Thread: This is The End Of Me.. -Sissyum

Geeky Warlord Worshipper Izzako's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 31 days registered Conversation Starter

This is The End Of Me.. -Sissyum

It's Sissyum here... And please trust me...

Ask me any question that I would know the answer to if you don't believe me..

Heck..
    My Mains: Ares, Hou Yi, Athena, Scylla, and Apollo
    I love Rick Riordan's books, except Kane cause it sucks dick..
    I hate Hercules and Hel.. a lot.. Herc cause of his stupid combo, Hel cause she can cleanse my Main's ult
    I have a habit of asking silly questions and adding some stuff called Fun Threads to make the forums a better place
    I hate LiamX's opinions, but I will do my best to actually answer his dumb opinions..

My Stepdad decided to give me the world's worst punishment for someone like me..

He changed the password to my Hirez account, and made sure if I tried to change it back, I'd probably be grounded for a year..

Now I'm borrowing my friend's account to access the forums, and say goodbye..

I had a fun time with you guys..

Unfortunately the fun must end at some point..
    I'm probably not gonna touch Smite till I'm 16 and is in college.. that will probably be the time I'm getting permission to play Smite again.. and even then.. I have to regrind..

All my gods.. all of my worshippers.. gone.

I can't believe that I'm complaining about this..

But to make things worse I might need some help..

My parents didn't say per se that I'm not allowed to play games, but they threw in a trick question.. which I hate more..

"Listen to me, you could get hooked up on a game pretty quickly, and when you do, you become an addict, like a smoker would on cigarettes.. I won't ban you from Smite, but if you lose that smart brain of yours cause of gaming, we won't care about how and where you will end up for college.. we don't care.. you can get thrown on the streets.. we don't care.. we've done our job raising you, and if that doesn't work, we won't care a bit for you.."

That really scares me..
    And I'm not sure to restart playing with 0 gods and all (oh, I hate all the starter gods)
    Or just to stop playing till I can control myself..

Please answer..
    Oh and you guys..

I have a request..
    Please help the Smite Forums to continually improve, and to keep adding Fun Threads, it's getting darker by the day, and the Fun Threads can help the clouds of LiamX's Buff Raijin and Nerf Noobtio threads..

That will be all from me, and I'd probably check the forums once every day or so for the week, until then.. goodbye

I had a fun time..

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I am going to make a suggestion. Now I don't know anything about your school life, but this might help you.

Set a deal with your parents that works something like this.

1) Homework will be done, and checked to ensure it is correct (where applicable) before I am allowed to play video games every day.

2) If I have a test coming up, after my homework is finished I will spend 1-2 hours studying each day that week before I play video games.

3) I will not stay up playing video games on a school night past 10pm. (If I am in the middle of a game, I am allowed to finish first)

4) I will eat meals with my family.

5) I will occupy some of my time outside video games by reading books. (1-3 per month)

6) My grades must remain above an agreed upon point (B- maybe). If my grades slip, I lose video game access until my grades return to normal.

7) As long as the aforementioned deals remain in effect, I am allowed to play video games as much as I want to help reduce stress from school.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    I am going to make a suggestion. Now I don't know anything about your school life, but this might help you.

1) Homework will be done, and checked to ensure it is correct (where applicable) before I am allowed to play video games every day.

2) If I have a test coming up, after my homework is finished I will spend 1-2 hours studying each day that week before I play video games.

3) I will not stay up playing video games on a school night past 10pm. (If I am in the middle of a game, I am allowed to finish first)

5) I will occupy some of my time outside video games by reading books. (1-3 per month)

6) My grades must remain above an agreed upon point (B- maybe). If my grades slip, I lose video game access until my grades return to normal.

7) As long as the aforementioned deals remain in effect, I am allowed to play video games as much as I want to help reduce stress from school.
    The problem being he has a shitton of stuff occupying his time XD, from what he told me.

Which meant he was playing Smite late at night (early morning) when his parents were asleep. And they caught him.

-----

@Sissyum damn, what your parents said is borderline cruel...

Like seriously? I'm damn sure you have plenty of pressure on you already. No sane parent would try to use that and fear to manipulate you into doing what they want.

It's not right, imo.

----

But, uhh...check your PMs I have an idea for you.
    What do I put here now?

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    6) My grades must remain above an agreed upon point (B- maybe). If my grades slip, I lose video game access until my grades return to normal. The only exception to this is if I am making an earnest effort and seeking help from teachers tutors and still unable to make this grade (Sometimes you just don't get stuff.)

That's about the only thing that should matter. 6 covers homework, studying, and taking care of your job before you go relax. If you're doing fine in school, your chores are done, and you're not blowing off real life for games constantly, tell him to please respect your hobbies and mind his own business.

That being said, I'm leaning more on the stepfathers side tbh, just looking at your post.

It seems like you're prioritizing games over your job (which is school). Playing games is great, but you need to make sure everything important is taken care of before you go relax. That's just part of growing up and making yourself successful, which is what your stepfather wants for you.

I wish I had a stepfather that did that to me when I was your age. I wasted so much time with my head wedged up my ass, that I was VERY close to being a failure at life. My current stepfather stopped that when I was 18, and I can't thank him enough tbh.

Try to have a serious discussion with him. Ask him what he sees wrong with what you're doing. Do not take affront to what he tells you. Do your best to look at yourself through his eyes. He might have a good point.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 09-18-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 31 days registered Conversation Starter

I'm homeschooled.. and here is my schedule..

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum View Post
    I have to sneak at night cause I have a busy AF schedule, and is only available for 1-3 hours a week..

My Schedule:
    Monday: Internship at City Library Morning-Noon, Go home, Read Books.. Noon-Night
    Tuesday: Public Lectures (from 8-18.00)
    Wednesday: Stupid scouts training, and Music Classes
    Thursday: Meetings and stuff for making a competition with a Literature community
    Friday: 1-3 hours of Smite, more book reading after!
    Saturday:.. Oh Boy.. Teach Programming, Literature Review Time, Writing Classes, Debate Club, Family Dinner and Movie Time, Sleep
    Sunday: Workshops Galore all day

So only 3 hours a week..
    Remember, if you think you're busy, remember Sissyum is much more busier, practically has no weekends, enjoys all of those activities, and is only 15..

It's not educational if Apollo has no bow, nor it is 100% accurate (yeah they know, and they insisted that.. it's hard enough having LiamX.. now my parents also encourage that)

Every activity I mentioned in the above is included as a hobby k

Life is good
    For number 1 won't be an issue since every job I do is homework and it's already like that LMAO

NUMBER 2...

I don't need to study for tests since we don't have any unless once every 2 years, and for that test I prep at 1 month before the test

Number 3.. ok that's my bad

Number 4 always has been a daily routine

Number 5 done..

Number 6, if I'm in school I don't need to study to achieve A-.. So I don't cause A- is the minimum score from my parents back in formal school but I'm homeschooled.. so yeah

Number 7 XD.. nah a bit too late

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    lol, well it was worth a shot...maybe you need to tell your parents you are feeling to pressured with all the stuff you have to do. I can understand being home schooled (as I had a few friends that we're homeschooled) and honestly...getting a workload like what you have...is just far too much.

at the rate you are going, you'll have a nervous breakdown in your twenties. having something to help you distress (aside from books, because I know that didn't always work for me) is key to keeping an active healthy mind.

I thought of something else. if you can, sneak in some research about how video games improve life. I've heard things like; improved cognition, hand eye coordination, multitasking...etc.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    I don't think that's viable cause..
    err my parents don't believe those things, and it's far too late..
    Smite is the third game I snuck at night to play..
    first was DOTA and second was Paladins.. I'm lucky for Paladins, but, that's probably it..

Also for stress relief there's movies and TV series, which I think.. I dont know which to choose XD
    between Games and TV and Movies I chose Movies and TV a lot of times..

The problem is that I'm a teachers pet back in school..

And my parents adjust their expectations on the things I excel, but lower on things I suck at
    So on Art, and Sports they expect fewer things.. but on Science, Computer and Math?
    College Level...

I don't mind that really

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Well then. Looking at that schedule, I'd ask them to give you free reign on your bed time. You obviously seem to have a grasp on your schedule. You say you're excelling where you need to excel. If you're not disturbing them at night, why can't you stay up a little late and enjoy yourself? Has your performance slipped?

That being said, if they're worried about you being addicted, tell them that if you actually begin to show signs of it, then let them pull the plug. But yea dude... very VERY few people actually become addicted to games. And it shows big time when they do. They literally do NOTHING but game and shut literally everything else out of their life. Friends, Family, Work, School, Lovers, Bills, etc.

So long as you're doing what's asked of you, and it's not bothering them at night, why can't you stay up a few extra hours to do what you enjoy? That's punishing you for no viable reason other than their own paranoia and ignorance.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 09-18-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Well then. Looking at that schedule, I'd ask them to give you free reign on your bed time. You obviously seem to have a grasp on your schedule. You say you're excelling where you need to excel. If you're not disturbing them at night, why can't you stay up a little late and enjoy yourself? Has your performance slipped?
    Okay let me answer your questions..

If they gave me free reign of my bedtime.. I'd probably stay up all night.. that's a problem

I have a grasp on my schedule not cuz I want to grasp it.. I have a need to prove myself in every organisation possible to prove to my parents I'm not doing nothing..

I am excelling where I need to excel, I'm in a workshop at the Country's best university for sciences.. Oh wait.. I am addicted if I'm discussing this game in a workshop.. (although I'll admit I'm done with my work in this workshop, and is on a 10 minute break cause I'm faster than the college students)

My performance slipped a bit.. I'm late in making my reports by 1-2 days.. I spend lots of time in the forums and watching YouTube, cause of my relatively flexible schedule..

That being said, if they're worried about you being addicted, tell them that if you actually begin to show signs of it, then let them pull the plug. But yea dude... very VERY few people actually become addicted to games. And it shows big time when they do. They literally do NOTHING but game and shut literally everything else out of their life. Friends, Family, Work, School, Lovers, Bills, etc.
    The problem was I've shown this on DOTA, and they know It might actually happen once more with me..

Well I'm not addicted to playing, more like discussion of the game.. which THAT can be a problem

They also fear that If they let me play games I'd probably end up being a guy who spends their time playing games instead of working and stuff.. I'm sure I won't be that guy.. cause I'm a commited person to people I know, and proving myself is definitely a life need for me, so I'd prove myself regardless of what people think of me..

So long as you're doing what's asked of you, and it's not bothering them at night, why can't you stay up a few extra hours to do what you enjoy? That's punishing you for no viable reason other than their own paranoia and ignorance
    I can't sleep too late to wake up early XD, unless if I planned that..

And my life can only be declared healthy after 8 hours of sleep..

It's not their Paranoia and Ignorance, it's my habit of actually being stuck up in a game, and forgetting things like I mentioned in the above

I'm someone who is ADHD, meaning multitasking is an easy thing for me, it's in my nature XD

But if I'm stuck up on something.. my focus becomes Laser focus, which is something scary for them.. so It's better safe than sorry by pulling the plug before any symptoms
    I Used To Be The Forumer Sissyum, Until My Parents Took My Hirez Account
    Please Be Kind And Don't Give Me Red Reps For My Opinions, or Suggestions
    And Please Give Me Green Reps
    Best. Emote. Ever.
    Mains: Ares, Athena, Fafnir, Bacchus Hou Yi, Apollo, Cernunnos, Vulcan, Janus, Ravana

Achievements:
    Btw.. if you want to see me write and my activities, you can read every post in English,
    usually about Science and Mythology (most are in Indonesian, usually my event reports are in Indonesian) at the site:

Dikakipelangi.com
    I Used To Be The Forumer Sissyum, Until My Parents Took My Hirez Account
    Please Be Kind And Don't Give Me Red Reps For My Opinions, or Suggestions
    And Please Give Me Green Reps
    Best. Emote. Ever.
    Mains: Ares, Athena, Fafnir, Bacchus Hou Yi, Apollo, Cernunnos, Vulcan, Janus, Ravana