Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nox breaks every gamemode except for Conquest.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Rexos123's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

Angry Nox breaks every gamemode except for Conquest.

So you may have noticed, in every casual gamemode except for Conquest you see a Nox.
    This is because if you have a Nox in your team, you have a high chance of winning.
    That is because she locks every other god down. No one can do anything, you just die.

Like really, count the time you didn't win against a Nox and count the times you did last month.

So what is really wrong with her? I have a list of things I hate about her.
    - No gods that counter her. (only Geb a little)
    - Nox has too much CC.
    - Nox is WAY too safe, with that escape. (7 seconds immume wtf is this??)
    - Nox has low cooldowns on all her abilities except for her ultimate. (spam as much as you can, so they can do as little)
    - Nox' ultimate kills every non-tank under 50% HP.
    - When enemy tank engages, she immediately locks that god, so the engage fails.
    - Nox' hitbox of the silence is bigger than it looks.
    - Nox' damage is stupid.
    - When you think you are safe because you escaped the silence, she still locks you with her 1, and her team will finish you.
    - Beads is not enough against Nox.
    - Magi's Blessing is not enough against Nox.
    - Nox is even harder to punish than Thoth.
    - Nox' voice pack is the same as Bellona.
    - "But the god is hard to play." That may be true, but people know her so well, that they know where players are going to. (they take the closest way out of the silence) Which makes it very easy to get them.

I don't know how to fix the god, because you can't balance a kit like that in both Conquest and other gamemodes.

The only thing that fixes this is: Redesigning the god, being able to ban at least 1 god in casual gamemodes or blocking every Nox diamond. (that's what I do, doesn't really work though)

So what do you think about Nox, do you hate her as much as I do?

EDIT: oh and; SHE IS SO FRUSTRATING TO PLAY AGAINST HOLY SHIT
    Last edited by Rexos123; 09-29-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    The game is balanced around Conquest.

Now to be fair...when people make the ranked tier list, showing off how well Gods do in this game mode, it is their opinion, but given the constraints of Conquest...it is usually very accurate.

Nox is a Tier S ranked God. She can easily sway picks and bans in a match. Now in the new meta she might be seeing a down wind of play since she doesn't have the CC really needed in every fight to be more of a threat.

Don't get me wrong, given the right team comp, she would do wonders.

I doubt Hi-Rez will rework her in any fashion other than the QoL buffs/nerfs they are common for. They also won't touch her too much while the Championships are going on so the meta doesn't shift part way through.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    While I hate Nox, she's fine.

She's balanced in all modes except maybe Joust.

The real deal is Ah Puch, low-end balanced on Conquest and borderline broken on all other modes. But I like that when I want a lazy Arena game I pick him.

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Silence, in general, is an un-fun mechanic. It denies the player freedom to perform an action they want to perform. One could say the same for cripples and grabs. Nox has both a silence and a grab, so she is certainly not fun to play against. A lot of people find Artio (cripple) and Ganesh (silence) not fun to play against. Even Khepri, with his grab and kill denying ult, irks people. None of that makes those gods OP in terms of W/L.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    A good Nox will ruin your day, but that applies to pretty much all gods in Smite. Personally I'd say the radius of her silence could maybe be reduced, but honestly she lives and dies by landing her combo. A good player will do this consistently, giving her the impression of being god tier.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I think nox is among the safest Gods in smite. Vs bad players she can carry arena but vs good players she is a strong support. What bothers me most is her having cc immune ult. For someone that can hide in allies and have so strong defensive kit i think its to much having cc immune ult.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I think nox is among the safest Gods in smite. Vs bad players she can carry arena but vs good players she is a strong support. What bothers me most is her having cc immune ult. For someone that can hide in allies and have so strong defensive kit i think its to much having cc immune ult.
    Hiding in allies doesn't prevent you from being stunned or pulled (eg ares ult). And whatever happens to that ally technically happens to you as well. Also considering her CD on her 3 does not start until you exit the ally.

Achievements:
    Silence is easy to avoid and she relies so heavily on her combo in order to do damage. If she can't use her combo, most will end up using 1 or 2 as support abilities to help allies escape or to engage. Not to mention it's easy to dodge her ult, especially if you know it's coming or a nearby ally is paying attention and can bodyblock it.

If she can't land her 2-1 combo, she's screwed in terms of being useful besides her ult which may be on CD. Unless said person is really being ballsy, her 3 will be reserved for an escape, however keep in mind that her 3 is not cc immune and is easy to block or cc her out of.

Also, when they reduced her ult CD, they were commenting on her being lower tier (B at the lowest) because she is situational and has a higher skillcap.

And how are beads and magi "not enough" against nox? Only possibility for it being "not enough" is if you accidentally activate beads when ur magi procs. And typically, unless ur 1v1, she won't chase after someone she misses with her 2-1 because it's a >6 second cooldown and risky to follow without having any backup.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-03-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Hiding in allies doesn't prevent you from being stunned or pulled (eg ares ult). And whatever happens to that ally technically happens to you as well. Also considering her CD on her 3 does not start until you exit the ally.
    If you hide in an ally, Ares doesn't ult you but that ally. If that ally looks like they're gonna get pulled, just pop out.

Skill Level: Fell into the Potato bucket again.
    Level: 106/160

IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    If you hide in an ally, Ares doesn't ult you but that ally. If that ally looks like they're gonna get pulled, just pop out.
    Point was if you get caught at the beginning of the ult, the dash won't save u even if you go into the ally