Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Atalanta's Bow change

  1. #11
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RhodosGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    39
    4
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Atalanta+Winddemon+Boots+Hastened Katana+*preferred second crit item*+*preferred Lifesteal/Protection/additional damage item*

    ON merc. Have fun guys.

  2. #12
    Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wherever the back harpies come from.
    Posts
    853
    7
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Could just change it to have a passive stacking movement speed buff that lasts until a certain number of auto attacks and gives the hastened effect on the last one.
    Would basically be like.
    Passive: With every successful auto attack you gain a stack. Each stack gives 5% movement speed. On the 5th stack you gain 1 second of the hastened Effect and all stacks are reset.

  3. #13
    Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    411
    3
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Considering the actual mythology of Atalanta this thing should be a flat high movement speed item with a bonus to out of combat movement, as her schtick was no one could beat her in a race.

    1850 gold tier 2 bridge item
    30 power
    10 pen
    30% movement speed
    passive: you gain an additional 1% movement speed each second out of battle (max 15%)

    With this rework it's esentially a good third item for juking/boxing you'll sell later unless you're Mercury.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

  4. #14
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Considering the actual mythology of Atalanta this thing should be a flat high movement speed item with a bonus to out of combat movement, as her schtick was no one could beat her in a race.

    1850 gold tier 2 bridge item
    30 power
    10 pen
    30% movement speed
    passive: you gain an additional 1% movement speed each second out of battle (max 15%)

    With this rework it's esentially a good third item for juking/boxing you'll sell later unless you're Mercury.
    That is basically the physical version of penetration boots but with a lot more movement (and only a little more cost). Why even get boots on anyone if they made that?

  5. #15
    Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    411
    3
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That is basically the physical version of penetration boots but with a lot more movement (and only a little more cost). Why even get boots on anyone if they made that?
    numbers are subject to change, i'm just spitballing. make it 10 power and 15 pen, no power no passive 10 pen 40% MS, or 30% AS 30% MS with passive. We just want it to be USED sometimes. While we're at it why isn't there an Atalanta skin for Artemis? Already has a Boar, just need a Lioness motif for the costume and maybe a three golden apples reference.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

  6. #16
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    numbers are subject to change, i'm just spitballing. make it 10 power and 15 pen, no power no passive 10 pen 40% MS, or 30% AS 30% MS with passive. We just want it to be USED sometimes. While we're at it why isn't there an Atalanta skin for Artemis? Already has a Boar, just need a Lioness motif for the costume and maybe a three golden apples reference.
    The stats weren't necessarily bad, it was the price that was bad. You'd need to add on another 1000 gold for something like that, and it'd definitely replace boots

  7. #17
    Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    803
    8
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkDemolisher View Post
    Let's face it, this item is kind of a joke to those that use to build fatalis on hunters. Fatalis was op don't get me wrong, but this item just doesn't bring enough boxing potential to be worth buying. The item can stack to give you 28% movement speed which is great for survivability, but when you need to movement speed defensively it's hard to maintain stacks. I suggest that the item be given 10% movement speed up front on the item and then something like 4 stacks of 5% movement speed when autos land. I think this item would be a good synergy item for gods like amc and skadi that dont have escapes and would really benefit from the constant 10% movement speed. This would not make the item op because look at freya with all her rings that give movement speed. She is in a really balanced spot right now as a hypercarry mage with her ult being the only actual escape.




    let me know what you guys think
    I'd just remove this item. I don't understand its purpose. As you say, Fatalis was OP, but a Fatalis substitute with a weaker effect it's pointless. No use. Just remove it or give it a passive totally different from what it is right now.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

  8. #18
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead galvay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    41
    3
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    0
    I play hunters a lot and always take a close look at other hunter's build, just to compare and maybe get some ideas. And i literally saw maybe few times that any of them actually bought atalanta. and that might have been in the beginning- when it was introduced. I think that speaks on it's own- totally useless.
    Especially that without fatalis with most hunters you have actually less options to build. you basically need to go for crits and strenght with a bit of attack speed. as without fatalis you won't hit them more than 2-3 times, so you need to be deadly.

  9. #19
    Member Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    130
    3
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    3
    It's really really good when combined with wind demon - that's 48% extra movement speed, even better it lasts for ages (7 seconds for atalanta, 5 for wind demon). Completely counters the basic attack movement penalty so it works a bit like fatalis only when it goes pair shaped and you decide to run away you move like a rocket. Great counter if they have lots of area things you need to get out of (e.g. discordia 2) as you are too fast.

    e.g. on Xbal try ninja, trans, asi, atalanta, rage, winged demon.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    It's really really good when combined with wind demon - that's 48% extra movement speed, even better it lasts for ages (7 seconds for atalanta, 5 for wind demon). Completely counters the basic attack movement penalty so it works a bit like fatalis only when it goes pair shaped and you decide to run away you move like a rocket. Great counter if they have lots of area things you need to get out of (e.g. discordia 2) as you are too fast.

    e.g. on Xbal try ninja, trans, asi, atalanta, rage, winged demon.
    I don't think that is really how it works.

    First of all, there is diminishing returns so that 48% is really going to be more like 30-35%.

    Then AA penalty im pretty sure is multiplicative, so 135% drops down to 67.5% not 85%

    Add in boots and you're maybe at 70%, 75%?

    I'm not really sure how it all works, but that's the way I've always read it. Of course stop shooting and you can use that movement to close distance, and throw in a poisoned star to reduce your opponent's movement and you'll be close to their movement at least(maybe faster on Cernnunos if you use his built in slow to stack with poisoned star)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •