Thread: Witchblade

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Witchblade

I saw the last changes to this item and I think they push it a little bit but is still not going in the right direction in terms of stats. The key thing about Witchblade is the passive, that's the biggest thing to build it and it's built, for the most part, by tanks. Now it has 10% CD and 20% AS. While some warriors benefit from AS and most of tanks benefit from CD, AS and CD in the same item is a bit awkward. Not all tanks benefit from both stats, but all of them benefit from health. Why not to decrease or remove the AS from Witchblade and give it more health. The point is this item is going to be build just when the enemy team has a strongly AA-based setup and your tank wants to counter it, so they aren't going to look for AS or CD when they get it, if not the passive. Give them stats they all can make a profit of despite of the weird ones. What about removing the AS and give it up to 250 health, for example? This will put Witchblade more into line with Winged Blade, you pick it up when you need too but still provides some stats you can always rely as a tank.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    I saw the last changes to this item and I think they push it a little bit but is still not going in the right direction in terms of stats. The key thing about Witchblade is the passive, that's the biggest thing to build it and it's built, for the most part, by tanks. Now it has 10% CD and 20% AS. While some warriors benefit from AS and most of tanks benefit from CD, AS and CD in the same item is a bit awkward. Not all tanks benefit from both stats, but all of them benefit from health. Why not to decrease or remove the AS from Witchblade and give it more health. The point is this item is going to be build just when the enemy team has a strongly AA-based setup and your tank wants to counter it, so they aren't going to look for AS or CD when they get it, if not the passive. Give them stats they all can make a profit of despite of the weird ones. What about removing the AS and give it up to 250 health, for example? This will put Witchblade more into line with Winged Blade, you pick it up when you need too but still provides some stats you can always rely as a tank.
    Not CD, MS. I agree in part, on the other hand I like that there is a MS item that still gives warriors AS so I can combine it with qins. But then you have two non tanky items and if you want titans as well, you are not a tank anymore.

AS on winged blade was so OP though glad they changed that even though I saw few people make use of that AS.

I've seen some hunters pick up witch though. It gives both AS and lifesteal so it ain't all that bad and if hunters want some extra MS it seems like a decent choice. But it has no power qq, well Odysseus hasn't either still its popular on some hunters for some builds and this item really gives the same AS advantage in a hunter duel as Oddysseus but it also gives other stats. But for a hunter why 100hp? And for a tank why lifesteal and AS?
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-21-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Not CD, MS. I agree in part, on the other hand I like that there is a MS item that still gives warriors AS so I can combine it with qins. But then you have two non tanky items and if you want titans as well, you are not a tank anymore.

AS on winged blade was so OP though glad they changed that even though I saw few people make use of that AS.

I've seen some hunters pick up witch though. It gives both AS and lifesteal so it ain't all that bad and if hunters want some extra MS it seems like a decent choice. But it has no power qq, well Odysseus hasn't either still its popular on some hunters for some builds and this item really gives the same AS advantage in a hunter duel as Oddysseus but it also gives other stats. But for a hunter why 100hp? And for a tank why lifesteal and AS?
    Man, it was CD what they added to the item. That was the change. It already had MS. Why you think it is in the Health and Movement Speed tree to begin with?
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Man, it was CD what they added to the item. That was the change. It already had MS. Why you think it is in the Health and Movement Speed tree to begin with?
    It is actually in the attack and movement tree. Maybe Smite turned it into that, but it is stupid.

I don't know what it was at first, but they are swords. Why would freaking swords not be used for attack, and instead be used as a health boon? Lol
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 09-21-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    It is actually in the attack and movement tree. Maybe Smite turned it into that, but it is stupid.

I don't know what it was at first, but they are swords. Why would freaking swords not be used for attack, and instead be used as a health boon? Lol
    I mean that the last change to the item was adding CD. It has movement speed from long ago, while the other user said the counter thing. You maybe missed some patches.

They are swords but you are missing the fact they're pointing down instead up, so they're defensive items xDDDD. No, really, does it matter? If all must be that realistic, all gods had to wear the items they buy. Imagine Ymir in 4 different armors, one on top of the other. If you want to go there, I think it's because they're more like bruiser items. Give health and defensive passives, but movement speed, CD and even penetration as well. Remember Toxic Blade is also there. A sword feels light for the movement speed stat I guess. And they can't make boots, because Boots are boots.
    Last edited by NervousCrysis; 09-22-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ketsie's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Old relic dagger. It's back with a vengeance.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It's now a guardian item as most guardians want the move speed, health and cooldowns and the -20% attack speed is a counter if they have a team with too many basic attack goods. There's a surprising number of guardian's who also have something special about their basic attacks so that's not completely useless either. I will generally pick 1 of the 4 blades on most guardian builds.

I liked the old witchblade too - it was a great adc a boxing item - 20% attack speed and 15% life steal for you, -20% attack speed for them makes a huge difference. Worked particularly well on someone like freya who doesn't scale much better with power then attack speed.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    It's now a guardian item as most guardians want the move speed, health and cooldowns and the -20% attack speed is a counter if they have a team with too many basic attack goods. There's a surprising number of guardian's who also have something special about their basic attacks so that's not completely useless either. I will generally pick 1 of the 4 blades on most guardian builds.

I liked the old witchblade too - it was a great adc a boxing item - 20% attack speed and 15% life steal for you, -20% attack speed for them makes a huge difference. Worked particularly well on someone like freya who doesn't scale much better with power then attack speed.
    Yeah, I posted this before the changes. Anyway I'd like it has got more health or something but I guess along with the mov spd and the passive it is strong enough now.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,366
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Missed necro closing it
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*