Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is the game dying or has matchmaking changed?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Smite isn't dead, 3v3 ranked is.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Smite isn't dead, 3v3 ranked is.
    Pretty much that
    I mean, not to be rude but no one likes it as a competitive aside cheesing ez wins for the skin stuff

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    3v3 is pretty terrible because, you know, you get matched with premades. Like... what happened to you. People don't play it because you'd have to be fucked in the head to solo queue for it and very few people run around with a serious 3's team and if you only have 2 then you're just getting one of those fucked solo players that doesn't know better yet.

plus its cheese ball alley.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 352
    No we can't have more skins! That's there excuse for not fixing MM! lol

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Its pretty simple.

Solo should be matched with solo, group with group, especially in ranked.

Otherwise all you end up with is the solo people leaving as they are matched against premades the majority of the time, which then leaves a massive deficit in the availability of people queuing. It doesn't matter if the game is good, or if X skin is awesome or whatever, the feeling of being arbitrarily fucked over by expedient matchmaking will always put people off and keep them away.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    What they need to do first is attract the people who love mythology like me.
    It was a long, hard road playing as a beginner in Smite since matchmaking is really ugly. You get paired up against post level 30s.
    But then I stuck with the game because I love mythology.

How will they attract mythology lovers?
    1. First, they need to get rid or stop creating unimportant goddesses like Bellona or non-gods like Cerberus and Scylla. I mean, if interesting kits would go to someone like Set, Horus or the Jade Emperor, no one would be complaining.
    2. They need to be more true to their source material like give Apollo a bow or make Bastet more cat-like.

I mean, some people would say "I don't care about mythology" but truth be told, just because some vocal minority don't doesn't mean everyone doesn't. There are people who do and it could expand their playerbase. There's no harm in doing otherwise.
    Last edited by LiamX; 11-03-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't know much about mythology other than the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian. I also know very few gods from other pantheons but that's because of their popularity in mainstream pop culture. Smite has introduced me to a whole lot of gods/goddesses, Demi-gods,etc. that I wouldn't normally have known. It's very interesting and to a certain extent educational learning about these gods.

On topic though, matchmaking is so awful. It puts 2 pre-made groups together on one team and a whole bunch of solo queue-ers on another (usually on my team). And it also doesn't put into consideration the prestige levels of each player. Matchmaking would dump low levels on one team and higher levels on another which makes matches very lopsided and not fun. I might as well just play practice mode.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.