Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do PC people really despise us Console players that much?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I am a console player but I don't hate others for being a PC player or console player. That distinction isn't even important to me. What I'm more concerned about is how they treat others. I've played with other console players who sucked but I still had a wonderful time because of how laid back and fun they were. Instead of being miserable by treating others rudely, disrespecting others, or just plain unsportsmanlike. At the end of the day, I can play Smite or any other game and be happy. Maybe it's because I never felt any enjoyment in making others miserable.

Regardless if you're PC or Console player, we are still one community. And we should all just get along well. The real world is already dangerous enough and maddening, why make gaming, one form of our escape from real world, toxic and intolerable?
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    well yeah a bit

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    i dont hate u guys .... i just have no idea why u playing smite on console...

Junior Member Cupidhead RowanSane's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    ...because my laptop won't run Smite? Because I didn't even own a laptop when I discovered Smite on my ps4?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    it's not a rivalry, people who play console are just flat out dumb

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SaintDemonbane's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    I personally think console players are stupid and putting SMITE on console was a dumb move on HiRez's part. They were just seeing those $$$ signs and not thinking of the repercussions.

Junior Member Cupidhead PresumptuousP's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    For me as someone who was a teen during the great console days of the SNES and Megadrive, back when consoles actually offered something different to PC gaming id say it boils down to the fact that these days consoles just arent that good when compared to a competently built PC, even the whole consoles dont have to download or load things with long load times argument went out the window 2 decades ago or more which was the only real benefit the consoles had for a good 10 years before the PS came along and kinda brought that aspect into the console sphere... the only thing consoles did far better than PC's in those days was platforming, mainly since you had a control scheme that worked the best for that genre being mostly exclusive to that platform... even now days with proper good console style controllers being made for PC why have a console for platforming?

The only time the PC vs Console argument can be justified in reality lets be honest is if the player base is mixed in a game, this is something that rarely happens if never... in the rare situations where a PC player and console player are against each other PC players will 90% of the time run roughshod over a console player, the control scheme of mouse and keyboard alone makes them superior in terms of how they react and can react (you cant 180 instantly on a controller for instance) unless the games designed to throttle back the advantages a M&K set up has over a controller.

Its because of the rather stark differences between how a game played with a controller vs and game played with a M&K play out that console players tend to be less aware, throw in things like auto aiming or aim assist that is required for console control schemes along with teh blatant fact games on consoles are often dumbed down in terms of difficulty to mitigate the controller issue then a console player moving to a M&K will often find themselves being alot less effective since the game no longer mitigates the reduced control over precise aiming and the like and their reaction times and situational awarness has to be elevated significantly when in a PC game environment.

So what im trying to say is... yes PC gaming and gamers tend to be far superior to console players, if placed side by side and pitted against each other, this is just fact, thing is take a mostly PC gamer and a mostly console gamer and swap platforms on them and they BOTH tend to do terribly on the other platform... but with time they can learn as with all things.

So yes, PC gamers are better on the whole... does this matter at all even in the slightest since we dont mix player bases? Nope... and any Smite console player moving to PC should simply be treated as a new player to the game, and given the opportunity to learn and improve as they will do obviously... as long as they arent driven away by the more vocal and toxic PC gamers.

We are after all, all Smite players arent we... let us rejoice in that commonality!

Edit:- Ill also add one thing that as a long time PC player irks me and many other PC users and in many ways is one of the pivotal underlying reasons PC users have a grudge against Console gamers... so many of the games for PC that are also for console are deliberately designed for console first over the PC's ie the graphics are scaled back for performance on the console version, gameplay and UI is designed to fit with the console version over the PC version, difficulty is reduced to accommodate the console system rather than the PC version, titles that once where PC become console exclusives or new interesting IP that would excell on the PC are given console exclusivity... its because of this, which is a trend that has been going on for over a decade that really aggravates PC users, consoles HAVE and DO directly effect a PC gamers experiences in a very negative way, due to the publishers and developers pandering to consoles over PC's... and its all about the $$$ and pushing that new non backward compatible version of their overly expensive console that is more or less inferior to a equally priced PC.

Sure thats not the fault of the console player, but it is a legitimate issue.
    Last edited by PresumptuousP; 11-01-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by eminiclam View Post
    PC players despise everything, console players, PC players who have a worst PC than them (scrubs), PC players who have a better PC than them (elitist) ,PC players who have the same PC as them but more skill (tryhards) and probably themselves for being such fucking assholes.
    You.

I like you. Such clarity is hard to find in this world.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by PresumptuousP View Post
    For me as someone who was a teen during the great console days of the SNES and Megadrive, back when consoles actually offered something different to PC gaming id say it boils down to the fact that these days consoles just arent that good when compared to a competently built PC, even the whole consoles dont have to download or load things with long load times argument went out the window 2 decades ago or more which was the only real benefit the consoles had for a good 10 years before the PS came along and kinda brought that aspect into the console sphere... the only thing consoles did far better than PC's in those days was platforming, mainly since you had a control scheme that worked the best for that genre being mostly exclusive to that platform... even now days with proper good console style controllers being made for PC why have a console for platforming?

The only time the PC vs Console argument can be justified in reality lets be honest is if the player base is mixed in a game, this is something that rarely happens if never... in the rare situations where a PC player and console player are against each other PC players will 90% of the time run roughshod over a console player, the control scheme of mouse and keyboard alone makes them superior in terms of how they react and can react (you cant 180 instantly on a controller for instance) unless the games designed to throttle back the advantages a M&K set up has over a controller.

Its because of the rather stark differences between how a game played with a controller vs and game played with a M&K play out that console players tend to be less aware, throw in things like auto aiming or aim assist that is required for console control schemes along with teh blatant fact games on consoles are often dumbed down in terms of difficulty to mitigate the controller issue then a console player moving to a M&K will often find themselves being alot less effective since the game no longer mitigates the reduced control over precise aiming and the like and their reaction times and situational awarness has to be elevated significantly when in a PC game environment.

So what im trying to say is... yes PC gaming and gamers tend to be far superior to console players, if placed side by side and pitted against each other, this is just fact, thing is take a mostly PC gamer and a mostly console gamer and swap platforms on them and they BOTH tend to do terribly on the other platform... but with time they can learn as with all things.

So yes, PC gamers are better on the whole... does this matter at all even in the slightest since we dont mix player bases? Nope... and any Smite console player moving to PC should simply be treated as a new player to the game, and given the opportunity to learn and improve as they will do obviously... as long as they arent driven away by the more vocal and toxic PC gamers.

We are after all, all Smite players arent we... let us rejoice in that commonality!

Edit:- Ill also add one thing that as a long time PC player irks me and many other PC users and in many ways is one of the pivotal underlying reasons PC users have a grudge against Console gamers... so many of the games for PC that are also for console are deliberately designed for console first over the PC's ie the graphics are scaled back for performance on the console version, gameplay and UI is designed to fit with the console version over the PC version, difficulty is reduced to accommodate the console system rather than the PC version, titles that once where PC become console exclusives or new interesting IP that would excell on the PC are given console exclusivity... its because of this, which is a trend that has been going on for over a decade that really aggravates PC users, consoles HAVE and DO directly effect a PC gamers experiences in a very negative way, due to the publishers and developers pandering to consoles over PC's... and its all about the $$$ and pushing that new non backward compatible version of their overly expensive console that is more or less inferior to a equally priced PC.

Sure thats not the fault of the console player, but it is a legitimate issue.
    As an old school pc gamer who has always had a console as well, and nowadays only plays on console I shall say this;
    PC gamers,stfu. If not for console videogames would have died out a long time ago. I was there when the arse fell out of the pc market. With no console, the multitude of fuckwits arguing this shit would would be non existent. Thats something quantifiable by numbers, so stick any potential rebuttals up your ass as that would be the most direct route to what you are about to say, which is absolute shite.

All this is is the human condition. The need to arbitrarily declare yourself superior to your peer group. The whole reason I personally stopped pc gaming is because of how fucking insufferable a lot of you are. "ooh you only run at blah blah spec MINE does some such waffle".

Current consoles run Smite just fucking fine. No issues outside of what Hi-Rez does themselves. You wanna spend a shitload more money just to convince yourself you can spot that additional fold in Thors cape? Congratulations. You have that additional fold.

Quick edit; the recent Cuphead PC elitism proves how little people actually think. What was the domain of 2D side scrolling platform games? What format popularized the genre and provided hardcore challenges?

Well fuck my life it appears the answer is console. Dumbasses.
    Now shut the fuck up and busy yourself with your own game, not others.
    Last edited by SpanglyBalls; 11-02-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I don't think PC players hate console players. I say that as a PC player that occasionally plays on PS4 with some friends who play exclusively on console. PC players do tend to believe that console players are worse in general, though. And they kinda are. People on console are less likely to know what to do, and you can't type so without a headset you can't really tell other people what to do or ask for tips or help or anything. Mostly, though, mouse and keyboard is just better to use for the game. You can turn and aim a whole lot quicker with a mouse while still maintaining accuracy. So it's a whole lot harder to land skills and auto's on console or to react quick enough to escape some bad situations, thus leading to a lot more bad plays.