Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The murdering-est guardian 3.0

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 796
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    Like the Athena I met my last game as Geb, that eventough she had voidstone and soulreaver she managed to deal the same amount of damage as me that I never get any damage item?

Like the last Artio I met that build Gem of Iso first item and went 0/7 and she did last damage than our Khepri?

Like the Fafnir I've met in Joust that built Tahuti and desolation and later had to sell them for gem and Nemean because he was getting destroyed by one of my teammate?

I can search for more examples about what I mean to say, and 'tis really simple: unless you have someone you really trust ready to cover you, In my opinion going this kind of bruiser Tank is not worth at all.
    Well I am no fan of Soul Reaver in general. You could ask me when I was building it last time and I really could not answer you for I cannot remember it. It is a fairly mediocre and overpriced Item, which is arguably a good thing really.

Geb outdamaging Athena I can see that happen. If you are Geb against Athena, you can negate a lot of her damage potencial by countering her taunt off enemies with your shield, making her shield wall go to waste and, as I said in another threat, Athenas ultimate is great for damage if you can use it for that. And in order for that to work out, you usually need a second frontliner and an Athena Player with the right mindset, which is a rarity.

I can tell from my own experience that it can be suprisingly easy to overestimate Artios abilities, especially with all the hype she gets from the community. God knows I had my own share of feeding games with her. An Artio building Gem first sounds like someone who only barely knows what he was doing, so I would not take what he or she did as an example for anything, really. Not sure if she actually would have gotten more kills if Khepri wouldn't have be a thing in that game, Khepri tends to do that in games he is in.

I had my fair share of Fafnir Damage Build Games myself and honestly, the story is rather simple. You land your abilities and you are the hero legends have been told about. You miss your abilities, which is rather easy with Fafnir given how clunky and bad his 3s hitbox and how slim the targeter on his 1 are, you will make a fool out of yourself.

The thing here is, if you miss your abilities as Fafnir, you will be a tanky fool, meaning that you still haven't contributed anything to the actual game. So again, problem here is more a question of player skill and/or in the case of Fafnirs 3, soft RNG (Because god that targeter feels random at times).

That aside, negative examples usually weigh harder on your memories than good examples, so that is usually a thing you should consider as well before you dig out more examples.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    The thing about Bruiser Builds, at least my definition for them is that they don't really differ from pure tank builds all that much.

Hide of the Urchin, Spirit Robe and Mantle of Discord together give you 165 Protections, together with the 80(ish) Physical protections and 48 magical protections every guardian gets, you will have more than 240 physical protections and 213 Magical protections just with that.

Pen Boots, as I stated before for obvious reasons. If you then add in Voidstone, you will sit at 273 magical protections, which means that most magical attacks can hardly put a dent on you.

Then you look even further and see whether your god gets some additional mitigations from kit percs.

Like Cabrakan with his 5% Mitigation and up to 40 Protections from his 2.
    Bacchus with his 1 and his passive for additional protections and percentage mitigation.
    Kuzenbo for percentage mitigation
    Ares with his groupwide protection buff

and suddenly, you find yourself being remarkably tanky even though you have only spend money on 2-3.5 protective Items.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    That aside, negative examples usually weigh harder on your memories than good examples, so that is usually a thing you should consider as well before you dig out more examples.
    I will when I'll actually have games where your type of "bruiser" Guardian will have any success.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Achievements:
    I will when I'll actually have games where your type of "bruiser" Guardian will have any success.
    "Sounds like we should play more games together" is what I would like to say, but given how I have basicly cursed myself to playing only my lowest worshipped gods, you will probably almost exclusivly see me playing Assassins and Hunters these days as long as worshippers are involved.

That being said, you will have at least one example where "my type of bruiser" had any success. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    That being said, you will have at least one example where "my type of bruiser" had any success. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.
    Yes, the memory will haunt me forever.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Achievements:
    Yes, the memory will haunt me forever.
    That sounds awesome. Next time, maybe I will bring one of my diamond guardians. I kinda miss playing Bacchus.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    I did it against the Odin Bots in Jungle Practise.

What you need is this Build

Book of Thoth
    Rod of Tahuti
    Polynomicon
    Spear of Desolation
    Bancrofts Talisman
    Shamans Ring

Get Chronos Passive stacked up all to the max (which means waiting 50 minutes (I think it doesn't even have to be fully maxed out)), full stacks on Thoth and an evolved Shamans Ring.

The relics of your choice are Sunder and Girdle of Power.

You of course have both red pots, damage buff and fire giant buff (only one of these because it is supposed to be practically possible of course).

Then you go.

Using Sunder on the enemy increases the damage he takes by an additional percentage, using Girdle gives you 10 Penetration (which together with the 20 from Spear of deso puts you at 30 (which isn't exactly true damage against Odin since he should still have 1ish point left, but alas)) and increases the damage you deal by another percentage.

Using an ability on the enemy tags him with the Shaman Ring Effect, which, contrary to it's description does not only increase the damage of your abilities but also of your basic attacks and Item related damage.

You activate Chronos 2 with Section 3 for another huge power boost and, of course

You do all that while being under the 40% HP threshold for the maximum power gain from Bancrofts Talisman (which usually means that the only time to properly gives this Polyshot a shot is directly after having FG punch you close to death while the buff is already active on you.

Doing all this will result in you hitting the Odin Bot with a basic attack which will a polynomicon proc worth 2000 damage.

If you now go and make a Youtube Video out of that and put some funny audio/commentary under it, you will make it to Youtube Smite Fame immediatly and can capitalize on that sudden fame some more. You might be the next mythymoo.

Thank me later.
    Oh damn I completely forgot Shaman's Ring exists now lol. Plus Chronos's new passive.

Nice, nice.
    What do I put here now?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Or you could just take my examples where I, a guy who actually understands how to go ham, fucking carry as Xing Tian because I'm doing more damage than everyone else by virtue of 400+ power and enough defense to sit through enemy fire. You haven't seen anyone do it right because this playerbase is comprised of fucking idiots. I can't really say I've ever seen anyone do right by Hercules. Doesn't make him bad by any measure.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    I'd say bruiser is anything from just pen boots to a single defense item. All damage is all damage.

For example, what I call "light bruiser" - light in power, heavy in defense - is pen boots + Void Shield. I see no harm in a support getting that and the rest is the usual counters, auras, whatever you feel like is needed.

Then we have the high power bruiser, all offense but one item, probably urchin. Can be pulled off in Arena, Clash, Assault, probably the jungle too. I'll only do this if not the main tank or snowballing.

Power bruiser is 400+ power, still around 200 defenses. Something like:

Pen Boots > Discord / Urchin > Void Shield > Celestial Legion Helm > Rod of Tahuti > Polynomicon.

This would be my Athena 100-0 build, can be done with Cabrakan, but he's maybe better served with Gem of Isolation and Spear of the Magus.

Now for some god-specific builds. My typical Kuzenbo is:

Pen Boots > Discord / Urchin > Imperial Helmet > Bulwark of Hope > Spirit Robe > Spear of Desolation.

The reasoning for the weaksauce Imperial Helmet and no Void Shield is that you need penetration from a distance. If, say, Kukulkan is trying to escape and dropped a tornado, you just walk in and kill him in a distance Void Shield wouldn't work. More defense than usual is because Kuzenbo will take a beating on purpose.

Fafnir:

CDR Boots > Discord > Spirit Robe > Spear of the Magus > Gem of Isolation > Rod of Tahuti

CDR is needed badly, as you want to be the dragon as often as possible. This is not my most power-heavy build, it's about 360 MP, and has only 30% CDR. Given his crazy scaling, is still more than enough to vaporize anything. After it's complete, I take the potion for 400+ power and the final 10% CDR.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 09-23-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    It'd be impossible to complete even if the enemy guardian builds 325 mag prots and 4000 hp.

Because you won't be getting multiple resets unless you have ample power/pen. And then Aegis exists.

Ok not impossible...but as difficult as...idk whatever is the current hardest achievement in the game xD.

You're asking someone to survive 3200+480% damage...
    Chronos with Khepri ult and Bracer of Undoing.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!