Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    THIS right here could actually be interesting
    simple as that you have 3 options to make the mode not a stall/camp fest
    -Objective
    -First to X
    -Timer

I honestly really would like to see a combination of Timer+First to X however, since that would make the first set time mode in SMITE
    And First to X forces aggressive along a set time to get ahead/Force snowball

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Arena should still have a point system. Let's go with 500 Points as it is now as the target.
    There should be no minions and no jungle monsters. The only way to get back into base is by dying.

There is no Gold Gain in Arena, everyone is able to freely pick 4 Items of their choice at any point of the game and relics are free to upgrade. Also no EXP, everyone starts and remains at level 15.

The first team to reach 500 points wins.

Points can be earned in multiple ways.

Getting player kills.
    Getting impressive player kills and/or other feeds (Double Kills, Revenge Kills, Deicides)

A team also gains points for as long as they stand in the centre of the arena, thus in the centre of attraction for the audience. This circle should be a bit bigger than the circle you can have around the four central pillars. Points are gained only for the team that has the advantage number wise over the enemy team and the point gain is as high as the numeral advantage.

Say one team holds the middle circle with all 5 members while two enemy gods are trying to fight them, the first team will earn 3 points at a time interval.

Every 50 to 75 points earned between both teams, something will happen in the arena to get the crowd even more excited.

Something like Monsters and Titans appearing on the Map that attack enemies on both sides in some way, causing chaos on the map but can grant small or even great benefits to whoever exploits them.

Fire Giant
    He appears and randomly aggroes all players on the map, using his attacks all over the Map while staying static in the middle of the map. You can exploit the damage he deals to your advantage and pick targets off. The team that slays him gets a nerfed version of his buff. Also a couple of points as a bonus

PaoLao
    A PaoLao appears at the centre of the map, pulling in all players withing it's range and dealing damage to them.

Nemean Lion(s)
    A horde of lions and Bastet Cats appear from the side lines and attack everyone in their sight. Killing one of those grants points as well.

Basilisks
    Appear on the sidelines as well and basicly behave the same, but every now and then, they use an attack that turns players to stone.

Just brainstorming how I would imagine an interesting actually PVP Centric Arena with some very slight PVE elements that actually influence the PVP Situations.
    Welp, that'll definitely benefit some gods and punish others (@level 15, 4 items only. Rip Scylla 2017).

In which case I'd prefer normal Arena because it benefits me more. Maybe we can have two Arenas, or that one can be the Ranked, "HardCore" version.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Welp, that'll definitely benefit some gods and punish others (@level 15, 4 items only. Rip Scylla 2017).

In which case I'd prefer normal Arena because it benefits me more. Maybe we can have two Arenas, or that one can be the Ranked, "HardCore" version.
    Scylla will miss out on 40 power, 35% MS on her ultimate and whatever benefit her 3 gives at max rank. She will live. She also benefits from enemy gods having limited options when it comes to protections.

The only thing that I am not sure about is how healers would have to be treated in that scenario. Fucking healers, they ruin all the good things, always.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Scylla will miss out on 40 power, 35% MS on her ultimate and whatever benefit her 3 gives at max rank. She will live. She also benefits from enemy gods having limited options when it comes to protections.

The only thing that I am not sure about is how healers would have to be treated in that scenario. Fucking healers, they ruin all the good things, always.
    The two itemslots imo are more important. Poly or CDR is necessary, but with 4 items you lose a buttload of power or pen if you build it.
    What do I put here now?

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,175
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    could just up the gold and experience spool and take minions out of the mix entirely. I'd enjoy the side elements that rodin said, nemean lion, firegiant, etc. Would make it actually feel like an arena lol.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    could just up the gold and experience spool and take minions out of the mix entirely. I'd enjoy the side elements that rodin said, nemean lion, firegiant, etc. Would make it actually feel like an arena lol.
    Yeah, I'd like having those neutral aggressive enemies to force fighting on them. Unlike other modes these will actively attack anyone who goes nearby them, making it more likely for them to be fought over. (they can provide minor-moderate buffs a-la crowd cheering)

What I disagree with is the level 15 4 items thingy.

I think an interesting idea if we go with no base heal or backing (which would heavily discourage fighting imo once everyone's on low HP, making it a staring contest) is you only gain XP and Gold after you die.

Basically have reduced spooling from now, and when you die you gain all the over-time accumulated XP and Gold. You also gain more XP and Gold per time spent the longer you go without dying, and receive further bonus multipliers from gaining Kills and Assists.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like some of the ideas presented here, but the further we move away from current Arena, the more time it requires for Hi-Rez to design, test, and rebalance (repeat as necessary), and the less likely it is to happen. The direction of the discussion suggests to me that most people don't feel current Arena is capable of supporting ranked play.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Quelthos01 View Post
    I like some of the ideas presented here, but the further we move away from current Arena, the more time it requires for Hi-Rez to design, test, and rebalance (repeat as necessary), and the less likely it is to happen. The direction of the discussion suggests to me that most people don't feel current Arena is capable of supporting ranked play.
    Agreed

/10

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I'd support a ranked arena, be this one or different map, really.

I dislike the Joust map, hate 1 v 1 hunterfest what is Duel and Shitquest is the most boring farmfest I've ever seen.

I just want an actual skillbased, as in player vs player deathmatch ranked mode, be it arena or anything. Would be nice for people like me, who would love to go competitive, but prefer brawling over farming.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    I'd support a ranked arena, be this one or different map, really.

I dislike the Joust map, hate 1 v 1 hunterfest what is Duel and Shitquest is the most boring farmfest I've ever seen.

I just want an actual skillbased, as in player vs player deathmatch ranked mode, be it arena or anything. Would be nice for people like me, who would love to go competitive, but prefer brawling over farming.
    Duel is not exclusively hunters

Warriors, assassins, mages, and even some guardians are viable.

Conquest is not just farming. It has great early game, mid game, and late game. And IMO it’s team fights are amazing, especially near fire giant.