
    Searching "Smite Shiva" (which I did) instead of just Shiva alleviates some of that; of course you also get hits related to e.g. Ravana since Shiva is part of his lore. By no means is this a very accurate measure, but it indicates in broad strokes which gods are mentioned a lot in the context of Smite on the internet.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Just waiting on Scathach, Karna, and Arjuna