Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! I have problems, and also Scylla ADC is best ADC. (but that's not my problem)

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Help! I have problems, and also Scylla ADC is best ADC. (but that's not my problem)

Don't mind the jokey bits of this...I need something to help my depression.

Also I posted this here cuz part of it is a Fun Thread of sorts (ie in what way do you wish your favorite god can be played?) and also because Technical forum seems kinda dead.

Move it if you like Mods.

-----

Anyway so my problem is.

This evening my computer decided to restart and update. Lucky me!

Then I went into Smite, got into a game, and that's when it happened.

My fps. Died.

You see. Usually my FPS is between 90 and 150.

It started okay at 120ish.

about 60 seconds later it started dropping, and dropping, and dropping...down to under 15. Heck at one point I clearly saw it below 8. 8!

And another 30-40 seconds later it was climbing, climbing, and climbing, back to over 100.

And it continued.

Again and again this cycle of superhigh normal fps and absolute craptastic shitfest fps.

How in hell do I fix this?

(My GPU is Nvidia 1050 TI and my CPU is Intel Core i7 7700HQ)

(This is the first time ever I've had this problem)

(It literally was perfectly fine yesterday. Only today did it happen, and it started after my computer updated.)

(Help. Help. Help. Help. I can't find any issue like mine tbh. I also tried a few fixes I found and nothing worked.)

(The only thing that kinda did was turning all my settings to minimum instead of Geforce "Auto-Optimize"...but there my fps STILL oscillated from 150 down to 25-40 and up to 150 again.)

----

FFS it even happens in Bot games, take a look.

Here's a full documentation of my issue and what happens.

Btw I just realized the fps number is kinda small, so I'll put in parentheses what my fps is in the picture.

Story: Yes, I even play Scylla in bot games. Game just started, FPS looks fine. (146 FPS)

Story: Not even 1 minute in, my FPS takes a nosedive. Also, I try ADC Scylla because why not? (25 FPS)

Story: Oh look another minute in it returns to normal. Also, Hastened Ring is my new favorite item. It's amazing fun. (115 FPS)

Story: LOVELY, my FPS dives down again. At least I'm getting fed on bots...sigh what am I doing with my life. (37 FPS)

Story: I'm in my fucking base and I still get low AF FPS...kill me. KILL ME!!!!! (29 FPS)

Story: My FPS returns to the realms of normality, netting me a triplekill with mostly autos. Who's the best ADC? Whatever your answer is, you're wrong. (100 FPS)

Story: Once again my FPS dies. I also picked up the wrong buff. I'm crying inside here. The ring around me is made of my tears. (23 FPS)

Story: The enemy tickets take a nosedive. Look at that sexy 2.01 attackspeed baby. Also my FPS is cooperating here (98 FPS)

Story: My FPS is now as low as my Mana. Sad time to be a mage. What's that? I'm an ADC? Bloody hell dude ADCs still need Mana...and FPS! (27 FPS)

I kinda went into Berserk mode and failed to take any more pictures.

Suffice to say Scylla ADC is hella fun and I just wish it was viable. I got a penta using mostly auto attacks. (160-200+ per auto every 0.5 seconds is kinda insane. Ranged Fatalis as well. Root for 500, 3-4 autos, dead. Who needs a Crush.)

Also because is there any time Scylla does NOT get a Penta Pentakill?

Story: Me bragging.

My FPS here was...oh idk like 70ish? Doesn't matter.

----

Anyway.

TLDR-

Help me pls.

FPS problems. FPS go from 150 to 10 to 150 to 10 to 150 to 10 repeat.

Also I want Scylla ADC to be a thing, Hirez make it happen!

Ty for reading this half shitpost half plea for help. You get a Scylla hug.

One post with help is one Scylla saved from Circe!

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Geeky Warlord Worshipper Izzako's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Ty for reading this half shitpost half plea for help. You get a Scylla hug.
    You should watch out Lyra.. a bunch of kidnapping happened in the past month in my city.. don't let lolis and kids hug adults

I love that emote too f-ing much lol
    I Used To Be The Forumer Sissyum, Until My Parents Took My Hirez Account
    Please Be Kind And Don't Give Me Red Reps For My Opinions, or Suggestions
    And Please Give Me Green Reps
    Best. Emote. Ever.
    Mains: Ares, Athena, Fafnir, Bacchus Hou Yi, Apollo, Cernunnos, Vulcan, Janus, Ravana

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Didnt read all, cuz im working, but code is compiling so i got a second...
    FPS drops only in base (or going to or from? Then its smite's problem...try different map, graphic settings, disable DX11.
    If it doesnt drop in base only, its best to reverse the update you got from Windows.
    BTW...you can disable windows updates. I think you have to disable Windows Update service (in services.msc) and probally some regedit settings, google it
    Why to disable? Well i dont want to update randomly when i working on big projects, so i update manualy when nothing can go wrong and before i update and make a recovery image and backup.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Party Person
    I don't care about Scylla but I can give you a suggestion about your problem. Try restarting your pc. If that doesn't work, try system restore.
    Top 10 gods in Smite
    1. Raijin, 2. Hachiman, 3. Sun Wukong,
    4. Susano, 5. Apollo, 6. Hou Yi, 7. Ares,
    8. Rama, 9. Ao Kuang, 10. Sobek

Oh Yeah! Raijin got Buffed Baby!!
    And I am Loving this New god Hachiman!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    1) Turn off DX11 if you have it(ppl actually using this?).

2) Click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and look up for processes which doesnt appeared before or if you are completely green in operating system then turn off any programs which arent using during game.

3) Look up for you hard drive if there is good chunk of space left, if not then delete some files.

4) Imo, most likely its problem with overheating of your graphic card or CPU anyway, easiest way to fix it is to clean up inside of your PC/laptop from any kind of dust. If this doesnt help then you should buy new cooler and montage it.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nejcn View Post
    Didnt read all, cuz im working, but code is compiling so i got a second...
    FPS drops only in base (or going to or from? Then its smite's problem...try different map, graphic settings, disable DX11.
    If it doesnt drop in base only, its best to reverse the update you got from Windows.
    BTW...you can disable windows updates. I think you have to disable Windows Update service (in services.msc) and probally some regedit settings, google it
    Why to disable? Well i dont want to update randomly when i working on big projects, so i update manualy when nothing can go wrong and before i update and make a recovery image and backup.
    It drops no matter what I do, then goes up, then down again.

Tried in Conquest too, same thing only 10-30 fps lower across the board.

I don't use DX11

I'm not entirely sure it WAS an update...I think I got the "windows is updating don't turn off your PC" message but I can't remember for sure. And I checked installed programs and updates and none dated Oct. 11 or Oct 12 so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    I don't care about Scylla but I can give you a suggestion about your problem. Try restarting your pc. If that doesn't work, try system restore.
    Haven't tried restarting yet, I'll do that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    1) Turn off DX11 if you have it(ppl actually using this?).

2) Click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and look up for processes which doesnt appeared before or if you are completely green in operating system then turn off any programs which arent using during game.

3) Look up for you hard drive if there is good chunk of space left, if not then delete some files.

4) Imo, most likely its problem with overheating of your graphic card or CPU anyway, easiest way to fix it is to clean up inside of your PC/laptop from any kind of dust. If this doesnt help then you should buy new cooler and montage it.
    I don't use it.

Will do.

I have 276/465 GB free on "Local Disk" (The C one).

That seems kinda strange, how it can go from completely normal to overheating in 1 day..?

I did check my CPU/GPU temps when my fps dropped, they didn't go over 70-75. Which is normal...for me anyway, I've seen those temps reach 80ish sometimes in BnS and I get easy constant 100 fps there (well I didn't check the actual number but it runs real smooth).

Resting temp with no games open - 40 C

Smite open and in the main window - 55-65 C

Smite in game - 60-75 C

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    With lowest graphic settings also lags?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Third Class
    Try playing another game. If that has FPS issues too, then the problem lies with your PC.

If it's just Smite, try re-installing it.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct solution. I'm not a computer savvy.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Did the problem start after patch 4.19 went live, or already before that? Don't claim to have a solution, but have noticed strange things between patches. Used to have random white screen GPU crashes only with Smite, which completely disappeared a couple of patches ago.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    It drops no matter what I do, then goes up, then down again.

Tried in Conquest too, same thing only 10-30 fps lower across the board.

I don't use DX11

I'm not entirely sure it WAS an update...I think I got the "windows is updating don't turn off your PC" message but I can't remember for sure. And I checked installed programs and updates and none dated Oct. 11 or Oct 12 so I dunno.

Haven't tried restarting yet, I'll do that soon.

I don't use it.

Will do.

I have 276/465 GB free on "Local Disk" (The C one).

That seems kinda strange, how it can go from completely normal to overheating in 1 day..?

I did check my CPU/GPU temps when my fps dropped, they didn't go over 70-75. Which is normal...for me anyway, I've seen those temps reach 80ish sometimes in BnS and I get easy constant 100 fps there (well I didn't check the actual number but it runs real smooth).

Resting temp with no games open - 40 C

Smite open and in the main window - 55-65 C

Smite in game - 60-75 C
    You can also check how much processor/memory game use(it may be 100% in moments) by CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and change tab to graphs(dont remember actual tab name, Im on Chrome Base now) then launch game with bots, and minimize game during heavy fps drops to check it.

If is 100% then point 2 of my latest post, if not then I cant help you more without seeing it.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.