Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The murdering-est guardian 3.0

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    as much as I admire your dedication and the hardwork you put aboutt he subject (No really, I'm impressed), I have to again repeat myself as for many in this community building Guardian "buiser" is not worth it... and never will.
    C'mon, there's no argument in your sentence. Derled talked about money and levels, that's something that deserves to be considered - if in Conquest only.

The question you're asking and I'm not is whether a CONQUEST SUPPORT bruiser guardian is ok. I ain't asking that simply because I don't play Conquest. Sue me.

But what's been proven is that yes, most guardians can 100-0 and some have very high scaling to warrant building power. Does that matter for Conquest? At least if they're jungling or doing something that is not supporting, yes.

Of course, guardians give up something for that power: auras, countering items, some health, some defenses, some CDR, all depends on the build.

It's a choice. You want a resilient killer that forces the enemies to focus him, turning their backs on you? Or a CC machine with lots of utility, but who will be ignored by the enemy?

Remember that, bruiser or not, when a guardian initiates, he isn't there to save your ass anymore. So saying that a bruiser guardian will not save you is pointless. He will if his stuff is off CD, just like a pure tank would, but also maybe kill the attacker in the process.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 09-23-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 880
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Except it is?

"Bruiser" is a wide term to talk about to begin with. I usually almost always build my guardians the same way every game. Close to max cooldown reduction, enough penetration to rip mages and/or assassins/hunters to shreds, protections/HP and percs.

Like, remember when we did Scrims and I was playing Geb?

I only had 3 damage Items in that game (Boots, Spear of Desolation, Voidstone) and still pretty much 100-0 Rainbowsplat playing Agni on my own with that.

The rest were Hide of the Urchins, Spirit Robe and Robe of Discord, giving me more than plenty protections to keep me in game.

Decent HP, high protections, max CD with power pot or blue buff, enough pen for squishies.

45000 damage game as Geb, I think I also had a lot of kills in that game. Bruiser Guardians work if you make them work and the same is true for everything else in this game.
    I remember, but you forget you had poly in your build too, that made me cringe so hard that I wished I had the skill to beat the shit out of you.
    Literally, your build gave me "I'm forced to play freya" level of disgust.
    There is Bruiser build and there is bruiser build, and what Lux, Kek and you mean for Bruiser Build is not worth.

It's a choice. You want a resilient killer that forces the enemies to focus him, turning their backs on you? Or a CC machine with lots of utility, but who will be ignored by the enemy?
    Definitly the second, 'cause I get the highest leved of satisfaction with it.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,267
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    I am such a cc bot without tahuti
    http://smite.guru/censor/match/47194
    http://smite.guru/censor/match/47195
    Crocodilelifesmatter
    Sobek has one of the crappier guardian scalings. He's a poor example of this.

.. and u buying that watchers gift in midlane now? .. soo who is the one clearing it?
    Wait, so we're ONLY talking mid guardians, now? Not Midgardians, but like, guardians in mid? I was thinking support, where they normally are. If you're in mid, you get SoT instead. You were talking about a gold deficit, so I assumed you meant support.

And only game mode that I refer to is always and will be conquest, because other game modes are for "casual fking around"
    Who said anything about other modes?

as much as I admire your dedication and the hardwork you put aboutt he subject (No really, I'm impressed), I have to again repeat myself as for many in this community building Guardian "buiser" is not worth it... and never will.
    And I, too, again repeat myself that this is a myth that needs to die like the unsuspecting mages I go up against. True supports like Khepri and Geb protect their team with utility and peel. Bruisers like Bacchus and Athena protect their team by killing the enemy squishies first. There's no reason to go full tank and be little more than a wall with CC when you can be a wall with CC and nukes. LIKE AMERICA
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    There should be an achievement for hitting one enemy with Scylla ultimate five times.
    It'd be impossible to complete even if the enemy guardian builds 325 mag prots and 4000 hp.

Because you won't be getting multiple resets unless you have ample power/pen. And then Aegis exists.

Ok not impossible...but as difficult as...idk whatever is the current hardest achievement in the game xD.

You're asking someone to survive 3200+480% damage...
    ~Scylla: 10,000~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 120/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I remember, but you forget you had poly in your build too, that made me cringe so hard that I wished I had the skill to beat the shit out of you.

Literally, your build gave me "I'm forced to play freya" level of disgust.
    There is Bruiser build and there is bruiser build, and what Lux, Kek and you mean for Bruiser Build is not worth.
    I actually did not forget it. I had it as my sixth Item after having sold my starter Item and sold it again during my next back. I was actually having fun that game and went like "Ah, what the hell, I am top damage anyway, might as well pretend that I'm a mage and get poly", so I did. I think I ended up trading it for either spirit robe or robe of discord, one of those was the actual final Item for me. Think it was Spirit Robe.

I don't know what Lux and the others consider to be a bruiser build and, being the cheeky cunt that I am, I do not even care that much as long as it works for them.

I have the afformentioned formula in my head, Enough Pen, Close to max CDR, HP/Prot, Percs and following that formula and picking up Items that give these things in sufficient manners has given me plenty guardian games where I was topping all the charts and ended up being a carry by being a vanguard.

Did it with Gods like Athena, Bacchus, Geb, Cabrakan, Ganesha, Fafnir and some others and there was rarely a time where I found myself being unsatisfied with the results.

My floatchart usually looks like this.

Starting the game

Starter Item + Both Chalices.

-I am a spammy cunt and I live offensive and risky from the get go and carry on with that style until the end of the battle, so I will usually be very aggressive with these chalice charges.

Starter Item depends on the god and the match up, but I usually go with Sands of time simply for the reason that I love the cheap CDR. Exceptions exist of course, with Fafnir and Ganesha for example, I almost always go for Watchers Gift and Lonos Mask for obvious reasons.

Boots

Usually no doubt about it, I will probably grab the Pen Boots. No point in getting Money Shoes if they hardly serve any other purpose than generating money while making my early game irrelevant. Tank Boots are decent but I usually do fine without them. Might be picking them up if the enemy line is extremly dot and/or hard CC heavy.

Focus Boots I usually only pick up in very niche situations like my guardian profiting from Spear of the Magus and/or the enemy line up being designed in such a way that I won't go as hard on the Urchins Tree as I usually do, thus needing different sources of CDR (but even this pretty much never happens)

HP/Protections

I start by saying that I don't consider myself to be an aura bot, My usually first and favorite choice for this Item slot is usually Hide of the Urchin, sometimes, I even get this before boots. Gives a decent amount of HP and MP and a lot of protections as you get stacks. If the enemy team is very heavy on either of the magical schools and/or I find myself noticing that I have a rough early game and/or mediocre teammates, getting Sov or Heartward is sometimes an option instead because they are cheaper and don't require stacking.

CDR Options

As I stated, I usually start with Sands of Time for the price efficient 10% CDR and the mana sustain which I need. The Items I usually get my CDR from, in some way or form, are almost always

Sprit Robe
    Robe of Dischord
    Genjis Guard
    Spear of Desolation

As I said before, I pretty much never get Shoes of Focus because usually two to three out of these Items find their way into my build eventually. In very rare situations, I might get a Breastplate of Valor in, reducing these odds even further, but that really happens rather rarely.

In fact, magic-heavy line ups are my personal favorite simply because Genjis Guard is my absolute favorite among these Items.

Penetration Options

Guardians and Mages are much more potent and consistent when it comes to the penetration stat which is a blessing compared to physicals. Usually you can get your penetration needs pretty much settled in two to three Items, with boots being one of them.

That being said, the go to pen Items for me, depending on line ups and gods are

Spear of Desolation
    Voidstone
    Spear of the Magus (If the god supports it)

Spear of the Magus is a stellar pick up on gods like Fafnir and in some cases can be the only Item you ever truly need in order to keep your damage relevant for the reminder of the game.

Voidstone is yet another reason why I prefer magical heavy line ups. That Item is just so brilliant.

Percs

This sounds much more fancy than it actually is. If I have space in my build, the god supports it and I enjoy being a scummy cunt, I pick up Gem of Isolation and be a royal dick in the enemies ass while giving my allies a simple time pushing their shit in.

That sentence probably sounds a lot worse and less polite than I usually do, this is my way of expressing the negativity that I can feel seething from my enemies whenever I do this. Some guardians with Gem of Isolation can be brutal.

So, if we go and take some guardians as an example against a typical Guardian two mages two physical match ups, the full build could be, in no particular order

Boots
    Urchins
    Spirit Robe
    Mantle of Dischord
    Spear of Desolation
    Voidstone

Full CDR? Check
    High Protections? Check
    Decent HP? Check
    Sufficent Penetrations? Check

Think that was also the build with which I killed Rainbow in the blink of an Eye.

Think Agni has 1780 HP at max level.

Ultimate for 712 damage
    Basic attack for 68 + 20%
    Shockwave for 400 + 50%
    Basic attack for 68 + 20%
    Roll Out for 200 + 25%
    Basic Attack 68 + 20%

1519 Base Damage
    263,5 Scaling Damage (145 from Items, 50 Power from Magic Pot (maybe Apophis Buff since it was a Clash Scrim but I don't think I had it so let us leave it out)?

Makes for a damage total of 1782.

Funny, I was actually suprised when I actually 100-0'd Rainbow with that build, but now I am even more suprised looking at how close that happening actually was.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    It'd be impossible to complete even if the enemy guardian builds 325 mag prots and 4000 hp.

Because you won't be getting multiple resets unless you have ample power/pen. And then Aegis exists.

Ok not impossible...but as difficult as...idk whatever is the current hardest achievement in the game xD.

You're asking someone to survive 3200+480% damage...
    I was able to come up with an unlikely yet realistic scenario in which Polynomicon can deal 2000 damage so coming up with an remarkably forget scenario where this is possible should be no problem whatsoever!

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I was able to come up with an unlikely yet realistic scenario in which Polynomicon can deal 2000 damage so coming up with an remarkably forget scenario where this is possible should be no problem whatsoever!
    Um. 2000 Poly would need 2667 Magical Power.

The highest possible in Jungle Practice on...Chronos I think is like 2200ish.

Unless you're including the raw 63-65+20% auto as well.
    ~Scylla: 10,000~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 120/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 880
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    And I, too, again repeat myself that this is a myth that needs to die like the unsuspecting mages I go up against. True supports like Khepri and Geb protect their team with utility and peel. Bruisers like Bacchus and Athena protect their team by killing the enemy squishies first. There's no reason to go full tank and be little more than a wall with CC when you can be a wall with CC and nukes. LIKE AMERICA
    Like the Athena I met my last game as Geb, that eventough she had voidstone and soulreaver she managed to deal the same amount of damage as me that I never get any damage item?

Like the last Artio I met that build Gem of Iso first item and went 0/7 and she did last damage than our Khepri?

Like the Fafnir I've met in Joust that built Tahuti and desolation and later had to sell them for gem and Nemean because he was getting destroyed by one of my teammate?

I can search for more examples about what I mean to say, and 'tis really simple: unless you have someone you really trust ready to cover you, In my opinion going this kind of bruiser Tank is not worth at all.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Um. 2000 Poly would need 2667 Magical Power.

The highest possible in Jungle Practice on...Chronos I think is like 2200ish.

Unless you're including the raw 63-65+20% auto as well.
    I did it against the Odin Bots in Jungle Practise.

What you need is this Build

Book of Thoth
    Rod of Tahuti
    Polynomicon
    Spear of Desolation
    Bancrofts Talisman
    Shamans Ring

Get Chronos Passive stacked up all to the max (which means waiting 50 minutes (I think it doesn't even have to be fully maxed out)), full stacks on Thoth and an evolved Shamans Ring.

The relics of your choice are Sunder and Girdle of Power.

You of course have both red pots, damage buff and fire giant buff (only one of these because it is supposed to be practically possible of course).

Then you go.

Using Sunder on the enemy increases the damage he takes by an additional percentage, using Girdle gives you 10 Penetration (which together with the 20 from Spear of deso puts you at 30 (which isn't exactly true damage against Odin since he should still have 1ish point left, but alas)) and increases the damage you deal by another percentage.

Using an ability on the enemy tags him with the Shaman Ring Effect, which, contrary to it's description does not only increase the damage of your abilities but also of your basic attacks and Item related damage.

You activate Chronos 2 with Section 3 for another huge power boost and, of course

You do all that while being under the 40% HP threshold for the maximum power gain from Bancrofts Talisman (which usually means that the only time to properly gives this Polyshot a shot is directly after having FG punch you close to death while the buff is already active on you.

Doing all this will result in you hitting the Odin Bot with a basic attack which will a polynomicon proc worth 2000 damage.

If you now go and make a Youtube Video out of that and put some funny audio/commentary under it, you will make it to Youtube Smite Fame immediatly and can capitalize on that sudden fame some more. You might be the next mythymoo.

Thank me later.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,267
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Like the Athena I met my last game as Geb, that eventough she had voidstone and soulreaver she managed to deal the same amount of damage as me that I never get any damage item?

Like the last Artio I met that build Gem of Iso first item and went 0/7 and she did last damage than our Khepri?

Like the Fafnir I've met in Joust that built Tahuti and desolation and later had to sell them for gem and Nemean because he was getting destroyed by one of my teammate?
    Those guys sucked a fat cock. The problem wasn't their build, their problem was that they were bad.

I can search for more examples about what I mean to say, and 'tis really simple: unless you have someone you really trust ready to cover you, In my opinion going this kind of bruiser Tank is not worth at all.
    That's not an opinion, that's an incorrect assessment. I can promise you that, as a guy who consistently goes bruiser on his guardians, I am indefinitely more useful to my team than when I'm not a bruiser. Why? Because then I can actually do something. The alternative is me having nothing but defense and CDR. A more well-rounded build with both prots and damage lets me get a shitton of kills and potentially carry the game, which my damage guardian game has absolutely done. Your anecdotes are meaningless because they're just pointing to strangers of ambiguous skill (and I might add that you listed very little of what was in their build; they could have been going glass cannon for all I know) and saying "these guys did bad, therefore the thing they did is bad."
    NOW, I AM BECOME KHEPRI, DESTROYER OF THOTS

Muh Concepts