Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guardians OP Damage

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Guardians OP Damage

So I've LONG complained about Guardians and they're high damage, despite the fact that they're SUPPOSED to be low damage and high health and protections. Specifically Bacchus, Kumbhakarna and Cabraken are the worst offenders. So I decided to take a look at their stats just to see how bad it was. Let me start off with saying I have ZERO knowledge of what the numbers actually mean. So first off, pretty much every character starts off at level one with damage being higher than protections. Makes sense. What doesn't is that the offending Guardians don't start passing damage in protections until around level twelve or thirteen. I decided to compare with a relatively high damaging character, Anubis. At level 12, Anubis has a power of 53. Bacchus: 55. Kumbhakarna: 56. Cabraken: also 56. At level 20...Anubis has a power of 65. Bacchus is at 67 while Kumbhakarna and Cabraken are at 68. Definitely not as terrible as I was thinking BUT the fact that they have power even SLIGHTLY higher than Anubis is still unsettling. And pretty consistent with the other Guardians in Smite...and except for Ao Kuang and The Morrigan, Mages don't get much higher either. Again, don't know what the numbers actually mean AND that stats obviously are changed with items BUT...it's still a little disturbing that this is a thing.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,829
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    In order to get their damage off, they need to throw themselves in the line of fire where a mage does not. They're also unable to do anything once their shit's on CD, which isn't the case with physical gods. In order to be viable, even bruiser guardians need to be tanky and have strong burst. Also, they can't get much more than 400 power with a build that provides them the protections they need. Not only that, but they're all either shit early (i.e. Cabrakan) or extremely telegraphed (i.e. Athena).

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadjin View Post
    Let me start off with saying I have ZERO knowledge of what the numbers actually mean.
    ...why are you making statements regarding balance if you don't know what a god's stats mean? You're not looking at power, you're looking at basic attack damage. On ability-based gods. And ranged vs. melee at that. These numbers don't prove your point at all.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Why the fuck are you comparing basic attack damage LMFAO.

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Geeky Warlord Worshipper Izzako's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 31 days registered
    Wait a bit? OP Damage from Basic Attacks?

But you didn't mention the damage from Cabroken? Or the damage from Ares's 1? Man this thread sucks
    I Used To Be The Forumer Sissyum, Until My Parents Took My Hirez Account
    Please Be Kind And Don't Give Me Red Reps For My Opinions, or Suggestions
    And Please Give Me Green Reps
    Best. Emote. Ever.
    Mains: Ares, Athena, Fafnir, Bacchus Hou Yi, Apollo, Cernunnos, Vulcan, Janus, Ravana

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Ymir basic attacks OP, 100% crit chance.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,829
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Ymir basic attacks OP, 100% crit chance.
    The legend of Face Punch Ymir lives on.

Achievements:
    Btw apparently Anubis is outdamaged by Ymir.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadjin View Post
    So I've LONG complained about Guardians and they're high damage, despite the fact that they're SUPPOSED to be low damage and high health and protections. Specifically Bacchus, Kumbhakarna and Cabraken are the worst offenders. So I decided to take a look at their stats just to see how bad it was. Let me start off with saying I have ZERO knowledge of what the numbers actually mean. So first off, pretty much every character starts off at level one with damage being higher than protections. Makes sense. What doesn't is that the offending Guardians don't start passing damage in protections until around level twelve or thirteen. I decided to compare with a relatively high damaging character, Anubis. At level 12, Anubis has a power of 53. Bacchus: 55. Kumbhakarna: 56. Cabraken: also 56. At level 20...Anubis has a power of 65. Bacchus is at 67 while Kumbhakarna and Cabraken are at 68. Definitely not as terrible as I was thinking BUT the fact that they have power even SLIGHTLY higher than Anubis is still unsettling. And pretty consistent with the other Guardians in Smite...and except for Ao Kuang and The Morrigan, Mages don't get much higher either. Again, don't know what the numbers actually mean AND that stats obviously are changed with items BUT...it's still a little disturbing that this is a thing.
    look, first people complained about Guardians being too tanky and then we got the tank update making every Guardian useless for a month while they redid their builds

we don't need people complaining that Guardians do too much damage other wise they will nerf a bunch of magical items...which will not just effect them but Mages as well
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I always building full AS guardians, OP as fck
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Guardians should be op or no one wants to play them