Thread: Lakshmi: Hindu Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383

Lakshmi: Hindu Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity

Hello
    I thought it was interesting that Kali is still the only Hindu goddess in the game! Lakshmi would be an interesting addition to Smite, and would allow for a very traditional, beautiful, Hindu design as well as a concept that hasn't really been done before.

Lakshmi
    Hindu Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity

Lakshmi is the consort of the god Vishnu. She is one of the most popular goddesses in Hindu mythology and is known as being the goddess of wealth and prosperity. For more on her lore:
    http://www.koausa.org/Gods/God6.html
    http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/lakshmi.asp

Lakshmi: Ranged Mage
    Passive: Prosperity
    Lakshmi has an aura around her that multiplies the amount of gold earned by herself and teammates by 10%. All items in the store are also 5% cheaper for Laksmi.

Ability 1: Shower of Gold
    Lakshmi creates an area where three successive rounds of showers of gold rain down. Each round progressively does more damage, and each hit on a god from a round of rain slows the enemy (up to 3x stack). Enemies do not see the radius of the shower area.

Ability 2: Coin Toss
    Using each of her four arms, Lakshmi rolls 4 gold coins in succession in a line in front of her. The coins do damage to both minions and Gods - they will roll through minions but stop at a god. Coins that reach full range will stack on top of each other and remain in place on the map.

Ability 3: Abundance
    Lakshmi heals herself and her allies around her in an area. If Abundance is cast within the area of a coin stack, allies receive a scaling power buff and enemies receive a scaling attack speed/HP5 debuff - for each Abundance cast, the max amount of coins to scale the buffs would be 5.

Ultimate Ability: Encapsulate
    Lakshmi targets one enemy god and summons a large lotus flower from the ground beneath them that completely encapsulates them. The god becomes trapped inside and is entirely immobile, and is immune to outside damage. While inside, the lotus constricts and does a small amount damage, and then applies lotus poison (damage over time) when the flower bursts.

I'm not good enough at the math to to come up with actual damage values for the abilities, so maybe someone can help me out with that. But I think this kit is unique, and the addition of another Hindu goddess like Lakshmi would be great for the game
    Last edited by Simeya; 10-10-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    the main reason why we don't have/get many Hindu Gods is because; due to it being an active religion and Hi-Rez being under almost constant flak from that community. So they have to be extremely careful and sensitive when doing any new Gods for that Pantheon.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    the main reason why we don't have/get many Hindu Gods is because; due to it being an active religion and Hi-Rez being under almost constant flak from that community. So they have to be extremely careful and sensitive when doing any new Gods for that Pantheon.
    Oh I totally understand that! Ganesha was released not too long ago though and I thought they did an amazing job with him. I mainly wanted to just point out how the whole pantheon only has one goddess right now, and they should definitely consider working on another one if they can - like Lakshmi If they put as much attention on her like they did with Ganesha, I'm sure it will turn out great!