Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nu wa fog is not enough.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Nu wa fog is not enough.

The problem is that a lot of people talk about giving a lot of "buff's" to a god and makes him an OP.
    We already had some buff's in Nu wa in some past patches and now, she got the target for the lackeys.
    All these ideas have had many people saying that it would make her OP and today, she is not even close to that....

*Kiss Aphrodite Movement Speed: 4/8/12/16/20% - It does not end until you change the target - Increases damage and has CC
    *Chang'e Dance Move Speed: +25% - Increases 25% for each dance.
    *Accelerate Chronos Movement Speed: 25% initial + 12/14/16/18/20% over time
    *Atlas of the Yellow River He bo - Speed Buff: 30/35/40/45/50% and Slow Debuff: 30/35/40/45/50%
    *Repulse (Inspire) Hel - Light Movement Speed: 25% and heals
    *Wing Gust Isis - Movement Speed: 25% and Isis is immune to Root and Knockback effects while casting.
    *Slipstream Kukulkan - Speed: 40/50/60/70/80% Additionally, Kukulkan cleanses himself of slows and becomes immune to Slows for 1s when activated.
    *Speed of Light Ra - Movement Speed: 6%(18% Max) for each skill and Lifetime: 15s
    *Confusion The morrigan - Movement Speed: 20/25/30/35/40% and decoy
    *Disapparate Sol - Movement Speed: 20/25/30/35/40% and immunity.

These are the numbers, boys.
    All gods are mages that use speed buff and do not dash.
    Information taken from Smite's own website.

Mysterious Fog Nu wa - Movement Speed: 10% and She and all allies are Stealthed while inside the fog

Notice that the average bonus is 25%. The average.
    Nu wa does not have half of that.

Okay, it gives invisibility to the team, however, no one will want to be an easy target within a slowly moving circle. Besides that, you just stay invisible, if you do absolutely NOTHING. Besides having to keep moving from one side to the other, not to get past the fog, since you are faster than her.
    If you accidentally hit the mouse button, you will be seen.
    That is, if you are not hit by a skill.
    It does not heal, it does not apply CC and it does not give you immunity to anything, besides being slow and limited to a single location.

I know that many of these MS bonuses only affect God Himself. But the percentage is much higher than Nu wa.

Recently there has been a change in Hel that I see as being ideal in this matter.

"INSPIRE (Light Stance) -{...} Hel gains Increased Movement Speed, and allies gain a reduced amount (10%) for the duration. {...} "

I believe that a change, just like that made on Hel, would really be a great help for Nu wa.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    dude, it's late, I'm tired, and I don't have enough will to give you a detailed reason about why Nu Wa fog is not the trash that you declare to be, so I'll just quote what I said back then :
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    Kiss Aphrodite Movement Speed: 4/8/12/16/20% - It does not end until you change the target - Increases damage and has CC
    can be applied only to a single teammate.

*Chang'e Dance Move Speed: +25% - Increases 25% for each dance.
    it's for Chang'e herself only and has a very small duration

Accelerate Chronos Movement Speed: 25% initial + 12/14/16/18/20% over time
    Affects only Chronos

*Atlas of the Yellow River He bo - Speed Buff: 30/35/40/45/50% and Slow Debuff: 30/35/40/45/50%
    Covers only a fixed area.

*Slipstream Kukulkan - Speed: 40/50/60/70/80% Additionally, Kukulkan cleanses himself of slows and becomes immune to Slows for 1s when activated.
    Affects only Kuku.

Speed of Light Ra - Movement Speed: 6%(18% Max) for each skill and Lifetime: 15s
    Affects only Ra.

*Repulse (Inspire) Hel - Light Movement Speed: 25% and heals
    She offer different types of utility.

*Wing Gust Isis - Movement Speed: 25% and Isis is immune to Root and Knockback effects while casting.
    Affects only Isis.

*Confusion The morrigan - Movement Speed: 20/25/30/35/40% and decoy
    Affects only The Morrigan.

*Disapparate Sol - Movement Speed: 20/25/30/35/40% and immunity.
    Affects only Sol.

Mysterious Fog Nu wa - Movement Speed: 10% and She and all allies are Stealthed while inside the fog
    Covers a quite wide area, last for long and travel for a good distance, can deal good damage, brings Stealth and Movement speed to every teammate inside and can be useful to juke and fool enemies.

That's why we are defending it.
    Because you seriously underestimate it.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Who accidentally hits the mouse button? That's one of the most out-of-place reasons for why NuWa's fog is bad that I've ever heard.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    dude, it's late, I'm tired, and I don't have enough will to give you a detailed reason about why Nu Wa fog is not the trash that you declare to be, so I'll just quote what I said back then :
    "I know that many of these MS bonuses only affect God Himself. But the percentage is much higher than Nu wa."

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Who accidentally hits the mouse button? That's one of the most out-of-place reasons for why NuWa's fog is bad that I've ever heard.
    It's a stupid reason.
    And that is why it was quoted ..
    Anything you do, anything at all, will make invisibility go away.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    It's a stupid reason.
    And that is why it was quoted ..
    Anything you do, anything at all, will make invisibility go away.
    Cough Ao Kuang Cough
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Nu wa is hard to come to agreement with her performance sense she can be very good and naturally very bad for reasons she just can't control. Nu wa is a lot like anubis for a few reasons. Nu wa when getting ganked or targeted, her methods of survival are very similar to anubis. When ever your trying to kill a anubis, your gonna get some form of retaliation because you and anubis knows that he lacks mobility. So he has no choice but to at least try. Same with nu wa she has no choice but to at least try. She has more mobility then anubis but she doesn't have effective mobility at all. But a well protected nu wa is a hand full. I feel like nu wa's fog should be reworked, it is stupid and nobody can relate to having problems with it. It's easily counterable and does nothing more then make you a easy target for poke or a gank. There is possibly no way her smoke can be useful against a team that knows what they are doing.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    There is possibly no way her smoke can be useful against a team that knows what they are doing.
    I'm going to point out that this little bit of logic is possibly the most flawed to ever appear on this forum.

Every ability has a use against "smart teams," the issue is can the player use it properly.

The biggest example of this is the "Where the fuck is their tank" issue. Say you're battling somewhere in the jungle, and you have no clue where their fed as fuck Ymir is. That man can instakill anyone on your team if he so much as touches you, so you need to be wary.
    But oh shit
    Here comes NuWa fog from around the corner.
    Now, you have one of four options:
    Attack the fog - Then run
    Attack the fog - Then possibly get attacked by a fed Ymir
    Don't attack the fog - Then run
    Don't attack the fog - Then possibly get attacked by a fed Ymir

The fog itself, since it can be applied to teammates and has no way to tell whether or not an enemy is in the fog aside from blowing your hot, sticky load all over it, is an excellent mindgame in the hands of the right player. It can easily deter "smart teams" from fighting if they did not see the beginning of the fog and have no clue where certain, powerful enemy gods are.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Nu wa is hard to come to agreement with her performance sense she can be very good and naturally very bad for reasons she just can't control. Nu wa is a lot like anubis for a few reasons. Nu wa when getting ganked or targeted, her methods of survival are very similar to anubis. When ever your trying to kill a anubis, your gonna get some form of retaliation because you and anubis knows that he lacks mobility. So he has no choice but to at least try. Same with nu wa she has no choice but to at least try. She has more mobility then anubis but she doesn't have effective mobility at all. But a well protected nu wa is a hand full. I feel like nu wa's fog should be reworked, it is stupid and nobody can relate to having problems with it. It's easily counterable and does nothing more then make you a easy target for poke or a gank. There is possibly no way her smoke can be useful against a team that knows what they are doing.
    Okay. I'll make the same comparison.
    About anubis, I agree that they both look alike. However, anubis has a passive that allows you to counterattack. If he has a lifesteal in the build, often his counterattack will kill the enemy along.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    I'm going to point out that this little bit of logic is possibly the most flawed to ever appear on this forum.

Every ability has a use against "smart teams," the issue is can the player use it properly.

The biggest example of this is the "Where the fuck is their tank" issue. Say you're battling somewhere in the jungle, and you have no clue where their fed as fuck Ymir is. That man can instakill anyone on your team if he so much as touches you, so you need to be wary.
    But oh shit
    Here comes NuWa fog from around the corner.
    Now, you have one of four options:
    Attack the fog - Then run
    Attack the fog - Then possibly get attacked by a fed Ymir
    Don't attack the fog - Then run
    Don't attack the fog - Then possibly get attacked by a fed Ymir

The fog itself, since it can be applied to teammates and has no way to tell whether or not an enemy is in the fog aside from blowing your hot, sticky load all over it, is an excellent mindgame in the hands of the right player. It can easily deter "smart teams" from fighting if they did not see the beginning of the fog and have no clue where certain, powerful enemy gods are.
    I think, in theory, this is beautiful, it looks really good.
    But in practice, this is not how it works and everyone knows it. So much so that almost no match has a Nu wa.
    If you choose her in Ranked, you're sure to hear something like
    "Nu wa no"
    "gg mid"
    "mid has no damage"

Almost all players have this idea of it. And if many think so, it is because they have a motive.

Even if it is not a smart team, even for a medium player, it is easy to hit a skill in the circle. Okay, all the team revealed.
    But, the conversation is going to one side which is not exactly what is quoted.
    The problem, to me, is the small bonus she(fog) gives and the slow speed she(fog) walks.