Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.17 Patch notes discussion

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SantasLiLHelper View Post
    The situational aspect of the passive is not related to the actual boost obtained from it. You think it is deserved, fine, I think it is a bit excessive. Odin did not strongly rely on this speed boost anyway so this will not hurt him significantly.

It applies only to bonus damage when the shield is at full health. So in theory it could indeed also apply to damage dealt without bird bombing, but only if Odin is somehow not attacked during the full duration of the shield, which is highly improbable.

His damage is not "nearly halved", it is 96% of what it used to be (see my previous post).... nothing to cry about at all. Indeed, Odin's strength is in the early game, that is well known and remains unaffected.
    I think you haven't played Odin. I personally depend on Raven's Shout + Dive Bomb to deal massive amount of damage early game. Odin is strongest early game but he falls off pretty hard late game so I need to harass my opponent early game as much as I can. And no, he needs that movement speed in situations wherein you're chasing the enemy or you're the last man standing. You say he can just jump? Enemy gods can jump with you and will cancel that out. At least those enemy gods has a passive. Odin's can only be used when gods die and now, it's not as useful as before because of the 50% reduction in movement speed.

Also, a reduction of 5 in base movement speed is significant. They used it to buff Susano, his only buff last patch and he was a little bit better.

Also, it was clear in the nerf patch notes that his shield damage is reduced from 25% to 15%. Half of 25% is 12.5%. I don't see how you got the 96% calculation.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    HirezFish literally said that Raijin was a utility mage and that Susano'o couldn't 100-0 you on their patch reveals.

When the designer of the character's spectrum is at a complete opposite of what came out, that is pretty bad.

On another note, his entire kit was aoe and three of his abilities had over 100% scaling. His main move being a large cone-full circle ability with 420 + 180% scaling that also had a dash option, proc'd bluestone twice, and allowed him to use Hydra's Lament three times in one ability.
    Actually, it's not pretty bad. There is this thing called flexibility. If things don't go out with how you plan it, be flexible and change your strategy.
    I mean I wouldn't know. I wasn't here when they were released but they are fun to play now, especially Raijin. Though, he's a bit underpowered, I have fun playing him.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    But when a good is designed to suit a play style they have to at least try to fit in that keyhole. Imagine if Merc was released today and Hi Rez say he will be a early game ability burst assassin that falls off late. He comes out he gets a few buffs to help late game and one day people discover he is a late game monster that needs the entire enemy team just to stop him. Imagine if Cabraken was released saying he is a supp that helps by providing percent damage reduction and kill sucures with his stuns and ult. Surprise surprise people find out how to easily delete and enemies health in 1 ability and basic. If they were released like that they would have been nerfed to the ground and thought of as failed God's that hi rez needs to look at

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    When a god comes out and does the opposite of their intended design, that is a major problem. Susano, "who wasnt meant to 100-0" could take 75% of anyone's health at level 1. Had kill potential on anyone at level 2. Day one I first blooded a Hercules at level 2.

Achievements:
    People. What you are describing are OP gods, not the opposite of what was intended. Now I know Susano and Raijin were OP on release but so were Bellona, Noobtio and so many gods you can think of. The problem is when the god becomes OP, not when they were different of what was planned.

Member Follower SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    I think you haven't played Odin.
    Not on the SantasLilHelper account, but I have played him a fair amount on my previous main account (DeHavik).

I personally depend on Raven's Shout + Dive Bomb to deal massive amount of damage early game. Odin is strongest early game but he falls off pretty hard late game so I need to harass my opponent early game as much as I can. And no, he needs that movement speed in situations wherein you're chasing the enemy or you're the last man standing. You say he can just jump? Enemy gods can jump with you and will cancel that out. At least those enemy gods has a passive. Odin's can only be used when gods die and now, it's not as useful as before because of the 50% reduction in movement speed.
    I don't dispute this, you are right that he is nerfed in his movement speed. I just do not think this will hurt him significantly. As you have said as well in a previous post, the advantage he gets from his passive is very situational.

Also, it was clear in the nerf patch notes that his shield damage is reduced from 25% to 15%. Half of 25% is 12.5%. I don't see how you got the 96% calculation.
    Again, the nerf ONLY applies to BONUS damage on top of the normal Raven Shout damage, that you get with a full health shield. When you look at the damage from Raven Shout + Lunge together, aka the bird bomb, you get at level 1:

120 damage from Lunge (+70% of physical power);
    100 damage from Raven Shout (+60% of physical power);
    25 (old) or 15 (new) damage from Raven Shout bonus at full health.

Adding everything together and disregarding the small difference in physical power scaling (taking it into account only makes the difference smaller), this is 245 (old) versus 235 (new). 235 damage is 96% of 245 damage.

Member Follower SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    People. What you are describing are OP gods, not the opposite of what was intended. Now I know Susano and Raijin were OP on release but so were Bellona, Noobtio and so many gods you can think of. The problem is when the god becomes OP, not when they were different of what was planned.
    Raijin was being described by the developers as a "utility mage" and was supposed to provide "utility" rather than burst. The "utility" was supposed to come in the form of cc (mez on 3 and selectable kind of cc in his ult) and revealing enemies on the minimap (via his 2). That was the idea at least, but he could burst down anyone in seconds anyway.... The idea of a "utility mage" kind of flopped (at least with Raijin) because the utility he provides is not all that useful. The result is a kit that is really hard to balance, as is obvious from the state he has been in and is in currently. This is what can be called a failed design.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    And no, he needs that movement speed in situations wherein you're chasing the enemy or you're the last man standing.
    Who doesn't though? Its an insanely good buff. Never got why they buffed him so much a while back but he has been op for to long, i welcome to nerfs.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Cupidhead MutzThaPrah's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    People. What you are describing are OP gods, not the opposite of what was intended. Now I know Susano and Raijin were OP on release
    Don't remember Raijin ever being strong, definitely never OP

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    ugly nuwa skin
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game