Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help! I have problems, and also Scylla ADC is best ADC. (but that's not my problem)

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Try to update Nvidia drivers

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nejcn View Post
    With lowest graphic settings also lags?
    Not quite as bad but still pretty unplayable. Instead of going from 100-110 down to 15 and back, I go from 140-150 down to 20-30 and back. The difference is still extremely jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Syelle View Post
    Try playing another game. If that has FPS issues too, then the problem lies with your PC.

If it's just Smite, try re-installing it.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct solution. I'm not a computer savvy.
    Will try, thanks and np.

Quote Originally Posted by SantasLiLHelper View Post
    Did the problem start after patch 4.19 went live, or already before that? Don't claim to have a solution, but have noticed strange things between patches. Used to have random white screen GPU crashes only with Smite, which completely disappeared a couple of patches ago.
    The patch was when again? I played fine on Oct 10th. Played again Oct 11-12th and had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    You can also check how much processor/memory game use(it may be 100% in moments) by CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and change tab to graphs(dont remember actual tab name, Im on Chrome Base now) then launch game with bots, and minimize game during heavy fps drops to check it.

If is 100% then point 2 of my latest post, if not then I cant help you more without seeing it.
    Will do, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Try to update Nvidia drivers
    Already installed latest.

---

Ok so I'm first gonna restart, then test, then check like BnS, then do the CTRLShiftEsc thingy, then reinstall Smite. Wish me luck.

----

Update - immediately after Restarting my computer temps were 87/67/87/87...

Then drop down to 50ish. Then went back to 80 when opening Chrome, and dropping again to 50 soon after.

So idk does that mean my stuff is overheating?
    Last edited by Lyralis; 10-12-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Okay.

After I restarted my computer everything's suddenly fine again lol.

Also my fan is loud AF but that's normal (for my computer according to reviews n stuff)...can't believe I missed the fact that when I posted this my fan was completely silent.

So I think the other restart screwed my fan or it kept it from working in some way, so when my comp got to 80 C the fps died so it could cool off on its own.

And now my fan's super loud again but no FPS issues. Yay!

(ty for all the help xD)

Member Follower
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Sounds like it's overheating to me. If your fan is super loud then it's having trouble keeping something cool. Drop in fps could mean it's clocking down to cool off. It might have started happening now because it's got sufficiently blocked, or perhaps because the room temp has changed for some reason (e.g. heating going on).

Anyway if that's the case you need to clean the heatsync as it's probably blocked up with fluff.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    Sounds like it's overheating to me. If your fan is super loud then it's having trouble keeping something cool. Drop in fps could mean it's clocking down to cool off. It might have started happening now because it's got sufficiently blocked, or perhaps because the room temp has changed for some reason (e.g. heating going on).

Anyway if that's the case you need to clean the heatsync as it's probably blocked up with fluff.
    Well actually for as long as I've used this computer (brand new in very late August) it's had fan problems where the fan would be super loud even at 50-60 C.

And that's normal for this model according to what my dad found.

(I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming)

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    Sounds like it's overheating to me. If your fan is super loud then it's having trouble keeping something cool.
    its super loud because its a tiny fan spinning really fast, but yes, its also struggling - but that is working as intended.

laptops last about 6 months to 2 years (performance tends to drop after that), but would last for as long as the hardware is relevant if they were cleaned regularly (around 3 months for high end/performance laptops, once or twice a year for normal use) to keep the dust from insulating the chips - so that the struggling fan doesn't get overwhelmed and allow extra heat that then can cause the hardware to weaken or die long before it would normally.

the fan will also spin a little slower as it ages (especially if its running at full throttle most of the time), which combine that with the dust creep, and you can see how it can become a problem when a fan is "just barely" cutting it at its peak performance.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 10-13-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If it's a laptop and you haven't cleaned it for a year or two you need to take the back off it, take the cover off the fan and I am almost certain you will find a strip of solid fluff blocking the heatsync.

Achievements:
    Ty for the reply but.

1) It's fixed, the problem was after my restart the fan apparently was disabled or something. The second restart fixed it.

2) Only 2 months old XD.