Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: More CC counter items.

  1. #11
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    ability to avoid CC is based on skill. Dont look for changing the game to compensate for lack of skill. (if this was throwing shots then it is what it is because it is the truth.)


    This is my home

  2. #12
    Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Usa, Johnstown PA
    Posts
    1,548
    9
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    ability to avoid CC is based on skill. Dont look for changing the game to compensate for lack of skill. (if this was throwing shots then it is what it is because it is the truth.)
    the issue here being with this being such a CC driven meta right now...often you can't avoid those CC abilities because you are getting hit with so many in a short time frame.

    Sure you could use some relic to help, but in the long run...more often than not, you will get killed by those CC abilities.

    CCR is the only other thing that can help and given how things sit...they would be better off just removing CCR entirely since it does jack all
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

  3. #13
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    ability to avoid CC is based on skill. Dont look for changing the game to compensate for lack of skill. (if this was throwing shots then it is what it is because it is the truth.)
    Ability to avoid CC is based on having Beads up or not. Since there are plenty of unavoidable CC abilities in the game, to be followed up by ones that can actually be avoided if you have skill.

    Literally the only "Skill" you can do to avoid CC, is stay in fountain all game...

    EVERY god has CC, much of it is easy to apply. Hence why beads are so important. Why people draft "Beads burner" ults and why those are called "Beads burner" (I.e. Because its huge AoE guaranteed CC that forces beads)

    If you're so high any mighty with your skill, why haven't I seen you in pro play? Surely, if you're so skilled you can avoid all CC unlike LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PRO IN THE ENTIRE GAME, then why aren't you hard carrying a team through tournaments?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Ability to avoid CC is based on having Beads up or not. Since there are plenty of unavoidable CC abilities in the game, to be followed up by ones that can actually be avoided if you have skill.

    Literally the only "Skill" you can do to avoid CC, is stay in fountain all game...

    EVERY god has CC, much of it is easy to apply. Hence why beads are so important. Why people draft "Beads burner" ults and why those are called "Beads burner" (I.e. Because its huge AoE guaranteed CC that forces beads)

    If you're so high any mighty with your skill, why haven't I seen you in pro play? Surely, if you're so skilled you can avoid all CC unlike LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PRO IN THE ENTIRE GAME, then why aren't you hard carrying a team through tournaments?
    whats the point of putting your load of frustration from my comment on me when i didnt judge anybody or even myself. In no way shape or form did i put myself on a higher pedistal form anybody else. I simply said avoiding CC is strictly based on skill. There are many factors that go in weather you will get hit by strong CC abilities such ass position and communication with your team. and proper retaliation. Or simply bluffing your nerve. It is easy to complain about getting HIT by CC. But nobody wants to talk about the things that they did to get into that situation. These like this should be on a venting thread not a thread of conversation on the item feedback section. Sense obviously nobody wants to talk about the things that they have done to get themselves in a situation to get flooded by the different claims of "OP CC abilities".


    This is my home

  5. #15
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    ability to avoid CC is based on skill. Dont look for changing the game to compensate for lack of skill. (if this was throwing shots then it is what it is because it is the truth.)
    Such a load of bollocks.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  6. #16
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    I simply said avoiding CC is strictly based on skill..
    Which is you simply saying a load of bollocks.

    There's very little skillwise that can be done to avoid CC, because of the high volume of easy to land CC.

    Like, you talk about positioning and communication with your team, but what skill in there is going to stop you getting hit by CC from say a Hun Batz who teleports into your face (With Blink or his Sacred Monkey) and drops Fear No Evil?

    Or a Sobek who plucks you?

    Or Poseidon who drops a Whirlpool on your feet?

    Or a Cabrakan who Walrus Runs at you and is completely immune to most forms of CC?

    Etc.

    At the moment, the only skill based play against CC is to use beads quickly. This separates the pros from the newbs. Being able to recognize and react to that Fear No Evil after less than half a second is way better than the guy who only realizes he can escape it after 1 second or more and so has been rendered helpless for much longer.

    However, when Beads are down, literally the only thing that can and is done to avoid CC, is to avoid enemy gods.

    This is seen quite a lot in pro play when players will play super passive and basically tower hug when their beads are down, because they know, if they step out, they're gonna get hit by CC chains and die with nothing to be done about it.

    There is nothing skillful about that, it's just accepting the fact that the game literally relies on having Beads in order to not be destroyed by any half decent player. Heck, sometimes this isn't even all that effective, as things like Taunts, Pulls and other such displacement CC can bring you out from under your towers and make you an easy kill again.

    So no, keep your BS about "Avoiding CC is purely based on skill", it's not based on reality. There's only a handful of CC's that can be regularly avoided by skill. But at the same time, those same CC's can also be regularly LANDED by utilizing skill. Which means the only thing left is Beads? You got 'em or not?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Creation
    Posts
    2,154
    11
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    7
    Gaia was way OP cause it totally negated some Gods CC but not all Gods CC.

    The mantle cloak thing that gives cc immune is pretty shit. If it didn't proc on slows and silences I think people would get it more.

    This is a game of CC though, if you over extend so much that you can get CC to death the mistake is yours. Beads is there for the one save or the one kill every so often. I think beads and aegis are kinda balanced as it is. But I also enjoy the thought of having no relics in this game. Beads and aegis do not need buffs though it would make the game way more stale and passive.
    Rocking the boat

  8. #18
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Gaia was way OP cause it totally negated some Gods CC but not all Gods CC.

    The mantle cloak thing that gives cc immune is pretty shit. If it didn't proc on slows and silences I think people would get it more.

    This is a game of CC though, if you over extend so much that you can get CC to death the mistake is yours. Beads is there for the one save or the one kill every so often. I think beads and aegis are kinda balanced as it is. But I also enjoy the thought of having no relics in this game. Beads and aegis do not need buffs though it would make the game way more stale and passive.
    To be fair the OP was asking for more anti cc items, not relics or relic buffs, and frankly I agree with them. A while back I suggested changing reinforced boots\greaves to negate roots or cripples. Given the volume of cc potentially available it makes sense to provide counter options outside of the current paltry offerings.

    That said of course there is the potential of another gaia scenario, one that I had posted about long before its changes were reverted to something less of nigh core item due to its ability to negate ults and core aspects of a gods kit for a very low price. There are many items that are barely relevant, giving players more to factor into a build based off of enemy comp is not a bad thing, it prevents cookie cutter builds and players feeling the game is stale due to same items and comps appearing over and over.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  9. #19
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Which is you simply saying a load of bollocks.

    There's very little skillwise that can be done to avoid CC, because of the high volume of easy to land CC.

    Like, you talk about positioning and communication with your team, but what skill in there is going to stop you getting hit by CC from say a Hun Batz who teleports into your face (With Blink or his Sacred Monkey) and drops Fear No Evil?

    Or a Sobek who plucks you?

    Or Poseidon who drops a Whirlpool on your feet?

    Or a Cabrakan who Walrus Runs at you and is completely immune to most forms of CC?

    Etc.

    At the moment, the only skill based play against CC is to use beads quickly. This separates the pros from the newbs. Being able to recognize and react to that Fear No Evil after less than half a second is way better than the guy who only realizes he can escape it after 1 second or more and so has been rendered helpless for much longer.

    However, when Beads are down, literally the only thing that can and is done to avoid CC, is to avoid enemy gods.

    This is seen quite a lot in pro play when players will play super passive and basically tower hug when their beads are down, because they know, if they step out, they're gonna get hit by CC chains and die with nothing to be done about it.

    There is nothing skillful about that, it's just accepting the fact that the game literally relies on having Beads in order to not be destroyed by any half decent player. Heck, sometimes this isn't even all that effective, as things like Taunts, Pulls and other such displacement CC can bring you out from under your towers and make you an easy kill again.

    So no, keep your BS about "Avoiding CC is purely based on skill", it's not based on reality. There's only a handful of CC's that can be regularly avoided by skill. But at the same time, those same CC's can also be regularly LANDED by utilizing skill. Which means the only thing left is Beads? You got 'em or not?
    There is no CC in the game that just can't be avoided. If you tower hug because your scared to get flooded with CC then the first thing I take note is your shit at positioning yourself. If you put yourself in a situation where hun batz has the nerve to jump on you to ult you then 1. Your escape is down 2. Your somewhere by yourself 3. Your reaction time is awful. 4. Your a easy target Poseidon world pool is easy to juke to get the least amount of punishment. Sobke seriously? Sobek is so easy to juke. Smite is a strategy game use strategy to your advantages. If your tower hugging when beads are down then you need to learn how to have awareness. Ward. Utilize your escape. And counter build. Don't cry about something that only screams your skill level. When your playing it's not only the enemies that have all the potential the god that your playing has advantages to. Learn to find them and use it..

  10. #20
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    There is no CC in the game that just can't be avoided.
    Yeah, there's beads. Otherwise, nah.

    Or are you saying that pro's are bad at the game since they need to rely on Beads?

    If you tower hug because your scared to get flooded with CC then the first thing I take note is your shit at positioning yourself. If you put yourself in a situation where hun batz has the nerve to jump on you to ult you then 1. Your escape is down 2. Your somewhere by yourself 3. Your reaction time is awful. 4. Your a easy target
    Again, this is me talking about how the PROS play the game. They towerhug to avoid CC chains from ganks when their beads are down.

    Your escape is down/reaction time is awful/somewhere by yourself... FOR FUCKING HUN BATZ ULT? The instant cast big AoE CC?


    Ward. Utilize your escape. And counter build. Don't cry about something that only screams your skill level.
    Ahh yes, my skill level. When I reference the best players of the game and their playing habits.

    Great argument there. I see how you got such a high reputation /s

    When your playing it's not only the enemies that have all the potential the god that your playing has advantages to. Learn to find them and use it..
    Yeah, I know my advantages. I know when to use it, when I have beads up so don't instantly get CC'd and killed while trying to set up a CC chain to kill someone.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •