Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Nox breaks every gamemode except for Conquest.

  1. #11
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,125
    36
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexos123 View Post
    So what is really wrong with her? I have a list of things I hate about her.
    - No gods that counter her. (only Geb a little)
    Geb shield cleanses the root and cripple completely, Hel can cleanse whatever stands in the zone easily, and Chiron can do it to a lesser extent. Cabrakan cannot be rooted or crippled at all when he has his 1 active.
    - Nox has too much CC.
    Nox has a Root/Cripple on one ability and a deployed Silence on another. Her Root/Cripple is slow.
    - Nox is WAY too safe, with that escape. (7 seconds immume wtf is this??)
    If Nox is remaining inside her allies for the full duration, that means she's not doing anything to you or your allies. Any dot that was on Nox also remains on her inside of an ally.
    - Nox has low cooldowns on all her abilities except for her ultimate. (spam as much as you can, so they can do as little)
    Cooldowns are 10/13/15/90-70. Only her ult reduces in cooldown by leveling.
    - Nox' ultimate kills every non-tank under 50% HP.
    Scylla, Kuku, and Ra ults can kill someone under 70% HP, what's your point?
    - When enemy tank engages, she immediately locks that god, so the engage fails.
    Unless you are Cabrakan and don't care about any of her CC. If Nox is focusing down the tank, then what is she doing against the 3-4 squishy gods with high damage behind the tank?
    - Nox' hitbox of the silence is bigger than it looks.
    I have experienced this issue way more with Chaac 1 and Scylla 2, rarely ever have seen this with Nox.
    - Nox' damage is stupid.
    A Mage with delayed explosion skills does damage, call the cops.
    - When you think you are safe because you escaped the silence, she still locks you with her 1, and her team will finish you.
    If she doesn't get a good Shipon Darkness off, chances are she isn't going to bother with Rooting someone unless she's running away.
    - Beads is not enough against Nox.
    Beads is not enough against Ares. Phantom isn't enough against Odin. Cursed Ankh is not enough against Hel.
    - Magi's Blessing is not enough against Nox.
    Magi's Blessing is a situational counter item, not something to counter the same CC every time its up.
    - Nox is even harder to punish than Thoth.
    And instead, Thoth just pokes you down with fast traveling, 85-range projectiles out of range from most abilities in Smite.
    And when you try and contest him, he dashes backwards and stuns you for 700 damage.

    - Nox' voice pack is the same as Bellona.
    Nobody cares.
    - "But the god is hard to play." That may be true, but people know her so well, that they know where players are going to. (they take the closest way out of the silence) Which makes it very easy to get them.
    A person who plays a character a lot and has a ton of experience is good with them, go figure.
    Responses in Quote.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

  2. #12
    Member Follower Saerireth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    173
    2
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    1
    Didn't even see the vp comment. Heaven forbid they use the same VA twice.
    And no, they aren't the same.
    Bellona is more nationalistic/military ("ROMA INVICTA!"). Nox isn't.

    Goobis did good with picking it apart. I can't really think of much else to say.

    Also, literally anyone who can get close to her or a hunter will counter her. You can still basic attack while she has you immobilized, using her 2-1 combo or not.
    And with the hitbox of the silence, I've actually seen the opposite. People seem to be inside it but are on the extreme outer edge and game lets them go.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-04-2017 at 01:03 AM.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Creation
    Posts
    1,201
    7
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Hiding in allies doesn't prevent you from being stunned or pulled (eg ares ult). And whatever happens to that ally technically happens to you as well. Also considering her CD on her 3 does not start until you exit the ally.
    True but I think it should. I think they should make her CC immune if she goes into ally. However the ult should not be CC immune.

    Don't try and argue like nox needs a buff. She is one of the strongest mages in the game across all modes except maybe conq (Never played or faced her in conq).

    Who cares if you can't land 2-1 combo consistently, all you need to do is save team mates with the silence and the stun and its a job well done in most games. If you can get the combo of though its a pretty guaranteed kill cause her dmg even with just cdr items is quite high, add a spear and you close to one shot most people still with heavy cdr investment.

    Consider zeus with cdr items landing his full kit and 3 stacks of balls lighting on someone, that ain't enough to even come close to a kill. Zeus needs pene to make a dent in people, nox doesn't. And landing full combo with zeus is in most cases much harder then nox as just 3 creeps can take all you chain lighting.

    Not to mention it's easy to dodge her ult,
    Easy as in dodging janus, ra or thoth ult? Nox is by far the hardest to juke of these 4 and its easier to hit multiple Gods with unless you have nice setup for the others.

    And how are beads and magi "not enough" against
    Beads work ofc. Magis however procs if you ever just touch her silence. So nox can toss that in ure general direction with shit aim and just get you on the edge it procs magis and 1s later she can stun you with her 1. Magis is a terrible nox counter. Magis should not proc on slows and silences for it to be more useful as it is now its a niche item that can work on some gods in some games, but it doesn't work vs nox.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 10-04-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Rocking the boat

  4. #14
    Member Follower Saerireth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    173
    2
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    True but I think it should. I think they should make her CC immune if she goes into ally. However the ult should not be CC immune.
    Without CC immune on her ult, it would be extremely simple to interrupt, especially since you have a 1 second interval in between activation and until Nox releases the ult. I know you're gonna say "but Thoth...." Just don't, I don't wanna talk about Thoth rn. Ra is also cc immune during his ult as well, and he has an equivalent charge up time to nox, difference being that his ult doesn't have a travel time.
    Don't try and argue like nox needs a buff. She is one of the strongest mages in the game across all modes except maybe conq (Never played or faced her in conq).
    Don't think this was aimed at me, but jic, I haven't stated anywhere that I think she needs a buff. In fact, only person who proposed a buff is you (with her becoming cc immune in place of her ult).

    Who cares if you can't land 2-1 combo consistently, all you need to do is save team mates with the silence and the stun and its a job well done in most games. If you can get the combo of though its a pretty guaranteed kill cause her dmg even with just cdr items is quite high, add a spear and you close to one shot most people still with heavy cdr investment.

    Consider zeus with cdr items landing his full kit and 3 stacks of balls lighting on someone, that ain't enough to even come close to a kill. Zeus needs pene to make a dent in people, nox doesn't. And landing full combo with zeus is in most cases much harder then nox as just 3 creeps can take all you chain lighting.
    My point was if you miss your combo, that's it. She doesn't have any bonuses like Zeus has (Static charge building on basic attacks, not to mention consecutive basic attacks on same target deal more damage. And I've seen plenty of Zeus' build full power and no pene and still be top damage, even if other team built prot. Why? Because he's an aoe mage whose spells are much easier to land than Nox.
    Explanation:
    Nox 1- Single target root for low-moderate damage
    Zeus 1- Multi-target bounce for moderate damage, higher damage if you are able to bounce

    Nox 2- AoE timed explosion that silences all enemies within 2 seconds before detonating. Unless you aren't paying attention or cc, you don't have to worry about this ability besides you being silence.
    Zeus 2- AoE that helps to amplify his 1 and basic attacks. Applies Static charge to all nearby enemies if basic attacked, great
    for wave clear.

    Nox 3- Straight line dash that allows her to hide in allies and prevent any damage post-entrance.
    Zeus 3- Stacking damage based on accumulated static charge.

    Nox 4- AoE skillshot ball that explodes on contact with environment or enemy god. -40% damage debuff for 5s
    Zeus 4- AoE continuous damage ult that builds static charge, allowing for simple deployment of said static charge as well as detonate damage.

    In other words, Zeus has a lot more damage potential than nox has purely based off of his abilities. Please stop trying to say Zeus abilities are harder to land than Nox.



    Easy as in dodging janus, ra or thoth ult? Nox is by far the hardest to juke of these 4 and its easier to hit multiple Gods with unless you have nice setup for the others.

    When I talked about Ra, Thoth, Janus, all of those ults pierce through. Nox's ult only pierces minions. Yes, it explodes, but for a radius that's slightly smaller than her 2. Ra's ult is also instantaneous travel time. He doesn't have to account for distance between himself and the target besides leading target. The other 3 all have to account for the target moving.
    Addendum: All of their abilities pierce through in some way. Nox's 2 is an AoE "deployable" and her dash is the only pierce she has. Other abilities stop on first god hit, and her 1 is purely single target and only damaging gods.


    Beads work ofc. Magis however procs if you ever just touch her silence. So nox can toss that in ure general direction with shit aim and just get you on the edge it procs magis and 1s later she can stun you with her 1. Magis is a terrible nox counter. Magis should not proc on slows and silences for it to be more useful as it is now its a niche item that can work on some gods in some games, but it doesn't work vs nox.
    Thus if magi procs when you hit her silence, she won't be rooting you. Also, not gonna be a prick about it, but her 1 is a cripple/immo, not a stun. Hunters can still have a fun time killing her if she gets too close while channeling her 1, not to mention she can't take any other action besides moving or cancelling her 1 while it is being channeled
    I'm not acting like support nox cannot be a thing. I have done it myself before with some success. But to me it sounds like you haven't played Nox b4, especially with the "CDR build can oneshot" comment. It can't. I've tried that build too. In fact, that's arguably my main build. The most "one shotting" I will be able to do is someone who's below 50% health already when I 2-1 them.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-04-2017 at 07:54 PM.

  5. #15
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Somewhere in the deep blue sea
    Posts
    2,767
    10
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    True but I think it should. I think they should make her CC immune if she goes into ally. However the ult should not be CC immune.

    Don't try and argue like nox needs a buff. She is one of the strongest mages in the game across all modes except maybe conq (Never played or faced her in conq).

    Who cares if you can't land 2-1 combo consistently, all you need to do is save team mates with the silence and the stun and its a job well done in most games. If you can get the combo of though its a pretty guaranteed kill cause her dmg even with just cdr items is quite high, add a spear and you close to one shot most people still with heavy cdr investment.

    Consider zeus with cdr items landing his full kit and 3 stacks of balls lighting on someone, that ain't enough to even come close to a kill. Zeus needs pene to make a dent in people, nox doesn't. And landing full combo with zeus is in most cases much harder then nox as just 3 creeps can take all you chain lighting.



    Easy as in dodging janus, ra or thoth ult? Nox is by far the hardest to juke of these 4 and its easier to hit multiple Gods with unless you have nice setup for the others.



    Beads work ofc. Magis however procs if you ever just touch her silence. So nox can toss that in ure general direction with shit aim and just get you on the edge it procs magis and 1s later she can stun you with her 1. Magis is a terrible nox counter. Magis should not proc on slows and silences for it to be more useful as it is now its a niche item that can work on some gods in some games, but it doesn't work vs nox.
    She NEEDS CC immunity on her ult.

    Imagine if someone like Anubis didn't have CC immunity on his ult. Yes, it'd be that bad.

    And only Conquest matters for balance.

    And I've yet to see one Nox in Conquest.

    I've mostly been facing Vulcans for some reason, with the odd Poseidon/Ra/Kuku.


    Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

    IGN: Šcylla

    "For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

  6. #16
    Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Usa, Johnstown PA
    Posts
    1,156
    7
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    3
    you may not see her in conquest because she either gets banned or doesn't get picked due to team comp.

    Nox is dangerous...but you need the right team of Gods to really capitalize on her CC.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

  7. #17
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Somewhere in the deep blue sea
    Posts
    2,767
    10
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    you may not see her in conquest because she either gets banned or doesn't get picked due to team comp.

    Nox is dangerous...but you need the right team of Gods to really capitalize on her CC.
    I mean casual conquest lol.

    I see more Vulcans than anything else for some reason.

    Like 70% Vulcan 30% other stuff.


    Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

    IGN: Šcylla

    "For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

  8. #18
    Senior Member Honoured Glances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    555
    4
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    you may not see her in conquest because she either gets banned or doesn't get picked due to team comp.
    Nox never gets banned, she just doesn't get picked. She's a pretty good example of garbage not designed properly for conquest.
    The two most powerful warriors are peace and time

  9. #19
    Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Creation
    Posts
    1,201
    7
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    I'm not acting like support nox cannot be a thing. I have done it myself before with some success. But to me it sounds like you haven't played Nox b4, especially with the "CDR build can oneshot" comment. It can't. I've tried that build too. In fact, that's arguably my main build. The most "one shotting" I will be able to do is someone who's below 50% health already when I 2-1 them.
    I don't have a lot of Nox time played I admit that, but when I do play her in arena I practically never die cause she is so safe (or I dash to try get a greedy kill). The reason I avoid her is while she works great as a supportive mage she is hard to carry with in arena so if my team is shit she is hard to make work for me. I also seen great nox's that while having like 5-0-15 couldn't win cause the team was to bad. Killing a good nox is about as hard as killing a good thoth, very hard work.

    I said close to one shot, any team mate around and you are set. Also I wanna point out that magis lasts for 1 second. So if nox burns it with her silence she can still "root" you 1s later, she just need to wait.

    As for mage ults. Ra is harder to land then nox, it has its advantages and in the case of a blinking insta stun geb on team the ra ult is better for sure. But if you see Ra ulting you should never get hit, just move to the side, the same cannot be said for Nox, if she aims well it is very hard to juke it cause it is fast enough travel time still. She can't shoot through walls though.

    As for zeus, just having high damage in a game isn't a good measure for usefulness. If you deal a lot of dmg and people retreat and heal/sustain up its not nearly as valuable as high single target damage that results in a kill. Not saying zeus can't kill I hope you get the idea, a lot of the dmg isn't as useful as you might think. Zeus kit actually doesn't scale great with power (40/50/18*3).

    For nox in conq I can get that she is not highly valued cause her kit can't really harass and clear at the same time. You have no zoning if you wanna clear. By mid game she should be very useful though if you can setup traps and ganks with team but since meta in conq now weighs heavily on the early game I can see why nox ain't high tier in the current conq meta.

    Also plz note I'm not saying Nox is OP or that other mages are UP compared. I think nox is in a pretty nice spot but her immune in ult has always bothered me, feels like to much icing on the cake, much the same how cern got a root, dash and aoe cc ult.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 10-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Rocking the boat

  10. #20
    Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Usa, Johnstown PA
    Posts
    1,156
    7
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    3
    there is also something else I forgot to factor in with my last post.

    Conquest is the game mode Smite is "balanced" around. Gods that generally don't do good there often do well in other modes for one reason or another.

    Ares is a nice example. He is okay in Conquest...not great and not horrible...just okay. Put him into Arena, 8/10 he will smash your face in.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •