Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Attack Speed Items for Mages

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

New Attack Speed Items for Mages

Mages need more attack speed items. I get you changed half the tree of rings to provide them with some movement speed + damage items as well but at the end of the day they lack both. If you want to add some new movement speed items for mages, don't just go and obliterate part of the attack speed ones just because they weren't picked that much. Buff them and make a new tree. The attack speed item deparment was already pretty poor when it came to mages to just erase some of them like nothing. Yeah you put some attack speed in other few items in return, but not items a mage really wants to build. Most of them are defensive items and the offensive ones don't actually provide any power neither. Witchblade, Toxic blade... You don't want any of those items in a mage.

My suggestion is, give all rings the attack speed back then make a separate tree for damage + movement speed. What's that tree anyway right now? The Attack Speed and Damage and Movement Speed and Weird Passives Tree? For God's sake...
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I guess they can't because of freya, zeus and Kuang (sadly sol no longer). These are the ones who AS most favors. Give them to much AS and they completely destroy with AS builds cause of high base dmg and all they need then is grip+spear and they got all the pene needed. If you nerf them in respect to this then their burst builds are not as viable. Tough nut to crack it seems balancing these gods with the as items. I mean you should see my old Zeus fatalis+telek+grip+spear build in s2 before they started overhauling the rings and they changed zeus, that build destroyed everything.

I really do miss ADC sylvanus and zhong though. But for balance this just seems like the best middle ground.

Also do we really want speedy mages? Au puch running around like merc? Its a possibility now but no one does it yet. I wonder when we will start seeing puch with dual extra ms items and gem, uuuh the horror, Im gonna play that in arena today sounds nasty. A bit less dmg yeah but who cares when you can run so fast.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Some mages make really powerful magical hunters like Morrigan. They really should give mages better attack speed choices. Witchblade and toxic blade are good choices for a mage. Unless you don't need lifesteal or anti heal.

I play a attack speed Au Puch all the time. He is great in arena and can sometimes excel in other matches pushing lanes.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Give mages crit too.

No really. Could you imagine crit polynomicon?
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Give mages crit too.

No really. Could you imagine crit polynomicon?
    I tried suggesting magical crit ages ago...I was constaly told to go look up videos of the Smite PC Alpha and Beta when any God could build any item. Deathbringer on Ymir...it wasn't a pretty sight.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    I tried suggesting magical crit ages ago...I was constaly told to go look up videos of the Smite PC Alpha and Beta when any God could build any item. Deathbringer on Ymir...it wasn't a pretty sight.
    Maybe the just did not have the right counter. Deathbringer would give him no mana, movement, health, or defense. A hunter could take him out like nothing.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Deathbringer on Ymir...it wasn't a pretty sight.
    This.

You call warriors OP ? Give Ymir back his crit and we see about that. <.< Ymir will be top tier "CARRY" . xD
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    This.

You call warriors OP ? Give Ymir back his crit and we see about that. <.< Ymir will be top tier "CARRY" . xD
    Deathbringer cost 3000 and only has a 20% chance of effect. More like a 20% chance of being OP.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    Deathbringer cost 3000 and only has a 20% chance of effect. More like a 20% chance of being OP.
    You do realize that i said "give Ymir back his crit" which includes ALL physical items ? And because it is easy to get 100% crit it will be a 100% chance of being OP. Now including that Ymir gets 100% extra damage on enemys hit by his abilitys it will be a 200% chance of being OP.There is a reason why Hi-Rez removes Physical items for mages.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I know. Which is why I suggested it. Scylla ADC pls. My autos do 250, so Deathbringer would make them 600. Plus another 600 from poly. 1200 auto, no problemo.

Maybe the just did not have the right counter. Deathbringer would give him no mana, movement, health, or defense. A hunter could take him out like nothing.
    ....Ymir is best built as damage anyway. He can 100-0 any squishy in the game easy af.

His passive gives him +100% AA damage for ~4 secs. With crit his Autos would do 4.8x the normal damage.

You think Ne Zha/Merc crits hit hard? Ymir would 1-shot them.

Blink Freeze Auto dead. Overkill dead if you have poly as well lmfao.

You'd play crit ymir in jungle role btw not support. So just build like Urchin or Discord and you're an assassin with 2600 hp that does 2x the burst of Loki.

Rage + DB = 55% crit chance. Wtf do you mean. He has 4 secs to pull off jusr 1 480% damage auto, which will halfhit or 100-0 anyone by itself, let alone his abilities.

Also, if he builds Katana he can spam 1.5k crit autos while sticking to you. How nice.
    What do I put here now?