Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff sol slightly

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Buff sol slightly

Can sol get a slight buff? As I play nothing but mage, I realize that she is one of the gods thAt has the least amount of damage. Scylla, chang’e And most of the other mages have good damage. Literally with one ability you’re Health is already low af when they hit you but with sol you basically have to rely on basic attack because her abilities doesn’t do a lot of damage. Sculls over here doing 600 damage when she stuns you on top of 900 when she throws her stuff . I think sol does about maybe 300-500 maybe.. she needs a little more damage

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Petitely View Post
    Can sol get a slight buff? As I play nothing but mage, I realize that she is one of the gods thAt has the least amount of damage. Scylla, chang’e And most of the other mages have good damage. Literally with one ability you’re Health is already low af when they hit you but with sol you basically have to rely on basic attack because her abilities doesn’t do a lot of damage. Sculls over here doing 600 damage when she stuns you on top of 900 when she throws her stuff . I think sol does about maybe 300-500 maybe.. she needs a little more damage
    She's meant to be adc Mage so she is supposed to rely on basic attacks. If you don't believe me check her passive.

Achievements:
    Seriously? That sucks. I mean I have no problem with her hitting her basic but man I wish she did a little more dmg

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobare View Post
    She's meant to be adc Mage so she is supposed to rely on basic attacks. If you don't believe me check her passive.
    Only she doesnt rely on basic attacks i mean she was suppose to rely but HiRez kinda failed with Sol being aa Mage so shes actually better if you build her as full power based not aa based
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Sol needs a rework.

Her kit was meant to be AA based but the reality is ability based is more effective. If i see 2 Sols in a game the one with ability dmg always deals more dmg. AA based Sol is also one of the weakest gods in early game you can have.

I am pretty sure our personal forum Sol main will also find this thread and will add something to the topic.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Achievements:
    In all honestly, I was gonna say a rework too but didn’t want people saying “sol is good if you build her this way blah blah.” Im not saying she isn’t good but there are way better mages.. I mean imo she is one of the weakest mages compared to majority of the mages. I think she needs to be a abilities based god.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Petitely View Post
    Scylla has a stun? Since when?

Scylla does 320 + 90%. She gets 100 free power.

Sol does 320 + 70%. She gets 25% free power (with 450 base power that gives her 112.5 power)

-----

Scylla does more, but.

Sol has 4 damaging abilities.

Sol has true damage immunity and two CC immunities in her kit. She can go through Odin's wall too so equal to Scylla there.

Scylla has an escape.

Sol has 1900 HP, while Scylla has 1725.

Sol's ult can do up to 1085 + 155% Damage and has CC on it.

Scylla does: 1380 + 285%

Sol does: 1600 + 345%

Sol also has a much easier to apply and better slow than Scylla, although she doesn't have hard CC out of her ult.

Sol has a heal.

Sol's full damage is harder to confirm but the potential is there. If we include all 8 hits of her ult she actually does 2335 + 450%. To do the same Scylla needs to hit an average of 2.5 ults per ult.

----

I think Scylla may be slightly better than Sol but not enough to warrant Sol being buffed. Sol definitely has more utility at the cost of less CC and damage, but her auto attacks are also MUCH better than Scylla's.

Also, I feel like Sol's 2 is easier to hit than Scylla's 2. Her 1 can also be used more effectively as an Anti-assassin self-aoe than Scylla's 2.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,042
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Sol is in such a weird spot. When introduced we had all these totally OP adc mage items. Now there ain't any left. Sol really fell between two metas so to speak. I wish they pumped up her passive a lot somehow. Or change the 1 to add dmg on autos. Who knows maybe she will go and get OP like this. Since poly is still left you can make her work like that but I think its a shame somehow given how you could play her in the past.

Sols full damage rotation lol. Are you trying to compare sol and scylla full dmg potential? To land all ticks from 1 and ult to even coming close to match scylla. You likely get no more then 2 ticks from 1 and dmg on three is also far from given. What does scylla need to do to land her full dmg combo? Hit her 1? What does sol need to do? Keep a target in place for like 6seconds to land all ticks and also force them to walk on her tail, meaning she needs to stand in the middle of the battle. Sols 2+3 is safer to land then scyllas kit that is all she has over scylla really. Scylla poos all over sol when it comes to dmg and utility for team, but yeah I'd argue sol is slightly safer.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Scylla has a stun? Since when?
    i guess he mean root.

Scylla does 320 + 90%. She gets 100 free power.

Sol does 320 + 70%. She gets 25% free power (with 450 base power that gives her 112.5 power)

-----

Scylla does more, but.

Sol has 4 damaging abilities.
    first of all, Scylla have 80 free power, other 20 comes from tahuti...

secondly, if you can use math, you will see, that Scylla 2 does more, than Sol 2 with any possible build. so, her passive with that 25% free power isn't argument here at all.

in third, 4 damaging abilities? did you mean 2? because her 1 deals damage to enemy gods nearly never. and her 3 deal damage only to idiots, who doesn't watch their steps(that's why i all ways talking, that removing stun from this ability was a mistake, because if enemy take this, he fkn deserve it), literaly any player with smallest amount of brain can avoid it.

Scylla have 3 damageing ability. and all of them can be used on purpose, not by enemy's mistake.

Sol has true damage immunity and two CC immunities in her kit.
    same as few more gods in this game, except they all more effective for thier roles, than Sol

She can go through Odin's wall too so equal to Scylla there.
    except Scylla do it instantly, while Sol can easily die in that 3 sec before she actually can pass through it.

anyway, this isn't argument too. there is a lot of gods in this game, who can escape from Odin ult...

Sol has 1900 HP, while Scylla has 1725.
    lol, this is not an advantage, this is exactly because she can't burst ppl to death like other mages, so she have to finish them with aa. this and having no hard cc means she have to stay in fight longer and be closer to enemy in order to get a kill. having same hp as other mages would make her unable to kill ppl at all, she would die faster...

and there are mages with even higher hp, such as Freya, Raijin, Hades(he was a guardian, but, nvm).

Sol's ult can do up to 1085 + 155% Damage and has CC on it.
    Scylla ult can deal up to 4000+600%, read her ult discription.

not to mention, that so called "CC" in Sol ult screw yourself up most of the times by saving enemies from your ult...

Scylla does: 1380 + 285%

Sol does: 1600 + 345%
    and again, like half of this damage never gonna be dealt at all, because of what i wrote above...

Sol also has a much easier to apply and better slow than Scylla, although she doesn't have hard CC out of her ult.
    do you want to discuss what ability is easier to land, Sol 2 or Scylla 2? do you realy want this? ok...

Scylla 2 can be used through walls, minions, any other shit, while Sol 2 get blocked by everything. you don't have to be in a line of sight to use Scylla 2, while enemy allways can see you before you use Sol 2.

now about slow itself. Sol 2 slows by 35% for 1.5 sec. Scylla 2 slows by 30% for all the time it stay, which is up to 5 sec, and also at max rank it slows for additional 1 sec after it hit a target. so we got 35% for 1.5 sec against 30% for up to 6 sec...

Sol has a heal.
    a selfheal, this is not the same. and this is exactly because she isn't that bursty as other mages, so she need some sustain to be able to stay in a fight long enough to kill someone.

Sol's full damage is harder to confirm but the potential is there. If we include all 8 hits of her ult she actually does 2335 + 450%. To do the same Scylla needs to hit an average of 2.5 ults per ult.
    and Sol need at least 1 idiot in enemy team to deal that damage...

I think Scylla may be slightly better than Sol but not enough to warrant Sol being buffed.
    a fact, that one god is better, than another never warrant any god get buffed. Smite is not a game of two gods...

Sol definitely has more utility at the cost of less CC and damage,
    lets talk about this more? what utility Sol exactly have?

usefull cc for team? no.
    healing? no.
    some buffs for team? no.
    some usefull debuffs? no.
    something to make team rotate over the mape better, like Janus portals? no.
    something for vision over the map, like Scylla 3, aka. free ward, or AMC hives, that makes you see when enemy destroy it? no.
    some arura? no.

so, what utility does she have?

but her auto attacks are also MUCH better than Scylla's.
    may be its because:

- Sol was originaly designed to be magical ADC
    - she need her aa to maintain her passive
    - having only one effective non-ult damageing ability means Sol have to finish her target by aa
    - Scylla don't need strong aa, she do great with abilities. late game she just twoshots ppl without even ult. having strong aa for her would be too good.

Also, I feel like Sol's 2 is easier to hit than Scylla's 2.
    i allready told its not...

Her 1 can also be used more effectively as an Anti-assassin self-aoe than Scylla's 2.
    someday i gonna die by laughing when reading things like this...

seriously? may be you forgot, that Scylla 2 has twice bigger radius, deal all damage instantly, not tick based, slow target and hit harder? right now literaly noone cares about Sol 1 damage, any assasin can kill you faster, than her 1 gonna hit all 3 times...

P.S. i love to read posts like this, when ppl at all seriousness compare two gods with completely different playstile and purposes they were originaly designed for.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 09-30-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    You completely miss my points.

Sol's 2 IS easier to hit. It has a faster travelling time than Scylla's 2 and doesn't need a doubleclick.

Scylla's slow is for 1 sec, not 6. If you don't pop it instantly in 99% of cases you're not doing damage because mobility.

Sol has a better slow because it's stronger, lasts longer, and is harder to avoid.

Sol ult does 30% of the original damage for the 7 other hits on the same target btw, how did you not know that?

----

Against Assassins, good luck ever popping Scylla 2 under you. CC will keep you dead long before you can pop it.

Sol can put her 2 down, giving her small healing and also instantly damaging enemies on top of her. Scylla needs to be able to pop it, if you get CC chained good luck.
    What do I put here now?