Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked Arena

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Just one question though.

How is it even possible to die 20 times in 20 minutes? Lmao.

Even the feeders I get only die 14-15 times and I think they're superhumanly retarded.
    What do I put here now?

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Just one question though.

How is it even possible to die 20 times in 20 minutes? Lmao.

Even the feeders I get only die 14-15 times and I think they're superhumanly retarded.
    Play Thanatos or Loki and basically ult to enemy base and chase kills. It's so easy that I question the feeder's mental state.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JA70330 View Post
    Arena ranked would only be a display of skill if it was a 5v5 mode, with actual co-ordination.
    Only the people playing decide if there's coordination or not. I could easily make the point that many Conquest games are uncoordinated, even in the pro scene. It's actually much easier to coordinate when everyone's close together from start to finish.

But then arises the problem of queue times and demand.
    Demand is not even in question, based on the number of "what about Ranked Arena" threads we see on a regular basis. We've already established that queue times is just another excuse. Ranked Joust presented the same problem and obviously it wasn't big enough to worry.

Also if you want ranked arena, sure. Just dont say that X should be balance because its OP in ranked arena, because conquest balance still take priority. I play EVERY mode, and I know that if ranked arena is introduced, people will clamour for changes to gods that are OP in arena, which just wont happen unless hi rez splits balance.
    No one in this thread has suggested balancing the game around Arena. Thanks for the heads up though.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Play Thanatos or Loki and basically ult to enemy base and chase kills. It's so easy that I question the feeder's mental state.
    But that doesn't help you win.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    That's just a preconceived notion. I have played both Arena, Joust, Ranked Joust, Conquest, and Ranked Conquest and wouldn't mind seeing a Ranked Arena.

No it won't be bigger than Ranked Conquest, but saying that's the sole reason why is kinda...eh.

The Meta for Ranked Joust hasn't changed for an entire season and a half, probably longer. It's still the same 6-8 gods banned and more or less first picked. I can't speak for Duel simply because I don't play it but I haven't heard anything relatively spicey in terms of meta changes.
    Just a grammar thing: you cant use the word both and list more than 2 things.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi.

Actually it is what we're discussing.

We want a Ranked Arena that's fixed so it's not like it was 4 years ago. Not repeating mistakes and all that shit.
    oh ok.

So you are agreeing that Ranked Arena would suck!

I totally agree!

A revised arena would definitely need to come in order for there to be a ranked mode.

If you're not really into Smite anymore then why are you interfering on an issue that won't affect you?
    1. I am taking a break.

2. I am not interfering. I am discussing.

3. Why would it not affect me? I was a player of SMITE. I am a player of SMITE. I will be a player of SMITE.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 09-29-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    The fact my points in previous page still stands.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Just a grammar thing: you cant use the word both and list more than 2 things.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi.

oh ok.

So you are agreeing that Ranked Arena would suck!

I totally agree!

A revised arena would definitely need to come in order for there to be a ranked mode.

1. I am taking a break.

2. I am not interfering. I am discussing.

3. Why would it not affect me? I was a player of SMITE. I am a player of SMITE. I will be a player of SMITE.
    No one is suggesting an identical Ranked Arena. No one.

Yes it needs changes and literally all in favor of R. Arena have already agreed on that long ago, so that isn't a point against having it.
    What do I put here now?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Epeen's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Alright I'm going to make this short and sweet so I can throw my viewpoint into the mix.

Rank Arena in the beginning did not make it as an official mode because queue times were horrid for waiting up to 15 to 30 minutes of total wait time. Fast forward today in 2017 and we see an increase in the playerbase spread out towards all modes from Clash to Assault to Arena. The problem however is that Conquest is still the staple mode for overall balance and e-sports.

No, Arena is not Conquest. Both modes are different with different objectives with the following points.

Arena focuses on more of a PvP aspect compared to Conquest while Conquest is both PvE and PvP. Kills doesn't attribute to score towards winning other than obtaining more gold to get ahead of your enemies. Additional objectives like Gold Fury and Fire Giant are a staple to objective controlling in Conquest.

In Arena you focus on two aspects: Getting minions to the gate or killing players for points.

The thing people are not afraid of Arena being a dominant mode in the world of rank. It's the dumbasses that plague the mode that will get their mode, but continuously bitch about how certain Gods are unbalanced.

Hi Rez focuses on Conquest as the factor of overall balance, but having an additional mode for Rank detracts the balance team since they would have to balance for that mode as well. Riot has tried before and gave up.

Balance is a subjective and purely opinionated field where people have different views, but as the game progresses the true factor is always data. Data rules over how balance is met. Having perma-bans for certain Gods won't stop the bitching from actual plague bearers that want nothing more than easy games with the Gods they main.

You want to know the true motive why some folks want a rank Arena mode? It's so they can feel good about themselves about being terrible in a game while playing nothing more a 1 v 5 kill fest every time I play casually. If going 18/20/8 is good enough for people in a Arena game for both my team and the enemy then it shows a larger problem in Arena than what most Arena mains fail to see.

It inhibits an increased psychological phase to where being Diamond or Masters in Arena Rank would give bad players that for say got carried in Conquest Rank to believe they are better and should be taken seriously. I've seen enough bullshit on here to literally make a entire seven book novel series equal to Harry Potter.

I mean honestly I've seen people brag about their skill in Arena, but continuously complain about a God balanced in Conquest. It's that abhorrent reality where they refuse to adapt to the game and just bitch and bitch and bitch about how they can't get a large boner for every kill they didn't get. That's how bad I see Arena because every trogoladite I play with focuses so much on 1 v 5 aspect of the game I retch in a bath of bleach larger than my hot tub.

Queue times for Conquest before any other mode existed were 30 minutes or more yet somehow it survived. Casual Arena has the largest population of any mode in Smite.

What I have learned from this post.

A) You are concerned with bitching

B) The difference between Arena and Conquest ( thank you so much for your insight )

C) You are concerned that Arena players would feel good about themselves if they had a ranked mode ( which they should not because they suck)

D) You are concerned with bitching

E) You are concerned with the psychological effects of Arena players taking themselves seriously ( because only Conquest players should do that)

F) You want to write Harry Potter books

G) You are concerned with bitching

H) You are concerned that the balance team might be overwhelmed if they have to take time away from balancing other modes ( like Joust )

I) Arena players are dumbasses and they will undoubtedly bitch about balance ( because no one else does or ever has in Smite)

Achievements:
    Alright I'm going to make this short and sweet so I can throw my viewpoint into the mix.

Rank Arena in the beginning did not make it as an official mode because queue times were horrid for waiting up to 15 to 30 minutes of total wait time. Fast forward today in 2017 and we see an increase in the playerbase spread out towards all modes from Clash to Assault to Arena. The problem however is that Conquest is still the staple mode for overall balance and e-sports.

No, Arena is not Conquest. Both modes are different with different objectives with the following points.

Arena focuses on more of a PvP aspect compared to Conquest while Conquest is both PvE and PvP. Kills doesn't attribute to score towards winning other than obtaining more gold to get ahead of your enemies. Additional objectives like Gold Fury and Fire Giant are a staple to objective controlling in Conquest.

In Arena you focus on two aspects: Getting minions to the gate or killing players for points.

The thing people are not afraid of Arena being a dominant mode in the world of rank. It's the dumbasses that plague the mode that will get their mode, but continuously bitch about how certain Gods are unbalanced.

Hi Rez focuses on Conquest as the factor of overall balance, but having an additional mode for Rank detracts the balance team since they would have to balance for that mode as well. Riot has tried before and gave up.

Balance is a subjective and purely opinionated field where people have different views, but as the game progresses the true factor is always data. Data rules over how balance is met. Having perma-bans for certain Gods won't stop the bitching from actual plague bearers that want nothing more than easy games with the Gods they main.

You want to know the true motive why some folks want a rank Arena mode? It's so they can feel good about themselves about being terrible in a game while playing nothing more a 1 v 5 kill fest every time I play casually. If going 18/20/8 is good enough for people in a Arena game for both my team and the enemy then it shows a larger problem in Arena than what most Arena mains fail to see.

It inhibits an increased psychological phase to where being Diamond or Masters in Arena Rank would give bad players that for say got carried in Conquest Rank to believe they are better and should be taken seriously. I've seen enough bullshit on here to literally make a entire seven book novel series equal to Harry Potter.

I mean honestly I've seen people brag about their skill in Arena, but continuously complain about a God balanced in Conquest. It's that abhorrent reality where they refuse to adapt to the game and just bitch and bitch and bitch about how they can't get a large boner for every kill they didn't get. That's how bad I see Arena because every trogoladite I play with focuses so much on 1 v 5 aspect of the game I retch in a bath of bleach larger than my hot tub.
    Your condescending and assuming tone is not appreciated. Also, I think you already wrote a seven book novel series of bullshit equal to Harry Potter. Right here in this post.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Also, really?

True, but considering Ranked Arena would barely affect anyone but Casual Arena, then it'd affect him even less.

Who knows XD maybe Season 5 Conquest changes will suck and Hirez will fuck up and drive everyone away from Conquest.

Then they can make Arena the pro scene.

And I can be world champion.

Yay!

Ahh just ignore the last bit, my imagination can go haywire sometimes.

A girl can dream.
    Minus rep this post why? xD.

dont base your actions on "dreams".
    What's wrong with dreaming?

Dude, I'm a writer of fantasy fiction. Dreaming is what I do more than breathing. I'm in my imagination more than you are awake. So hush.
    What do I put here now?