Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked Arena

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Here's a simple version for ranked arena.

Rule 1) No minions.

Rule 2) All minion-stacking items gain 10 stacks per minute.

Rule 3) The Base heals 5% less HP per minute.

Rule 4) Ticket count starts at 0. First to 500 wins.

Rule 5) Kills award tickets based on certain factors. See below.

Rule 6) Assists will also award tickets to encourage team play.

Rule 7) After 400 or 450 tickets depending on balancing, or after 20 minutes, whichever is sooner, Base Healing is completely disabled.

Rule 8) At 10 minutes, a Siege Minion is spawned in the center. Whichever team kills the Siege Minion gains a lot of tickets.

Rule 9) At 400 or 450 tickets depending on balancing, along with no Base Heal, Lava will start to flood the Arena, from outside moving inwards. The Lava will start on the opposite side of whichever team reached 400/450 tickets first.

Rule 10) Make the fountain area much smaller, so if people try to turtle they can be sieged from afar.

Rule 11) After Spawning and before Dealing Damage, you get Damage and CC immunity for 5 seconds. (To prevent spawn killing)
    ----

Ticket Gains.

+1 Ticket per Assist.

+6 Tickets per Kill.

+8 Tickets per Double Kill.

+10 Tickets per Triple Kill.

+12 Tickets per Quadra Kill.

+15 Tickets per Penta Kill. In addition the player who got the Penta gets a +35 Physical Power or +60 Magical Power buff for 60 seconds.

+10 Tickets for First Blood.

+60 Tickets for Siege Minion Kill.

+2 Tickets per Minute for each Minute after 20. (+2 for #21, +4 for #22, +6 for #23, etc) - The Losing Team gets DOUBLE.

Most games shouldn't last longer than 25 minutes. After 25 minutes Lava covers everything except Fountain, a thin strip of land where Minions would normally walk on, and the area between the 4 poles.

----

Lava deals 10% Max HP per second as True Damage.

----

How d'you like my suggestions? It's still Arena, just without minions and a revamped ticket system. Also an encouragement to go Fight early before you can't heal anymore, and also moving people to the Center to fight if the game goes on long enough.

Also if you're ahead by only a little, you can't just turtle or the enemy will catch up.

In addition if they turtle in base past like 15 minutes, persistent Sieging on them will kill them.

----

The 1000 wins was an exaggeration of course xD. I don't think it's possible to enforce such voting rules anyway. My point was just - If this won't affect you, please abstain from voting, if there's ever a vote.

About your other point. You're right, which is why Arena needs to be changed a little. Keep the core of what it's meant to be the same, but change what doesn't work into what will work.

The MOTD of that is fun and I like it, but healers are WAY too valuable there because base healing is disabled. In my version healers aren't required because base healing only becomes a problem late-game, which is to encourage positioning and tactics, and also for people to be more aggressive early on, when they can heal from mistakes.
    1) After 5 games in Arena you already know everything about it.

2) Let HR in every patch balance gods also for Arena(Im sure they would be happy).

3) There are plenty of better pure Team Deathmatch games, not every game must have every possible mode.

4) If you in your server waiting 10 minutes for game, you would be waiting 15+ minutes for it.

5) More casual(even if this is ranked its still only Arena) modes = more casual game in overall and dont think that only Arena players will be affected by this. Smite need strong competitive scene to attract more ppl and its already about 5 game modes more than should be.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    ranked arena wouldnt attract as much people either, i must add. the reason that majority plays arena is its casual and does not have any real pressure on you. make it ranked, and it will have that pressure.

if you want to have a rank go play the ranked modes we already have. thats all really.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    ranked arena wouldnt attract as much people either, i must add. the reason that majority plays arena is its casual and does not have any real pressure on you. make it ranked, and it will have that pressure.

if you want to have a rank go play the ranked modes we already have. thats all really.
    What's wrong with a ranked and unranked version, like Joust?
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisMiles View Post
    What's wrong with a ranked and unranked version, like Joust?
    if arena actually had people who were competitive, they wouldnt be playing arena. simple as that.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    if arena actually had people who were competitive, they wouldnt be playing arena. simple as that.
    Agreed

Which is another reason why Joust has much longer queue times and a much smaller player count

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Ranked Arena would have much less pressure than even Casual Conquest, but still be competitive. That's what I want.

I also think it's wrong that I need to psyche myself up and encourage myself for some 10 minutes before I feel confident enough to queue for Conquest, but that's another issue.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Agreed

Which is another reason why Joust has much longer queue times and a much smaller player count
    Except it doesn't have much longer queue times or much less player count. The Joust and Arena playerbase is almost exactly equal.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,175
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Epeen View Post
    As far as teams spending the entire match killing minions, I don't see that as something that couldn't be alleviated with a few tweaks.
    Get rid of minions, start lvl 30 with 100k gold, with no potions available, first team to 30 kills. Done.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    Get rid of minions, start lvl 30 with 100k gold, with no potions available, first team to 30 kills. Done.
    ...Level 30?

xD.

Um. Imagine if I'm a Monster could reach level 7 (1000 base damage yo) and same for Crush (430 base damage!).

Also, Ymir would have freaking 3630 base HP.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    100k gold?

i was thinking more of a thing where kills give you gold + high gold spooling.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.