Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff sol slightly

Banned Prestigious
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    No one said it wasn't over the course of 10 minutes.
    True, true.

In that same time then Sol can also do 5425+775%.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Well exactly by that logic, Scylla can't deal 4000+600% to one person.
    i didn't say its damage to one person. its damage of ability by one using.

Scylla can hit her ult again each times she killed someone with it, so its up to 5 times(actually, 6 times, but after 5th hit there is no enemy gods to hit 6th hit). so it can be up to 4000+600% in one use, if you do a penta with your ult. this is not impossible, i, personaly, saw a guy did quadra with Scylla ult in one of my games.

with Sol ult things are different, you can use it once and that's all. sure, you can land it on 5 ppl, it gonna deal first hit to all of them. so we get 350+50%X5=1750+250% at least, then we get some amount of other hits landed to them and dealing 105+15% each. but the point is you never land all 8 hit to all 5 ppl. the only way you potencially could do this, its if they would be ulted by Ares and gathered in one place... but her ult AoE is too small and of course knockback gonna push them away upon first hit.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Banned Prestigious
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    i didn't say its damage to one person. its damage of ability by one using.

Scylla can hit her ult again each times she killed someone with it, so its up to 5 times(actually, 6 times, but after 5th hit there is no enemy gods to hit 6th hit). so it can be up to 4000+600% in one use, if you do a penta with your ult. this is not impossible, i, personaly, saw a guy did quadra with Scylla ult in one of my games.

with Sol ult things are different, you can use it once and that's all. sure, you can land it on 5 ppl, it gonna deal first hit to all of them. so we get 350+50%X5=1750+250% at least, then we get some amount of other hits landed to them and dealing 105+15% each. but the point is you never land all 8 hit to all 5 ppl. the only way you potencially could do this, its if they would be ulted by Ares and gathered in one place... but her ult AoE is too small and of course knockback gonna push them away upon first hit.
    But it's over 10 minutes as SeventhArchon pointed out.

Also chaining Scylla ults isn't the easiest thing either. I generally prefer using my 1+2 because it doesn't turn me into a giant target and self-CC and self-silence me.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Wow... This thread escalated in a very strange way. All because OP mentioned a completely different god as a comparison...

On Topic:

As far as Sol goes, she's playable. She puts out good burst with her 2+4. Throw in a Polynomicon and she can nuke a target down. Once every 90 seconds. Which is fine for Conquest, and lets her see play in the pro scene. It also means that she won't get the rework she deserves.

Being so heavily reliant on both Poly and her ult to actually deal damage is super lame, but it does make her usable even if her AA's are garbage and she only has 1 offensive skill.

Meanwhile we have her passive taunting us with the idea of being able to AA worth a damn, her 1 taunts us into thinking we can box and her 3 taunts us with the notion that we might be able to chase someone down.

However, all of that is wrong. Due to how everything is designed in literally the worst possible way, it leaves Sol as merely a 2 spamming ult bot.

Which is then outperformed by most other Mages, add in things like Scylla getting more affinity with Poly because of achieving higher power levels (Despite Sol's power boosting passive), in addition to other Mages having more than 1 damaging basic ability (Or one that deal much more damage than Sol's - For example, Sol's 2 does 320 + 70%. Janus' 2 does 370 + 70% and can deal an additional 99 + 21% with the second orb hitting. Throw in 15% (5% for second orb) more scaling from his passive and maybe an extra 60 (18 for second orb) base damage from Threshold and his "Single" damaging basic is way outperforming Sol) and there's really no actual reason to warrant picking Sol.

But again, because she works in Conquest at a pro level where it's generally a bunch of "Wait until ults are up before doing anything" so she can lob her entire kit at someone and hope to secure a kill, she's unlikely to be given the attention she deserves considering she's outclassed and outgunned by pretty much every other mage.

Lets not even get started on the most retarded comparison, Chronos...

Sol gets her 320 + 70% skill and her ult. Oh, and if she stacks her heat she gets 30% attack speed.

Chronos gets a 260 + 80% Time Rift (With 5s CD), 260 + 80% with a slowdown + stun with Stop Time and then gets 35% more scaling on his AA's + 35% attack speed + 25-45% movement speed with his Accelerate. Alternatively, he can use his Accelerate for 10.5% of his max health (Not current, MAX), or get Sol's passive magic power boost to poke with abilities...

Oh, yeah, and don't forget. He now gets power every 2 minutes because he really needed buffs. Sol meanwhile... Still hasn't even been "Compensated" for losing Freetalis like Chronos did like what? A week after he lost it? Then the week after that? Then a few weeks later he got another compensation alongside Sol's QoL fix?
    Last edited by Relanah; 10-01-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    the funny thing: Barraccudda played Sol a lot, even in SWC 2016. but after her last nerf when she lost fatalis, he didn't make a sigle video with Sol gameplay on his channel, regardles he making videos offten enough. isn't this fact shows how hard that nerf hit her?

and btw

But it's over 10 minutes as SeventhArchon pointed out.
    he can talk whatever he want, we talking about damage this ability can do. when you compare abilities, you compare damage it can do in one use, not over 10 min.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Banned Prestigious
    Achievements:
    the funny thing: Barraccudda played Sol a lot, even in SWC 2016. but after her last nerf when she lost fatalis, he didn't make a sigle video with Sol gameplay on his channel, regardles he making videos offten enough. isn't this fact shows how hard that nerf hit her?

and btw

he can talk whatever he want, we talking about damage this ability can do. when you compare abilities, you compare damage it can do in one use, not over 10 min.
    Then 4000+600% is quite a bit rarer than your 8 hits on 1 god 1085+155%, so it makes sense.

And no, it just means she isn't really an ADC anymore, more like a burst mage.

Achievements:
    And no, it just means she isn't really an ADC anymore, more like a burst mage.
    and this is the point. she isn't burst mage either...
    my YouTube channel

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,379
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    She kinda is cuz you still die to 2+4
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Banned Prestigious
    Achievements:
    Her 2 is burst.

Her ult is burst.

Her 1 buffs her thru passive plus heals and keeps melees off of her.

Her 3 is an escape that can theoretically do damage, and also gives her total immunity after a windup.

Idk seems pretty bursty with some utility to me.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I dont know why this is even a debate. The amount of mages that tower over sol is proof she is booty does not matter if she is decent. When good towers over decent, decent becomes booty and good stays the same.