Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do PC people really despise us Console players that much?

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Do PC people really despise us Console players that much?

I'm just curious to see if this holds true I started on Smite Reddit and from what I noticed everyone seems to hate console players for no reason in particular their reason either is extremly trivial or has more to do with PC elitism than it does with Smite itself and I'm confused as to why this hate for console players grew so quickly was it all the Gucci videos or something this isn't just forums I've experienced this personally when a friend of mine got her boyfriend to go from PC smite to console only for him to talk endlessly about how all console players have slower reaction times, the graphics are worse, we're late on trends, good Console players aren't that good as good PC players

Was it Gucci that gave console such a shit image and who exactly is gucci I don't know much about him other than he's made a few bad plays
    "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you could land among the stars."

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Philipp1500's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Short answer: Yes

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    No.

At least, not everyone. This "rivalry" is stupid.

We're all Smite players.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    PC players despise everything, console players, PC players who have a worst PC than them (scrubs), PC players who have a better PC than them (elitist) ,PC players who have the same PC as them but more skill (tryhards) and probably themselves for being such fucking assholes.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Some PC players also despise the fact that Console and PC players hate each other for god knows what reasons.
    What do I put here now?

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Most smite players on console suck and they don't know how to rotate/farm. Before anyone hates on me, I play on PS4 and this comes from personal experience. Not that PC is much better.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Gucci is known because people kept posting his fails on Reddit instead of just ignoring a troll.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Gucci is known because people kept posting his fails on Reddit instead of just ignoring a troll.
    And they do that cause it's funny.

But don't worry @Console, if a PC player was that idiotic and hilarious they'd also be memed.
    What do I put here now?

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    In general, no. PC players harbour no ill will towards console.

There are exceptions, as always, some people do actually have a need to be aggressive in their personal view of PC being the superior platform for gaming.

I mean, personally, I have no feelings either positively or negatively towards console players. I have no reason to either, since I don't interact with them in a way that matters because cross-platform isn't a thing in any game where it matters (I used to play FFXIV with a girl who played it on PS4 while I played on PC for example)

Though, I dislike consoles in general, mostly because they limit potential design due to things having to work around their imprecise control and lack of keybindings associated with controllers. So we get stuff like in Smite where you only have 4 active abilities and 2 relics and that's your lot. So no cool interesting gods with more active abilities. Nothing like items that can be activated (Would love me some Phase Boots, Armlet of Mordiggan, Mask of Madness, Refresher Orb or my personal favourite, ♥ Hand of Midas ♥).

Not to mention, graphics and systems have to be console capable too. So no swanky updates, even if PSPro and XboneX are newer and shinier, games still have to be designed for their base consoles...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Cupidhead WilliamBlackgate's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't hate console players.
    I do know that there are a lot of players who can be very rude for little reason, so yeah there are probably a lot of people who do hate console users.