Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Does A Hunter Need?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered

What Does A Hunter Need?

Yeah title won't say it all..

Anyways, a kit consists of.. some stuff.. I'll peel them one by one per role, but currently and/or generally, what kind of Hunter would you want in your team?

Now Hachiman's release isn't bad, but he just seems boring for me, I think someone said his kit is assassin like, but his steroid (his 1) contradicts that..

Now, after taking a look at a bunch of Tierlists in Smite Guru and Youtube.. What are the characteristics a Hunter need to be somewhere above A+? (Based on your personal opinion, since tierlists are also affected by Personal Opinion)

Btw here is a quote from Another Forumer

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    One of the main things making these gods "Bad" is Hi-Rez's penchant for bloating other gods kits.

Like, AMC and Xbal are fine in their own right. They are strong Hunters and can do Hunter things and hard carry games. BUUUUT... Why pick them when you have Hunters like Rama, Skadi, Apollo, Hou Yi etc, who can do the same sort of carrying but have fully rounded kits with little to no weaknesses?

Heck, Apollo and Skadi used to be in similar positions. Skadi used to have no mobility and Apollo used to have bad wave clear, but then Hi-Rez buffed these aspects and they became top tier Hunters.
    Also note that I will peel (get it?) most Hunters, except Jing Wei and Ullr cause I don't get their kits.. sorry.. and Neith cause she is practically a mage too..

So... Let's take a look at some of the best Hunters..

Cernunnos:
    Passive: Some Jungle, and Lane Clear
    1: A Lifesteal, Prot Shred, Damage Buff, and Slow.. basically a Strong Steroid
    2: Good Clear, Root, AoE Zoning Tool, Poke
    3: Escape/Initiate/Chase
    4: CC, Area Denial, Damage Tool, Self Peel, Kill secure

Apollo: (I'm not sure if he is that Top Tier but I enjoy him a lot):
    Passive: Attack Speed Steroid
    1: Good Clear, Poke
    2: Self Peel, CC, Protection Buff
    3: Escape/Chase, CC, Slow, Knockback, Buff
    4: CC Immunity, Mobility, Escape (and definitely one of the safest escapes ever), Initiate, Kill Secure, Chase.

Skadi:
    Passive: Doggy, (treating this as a steroid)
    1: Good Clear, Poke, (does it slow? I forgot)
    2: Basically a command.. this is pretty bloated as I can't list all the things Kaldr can do
    3: Movement Speed Buff, CC, Damage, AoE Zoning
    4: CC, and Damage

Hou Yi:
    Passive: Fuck Crit
    1: Clear, Poke, Kill secure method, An insane way of dealing burst damage
    2: Reveal, Steroid, Adds CC to His Abilities
    3: Escape, Immune to damage, Initiate.. stuff
    4: AoE Denial Tool, Damage (loads of it), Slow, Kill Secure

Rama:
    Passive: err. I'm gonna treat him as if he has no passive
    1: Clear, Slow, Poke, Damage
    2: Steroid, More Clear
    3: Escape (while keeping eyes forward too), Cripple, Damage
    4: CC Immunity and Invulnerability, Death Delay, Kill Secure

Now let's take a look at the less good Hunters (the Balanced ones)

Anhur:
    Passive: Free Prot Shred
    1: Zoning Tool, Stupid deployable, Slow, and Damage Amp (in a sense, Steroid too), can be used to selfpeel
    2: Clear, Knockback, CC, Damage.. Can be used to selfpeel
    3: Escape, Knockback
    4: Damage, CC Immunity, Kill Secure

Cupid:
    Passive: Free Ability Damage
    1: Stun, 2 Ticks of Damage, Self Peel
    2: Heal, and Mana Sustain for u
    3: Escape, and buff for allies, and yourself
    4: LARGE Aoe Cripple, Damage, Slow, and a Mez, Aoe Denial Tool, Kill Secure Tool.

Medusa:
    Passive: Mobility, Juking tool
    1: Steroid, DoT, Burst Damage
    2: Clear, Poke
    3: CC, Dash, Escape, Initiate
    4: CC, Kill Secure, Damage, Self Peel (or to turn around Boxing situations)

Leaves us with Xbal, AMC, and Izanami.. I'm thinking their kits are awkward..
    And if we would like to take a look at every Hunter i listed as Good.. they all have Clear, Sometimes Self Peel (especially Skadi), CC Immunity, and a way to confirm kills, most times from range..

So there we have it.

I'm still asking though..

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum
    What are the characteristics a Hunter need to be somewhere above A+?
    I Love Rick Riordan's Books! Except Kane...
    Mains:
    Guardians: Ares, Athena, Fafnir
    Mage: Scylla, Isis
    Hunters: Hou Yi, Apollo
    If Someone Is Feeling Generous And Would Like To Donate Gems For Me, I'd Appreciate It My Mom's Strict About Minors Spending Money On Games

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,712
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    If something is above A+ it doesn't have to be just kit bloat or balancing, sometimes meta shifts, other gods being changed, or items can cause it heavily.

If you want examples of this; S3 Throwing Dagger, S2 Heartseeker, S4 Fatalis, S1-S2 Magi's Blessing, S0 + S2 Blink, S4 Combat Blink Consumable. Bellona gets nerfed and Osiris doesn't, Osiris reins supreme in solo lane. Gods with silences and cripples become popular, Odin and Awilix fall in popularity. V.2 Stone of Gaia on everything that isn't a hunter, Ares and Fenrir vanish from use. Its a lot more to take in why a character is "This Tier" than just, what does this character have compared to others in their class.
    Last edited by Goobis; 09-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    A hunter needs to be able to be a relelvent damage dealer with there basics. But they also need to have noticable weaknesses that only effect them. The top hunters have the damage but also have perfect covers to what weaknesses the class is supposed to have. Amc , xbal, and Artemis are what the class should be basic attacking paper shredders but have holes in there armor that the top hunters don't. It's more of what a hunter shouldn't have. A hunter shouldn't have a ult that rivals the size and damage of mage ults. They should not have free pen with no penalty. And they definitely don't need to have enough mobility to rival Susano and Serqet. A class needs weaknesses cause if not why choose any other class besides the whole. Of the supp and solo will just build physical prots(which can easily be worked around especially with how easy it is to get pen in a hunters build).

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    A top tier hunter needs:

- An Escape
    - Wave Clear
    - Useful Teamfight Ult

The first 2 are necessities, else the god gets called trash (See: Xbal, AMC, Arte)

While the latter is generally what pushes them from the cusp of top tier to actually S+ (See: Neith, Anhur, Iza whom all have escapes and good wave clear, but their ults are more niche when it comes to teamfighting)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The first 2 are necessities, else the god gets called trash (See: Xbal, AMC, Arte)
    Xbal have clear from his 1 and very good escape with CC immune in base kit.
    Also good hunter have power/AS buff in kit(Xba have it).

Bellona gets nerfed and Osiris doesn't
    He got nerfed from 50% mitigation to 30% if im not wrong.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Also good hunter have power/AS buff in kit(Xba have it)
    Xbal's 1 isn't really "good waveclear". Compare it to someone like Anhur, Apollo, Skadi, or others who can clear the wave with a single ability after a couple of levels/one item is finished. Xbal has to slowly chip away at the minions to clear them, or burn his 2+3 to quickly clear the wave. His escape, while decent, can be interrupted by a cripple/stun/etc before the CC immunity kicks in.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    answering your question from thread title: he need crit nerf
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    You can play Hachiman without ever skilling his 1 and you would never notice nor miss it. It is just that well designed.

His 2 is a decent ability, easy to hit with, easy to clear and that AS Buff for himself and allies is nifty to play around with.
    His 3 is fun to use mostly because it amkes you evaluate distance between yourself and your enemies on a slightly different level.

Now someone on this forum had the idea that it would have been awesome if his 1 would have been a melee steroid and I find myself agreeing. It would actually flow rather well with his kit since you can already combo his 2 and 3 nicely together for good burst, the stun while standing in the AS Zone, thus making the most out of the steroid.

You could do something similiar with his current 1 and arguably, his 1 is still better than most basic attack steroids could be (thinking more along the line of something like Erlangs 1, not another AS Buff here, for clarification) simply because it is ranged, but still I would have been like

His ultimate is okay. Pretty good actually for initating and finishing. Works nicely with speed boosts like Guan Yus does, so you can do some amazing chases with it.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Also good hunter have power/AS buff in kit(Xba have it).
    1) Xbal's clear is utter shite compared to actual Hunter clears. Hou Yi/Skadi/Apollo/Medusa nuking down the wave or Izanami/Rama chewing through it with AA's that hit all the minions for full damage.

2) Hou Yi and Skadi don't have Power or AS buffs yet they're both top tier. So, no, a good hunter does not need Power/AS buff.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Technically, Skadi does have a buff in the form of her dog... But, I understand your reasoning behind the statement.

Second, did you just say added %hp damage isn't a damage buff??.... Prwtending that's true, his passive pigeonholes you so either a Qins/pen build or it gives a power debuff in for form of crit negation which is the same this as a power buff at that point.