Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.17 Patch notes discussion

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    The Celtic pantheon pricing to be drastically more unique than the Japanese one, I'm glad the Celts were added.

The Morrigan and Cernunnos Ults were extremely unique, Cu Chulainn a very unique passive and approach to managing and Artio our only true stance changing guardian. Can't wait for the Assassin who will ideally be this year too.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Odin: A slight nerf finally sounds good.
    Slight? You're kidding right? His passive is getting a 50% less movement speed than it used to and his main damaging skill deals 10% less damage. Add the fact that he has to give up his escape for that and is easy to counter and predictable. Basically they want to make Odin unplayable.

Sacrificing Ajax to fuel the arrival of Jormungandr.
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    @WolfiexLuna Well they should have delayed the Celts until next year. We need more Japanese in this game.

I very much doubt Hi-Rez would delay the Celtic pantheon, the second most demanded pantheon to be added just because a select few want more Japanese gods.

Hell, even if we didn't get the Celts this year we wouldn't have gotten more Japanese gods this year because surprise surprise there are 7 other pantheons which need love as well.
    Gimme more of them Norse, Celtic, Slavic and Arthurian gods and we'll be gucci bro.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfiexLuna View Post

I very much doubt Hi-Rez would delay the Celtic pantheon, the second most demanded pantheon to be added just because a select few want more Japanese gods.

Hell, even if we didn't get the Celts this year we wouldn't have gotten more Japanese gods this year because surprise surprise there are 7 other pantheons which need love as well.
    a few? You mean the majority who won made the Japanese won in that voting thing?
    Also, no. Kuzenbo's gonna be added regardless. What's stopping them from one more? We could have given those 4 Celtic spots to the Mayans and Hindu. The least loved pantheons in Smite.
    Also, if there were no Celts this year, we could have avoided the failure that is Noobtio.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    The main reason we even added a Japanese pantheon was to celebrate our game breaking into the country, so I imagine the Gundam Thor and all the other stuff was an act of goodwill more than anything.

Sorry Celtics trigger you so much.

Edit: I think we're getting off track. As for the Odin nerfs, I'm biased because I hate him but I took a personal glee seeing him crushed into the ground. Not saying he's good or bad, just annoying. Like Loki tiers of annoying for me.
    Last edited by RamenFrog; 09-06-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,807
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    a few? You mean the majority who won made the Japanese won in that voting thing?
    Also, no. Kuzenbo's gonna be added regardless. What's stopping them from one more? We could have given those 4 Celtic spots to the Mayans and Hindu. The least loved pantheons in Smite.
    Also, if there were no Celts this year, we could have avoided the failure that is Noobtio.
    And if there were no Japanese gods, we could of avoided unorignal/failure Raijin, failure Susano'o, failure Izanami, and now boring Hachiman. The Celtics have brought actually different mechanics into the game whereas most of the Japanese pantheon was either crap rehashes or blatant lies about what a character was supposed to be.

Artio has more creativity put into her than most of the crap Japan pantheon's cast.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Bastet: Well at least the buff isn't anything that should put her on the nerf radar. But this was an odd choice. We know her cats are death prone late game so we will buff you with a mage one shots all three. Why not just buff their defense?

Hel: Has been strong since her revamp. Aror just had to show people how to fit her in to conquest., but she needed the nerf.

Odin: Didn't need his last buff so not surprised about this nerf.

Ravana and SWK nerfs probably weren't needed.

Zeus: Buff wasn't needed

Hachiman seems like he could be interesting though I don't really like his default look.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    Bastet: Well at least the buff isn't anything that should put her on the nerf radar. But this was an odd choice. We know her cats are death prone late game so we will buff you with a mage one shots all three. Why not just buff their defense?

Hel: Has been strong since her revamp. Aror just had to show people how to fit her in to conquest., but she needed the nerf.

Odin: Didn't need his last buff so not surprised about this nerf.

Ravana and SWK nerfs probably weren't needed.

Zeus: Buff wasn't needed

Hachiman seems like he could be interesting though I don't really like his default look.
    You not agree on SWK and Ravana nerfs? Seemed obvious to me they were coming though Odin nerf was too much - hitting movement stats and passive sure but nerfing the bonus damage? He falls of a cliff hard late game as it is without turning him into nothing but an ult bot again... Games last forever these days so they nerfed an early game bullies damage - I'm puzzled by it. Especially as they recognised in SAME patch how hard Bastet falls off late game as her ult spawns become one shot fodder for full build targets.

I'll see how next patch or so goes - they want more diversity in jungle and solo but people ain't gonna suddenly pick up Chaac, Guan Yu, Nike or Tyr again just because theyve nerfed 5 of the most popular 6 warriors. At least I don't see it personally. Likewise in jungle nobody is gonna go Bakasura, Arachne or likely Bastet still - there's too much of a gulf between some gods kits Vs alternatives.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    And if there were no Japanese gods, we could of avoided unorignal/failure Raijin, failure Susano'o, failure Izanami, and now boring Hachiman. The Celtics have brought actually different mechanics into the game whereas most of the Japanese pantheon was either crap rehashes or blatant lies about what a character was supposed to be.

Artio has more creativity put into her than most of the crap Japan pantheon's cast.
    I thought you like original. Hachiman is original in a sense that 3 of his skills rely on basic attacks. No other god is like that.
    Susano and Raijin were horribly nerfed for some reason but they are original. I mean, name another god who has 3 moves in 1 skill?
    Izanami, yeah not really original but she is fun to play.

Artio is not creative. She's just another stance switcher with bloated CC, high damage and tankiness. She's more of a failure due to how broken she is than any other god in the game and definitely very unoriginal.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    You not agree on SWK and Ravana nerfs? Seemed obvious to me they were coming though Odin nerf was too much - hitting movement stats and passive sure but nerfing the bonus damage? He falls of a cliff hard late game as it is without turning him into nothing but an ult bot again... Games last forever these days so they nerfed an early game bullies damage - I'm puzzled by it. Especially as they recognised in SAME patch how hard Bastet falls off late game as her ult spawns become one shot fodder for full build targets.

I'll see how next patch or so goes - they want more diversity in jungle and solo but people ain't gonna suddenly pick up Chaac, Guan Yu, Nike or Tyr again just because theyve nerfed 5 of the most popular 6 warriors. At least I don't see it personally. Likewise in jungle nobody is gonna go Bakasura, Arachne or likely Bastet still - there's too much of a gulf between some gods kits Vs alternatives.
    Agreed. The Odin nerf specifically is too much. They're trying to make him unplayable. I personally always win a solo lane against an Odin even if I'm using a mage. Odin is very easy to counter.
    Who is the 6th most popular warrior by the way? Is it Bellona? If yes, it confirms dev's bias on her. tsk tsk tsk.
    Last edited by LiamX; 09-07-2017 at 01:46 AM.