Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: [SPOILS] 4.17 PTS Datamining: Explosive Bacon Edition

  1. #31
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    By your logic, various Greek gods are insignificant because they had specific cults (Hades not being worshiped so much as feared) and being replaced when the Romans ate the Mediterranean. You're grasping at straws. Awilix's worship dying out means nothing at all; that's how religion works. Gods are born, they are worshiped, they die.
    The difference is that the Romans are a completely different civilization whereas Awilix was replaced by the Mayans themselves. Also, in case you didn't know, a lot of Greek cities worship multiple gods. They have patron gods but they still worship other gods. It's the reason why I would put the Olympians above anyone in the Greek pantheon.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Did anyone worship Loki? Fenrir? Kumbhakarna? Kuzenbo, who you seem to think so highly of?
    lol. Funny thing is, I don't think highly of half of them. Loki, yeah, he only started the greatest event in Norse Mythology and is the prime villain. Not very significant at all. Fenrir, no, he's not significant. He was only the strongest monster in Ragnarok and was the one who everyone feared. Nope, Awilix and Noobtio are definitely more significant than this Tyr hand-eating fellow.
    I can't recall even mentioning Kumbhakarna in any of my posts. You're making things up kind sir.
    And Kuzenbo, I have mentioned it many times before and I would be happy to repeat it. I only like him because his gameplay is exactly how I play the game. I have my dismay that he is not a god. Now if he was say... Ebisu and somewhat a similar gameplay, he'd be much much better.


    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    That doesn't make them better. Gods should be added for their gameplay potential.
    Well Noobtio is an unimportant Celtic deity and look at her gameplay. Boring, repeated, uninspired, bloated and overpowered. They're just adding for the sake of adding. At least if she was Dagda, she would have a redeeming quality.
    Last edited by LiamX; 09-09-2017 at 08:03 AM.

  2. #32
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Translation: Sexism only happens when women are facing it.
    lmao. This confirms your double standard.

    Also, I didn't say the chest was bad because it was all-female, I was referring to how they named that chest. I think I said that when we were discussing it?



    Why must we look at people as genders? I personally don't care what genders they are. I look at them as individuals. Lesser known, yes. But what we know is a different thing. That's what you said in your previous post.We have more knowledge of the Hero Twins: Hunahpu and Xbalanque for example than a lot of Greek deities.




    Changing the topic are we. How does that make Noobtio significant?
    What double standard? If there was a pantheon with only female deities, I'd complain too.

    If Awilix was male or wasn't added, there'd be no females in the Mayan pantheon, making it a Male only pantheon.

    If there was a Male only pantheon, then there'd need to be a Female only pantheon.

    Simple as that. All pantheons beyond say 5 gods should include both genders.

    ----

    I don't understand this "Translation: Sexism only happens when women are facing it." part. I'm not complaining that the Mayan pantheon is heavily, heavily skewed toward males, am I?

    There's literally 8 males and 1 female. I'm not complaining lol, I'm just glad there IS a female.

    The chest name? Really? What is wrong with Run the World? I told you it's a reference to the Amazon Empire because the poster skin was Amazon Athena.

    You're really being immature about this lol.

    BTW the chest is fair b/c there's also a male-only chest (Gentlemen).

    ---

    I'm not changing the topic. You wondered why such an unknown Deity as Artio entered SMITE. I told you why.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 09-09-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    What do I put here now?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfiexLuna View Post
    Watching the Liam vs Kek discussion is easily the best part about the Smite forums

    But going on to the datamining itself, Discordia's Turn Against is giving me a Sylvanas Possession from Heroes of the Storm and if it's anything like that i'll be happy since I flipping love it.

    Seeing the Manticore in a sexy HD variation will be a nice addition to the rare occasion I play the game mode and or motd involving Conquest.
    I don't see how someone kicking a pumpkin in exasperation can be considered entertaining, if for no other reason than the person doing the kicking has become so enraged that they forget that it is indeed a pumpkin they are mercilessly pummelling.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  4. #34
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    The difference is that the Romans are a completely different civilization whereas Awilix was replaced by the Mayans themselves. Also, in case you didn't know, a lot of Greek cities worship multiple gods. They have patron gods but they still worship other gods. It's the reason why I would put the Olympians above anyone in the Greek pantheon.
    The Roman religion was nothing short of a derivative of the Greek religion. You yourself have admitted that they're effectively the same thing. I don't suppose that because Shinto has largely fallen out of favor compared to Buddhism in Japan, that makes the entire Shinto pantheon obsolete? Because that's still within the confines of a single civilization.

    lol. Funny thing is, I don't think highly of half of them. Loki, yeah, he only started the greatest event in Norse Mythology and is the prime villain. Not very significant at all. Fenrir, no, he's not significant. He was only the strongest monster in Ragnarok and was the one who everyone feared. Nope, Awilix and Noobtio are definitely more significant than this Tyr hand-eating fellow.
    The word "doublethink" comes to mind here.

    I can't recall even mentioning Kumbhakarna in any of my posts. You're making things up kind sir.
    Never said you did. Fact is, he's a noteworthy character in the Ramayana, and he's in the game.

    And Kuzenbo, I have mentioned it many times before and I would be happy to repeat it. I only like him because his gameplay is exactly how I play the game.
    You do realize that gameplay was exactly the point of my argument, right? You really need to take a good long look at the nonsense you post if you don't want everyone to keep dismissing you as a troll, because you really do look like one when you contradict yourself like this. Really, the only reason I'm replying to these posts is because I have literally nothing better to do.

    Well Noobtio is an unimportant Celtic deity and look at her gameplay. Boring, repeated, uninspired, bloated and overpowered.
    She's not boring, you're just saying she is because you know your argument doesn't actually hold any water. And she was important. We know she received worship. The extent of this is not known because little survives of the Celtic cultures; therefore, your argument is wholly based on an assumption.

    They're just adding for the sake of adding. At least if she was Dagda, she would have a redeeming quality.
    Every god is added for the sake of adding. Being a major god isn't a redeeming quality for a character.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    I don't see how someone kicking a pumpkin in exasperation can be considered entertaining, if for no other reason than the person doing the kicking has become so enraged that they forget that it is indeed a pumpkin they are mercilessly pummelling.
    I'm not mad, I'm just really tired. Like, physically. I got no sleep because I was up all night modding the Undertale OST.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  5. #35
    Senior Member Chosen zitagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Posts
    1,321
    10
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    Can we just ban Liam for good? I mean, he seriously just trolls a this point, turning every thread into another "buff Raijin" or "nerf Noobtio" thread. It's a shame and makes me want to leave forum for good.

    Liam, we don't give a flying fuck about which character how important was in said mythology. Most people don't even know most pantheons here that well (though I know Greek the most and sorry, Eris/Discordia, is IMPORTANT) so stop telling which god is not worthy to be even in this game. You are not the one making the decisions at the HQ.

    I actually enjoy learning about new deities and if they have a fun gamstyle (Artio is actually fun, though I don't play her till she remains too strong) go for it then. Least we don' just see the faces we see everywhere.

    TL;DR: Stop saying how insignificant some gods are as a fact just because you think that way. Or simply:

    OT: Well, new CQ map sounds good so far, plus Discordia may actually be very good. We will see.

    Skadi is the new Neith xd. Stop giving her this many skin, Hi-rez XD.
    Genie of the Forum!

    Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

    Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

  6. #36
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Summing up Liam in one paragraph-

    Buff Raijin. Nerf Noobtio. I hate minor deities. I have problems with one female god in an entire pantheon - she shouldn't exist because she's not important enough. I have problems with a female-only chest but have no problems with the male-only chest - yet I deny being sexist and claim other people only care when its directed at females. I also troll every thread I enter with these idiotic views.

    PS: Even when I'm proven wrong on mythology and the importance of X deity, I deny the truth and spew my useless BS everywhere.

    "worthy discussion akin to that of repeatedly striking a wall with ones forehead" - SpanglyBalls.

    Did I get it right?

    It's hard to be more important than inciting the causes of most major wars in mythology and history, especially the Trojan War. @Discordia being important.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 09-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    What do I put here now?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Summing up Liam in one paragraph-

    Buff Raijin. Nerf Noobtio. I hate minor deities. I have problems with one female god in an entire pantheon - she shouldn't exist because she's not important enough. I have problems with a female-only chest but have no problems with the male-only chest - yet I deny being sexist and claim other people only care when its directed at females. I also troll every thread I enter with these idiotic views.

    Did I get it right?
    You forgot "worthy discussion akin to that of repeatedly striking a wall with ones forehead"
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  8. #38
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    You know what the really tragic thing about all of this is now?

    I used to be excited about new Chinese/Japanese gods being put in. Now I just internally sigh because I know I need to brace myself for someone who can't stop repeating themselves nor keep their emotions in check on a system that requires you to actually type privately, and hit confirm to post it. How someone can have that much wildness to their posting is beyond me, but moreso the repetitiveness of their argument.

    OT: After seeing Hachiman's skills in the reveal (I've been really busy so the PTS and streams are beyond me) I can say I'm excited to try him. I'm also excited for Discordia until proven otherwise (her 3D model, kit, splash art). Look at that, I'm excited for both things before jumping to conclusions.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Honoured Sissyum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    With My Mom (Im 15, chill
    Posts
    881
    7
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    Can we just ban Liam for good? I mean, he seriously just trolls a this point, turning every thread into another "buff Raijin" or "nerf Noobtio" thread. It's a shame and makes me want to leave forum for good.

    Liam, we don't give a flying fuck about which character how important was in said mythology. Most people don't even know most pantheons here that well (though I know Greek the most and sorry, Eris/Discordia, is IMPORTANT) so stop telling which god is not worthy to be even in this game. You are not the one making the decisions at the HQ.

    I actually enjoy learning about new deities and if they have a fun gamstyle (Artio is actually fun, though I don't play her till she remains too strong) go for it then. Least we don' just see the faces we see everywhere.

    TL;DR: Stop saying how insignificant some gods are as a fact just because you think that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Summing up Liam in one paragraph-

    Buff Raijin. Nerf Noobtio. I hate minor deities. I have problems with one female god in an entire pantheon - she shouldn't exist because she's not important enough. I have problems with a female-only chest but have no problems with the male-only chest - yet I deny being sexist and claim other people only care when its directed at females. I also troll every thread I enter with these idiotic views.

    PS: Even when I'm proven wrong on mythology and the importance of X deity, I deny the truth and spew my useless BS everywhere.

    Did I get it right?

    It's hard to be more important than inciting the causes of most major wars in mythology and history, especially the Trojan War. @Discordia being important.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    You know what the really tragic thing about all of this is now?

    I used to be excited about new Chinese/Japanese gods being put in. Now I just internally sigh because I know I need to brace myself for someone who can't stop repeating themselves nor keep their emotions in check on a system that requires you to actually type privately, and hit confirm to post it. How someone can have that much wildness to their posting is beyond me, but moreso the repetitiveness of their argument.
    I have come to the point where I won't bother typing a single word about Liam's Fucked Up Opinions..

    Everyone is doing this so I don't have to..

    I'll just sit in the backline watching The Flash as everyone "comments" (read: Flames) on his opinions..

    Life is good..

    Oh wait, it isn't.. Liam still exists, and ain't banned yet

    Also, I still wonder how someone can get to the point of making any thread onto a Buff *insert a Weeb Pantheon God Here* or Nerf *Insert so called insignificant god here*

    He has to be too creative to do so
    I Love Rick Riordan's Books! Except Kane...
    Mains:
    Guardians: Ares, Athena, Fafnir
    Mage: Scylla, Isis
    Hunters: Hou Yi, Apollo
    If Someone Is Feeling Generous And Would Like To Donate Gems For Me, I'd Appreciate It My Mom's Strict About Minors Spending Money On Games

  10. #40
    Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,092
    7
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    Skadi is the new Neith xd. Stop giving her this many skin, Hi-rez XD.
    Least Skadi has actually good looking skins :P

    Anyway I think her datamined skin is going to be this year convention recolor, actually my choice fall between her and the second Nu Wa skin.
    I can be a guardian angel

    or a rampaging demon

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •