Thread: Hanging up the Collar

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,215
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender

Hanging up the Collar

Heya guys.

To make a long story short, I am no longer affiliated with the moderation team of the Smite Forums nor am I a Super Moderator. It has been a good run for just over a year on the moderation team and I am very grateful that Ponpon allowed me the privilege to join it, but as with all things, they change. When I joined last year, the forums were a bit different. They had more people, we had more discussion, we had actual Hirez interaction... But things have changed a bit, some for better and some for worse.

For starters in April, I got a promotion and a full time job at the company I work for, so that cut a lot of time I had open for being able to moderate the forums. Most of the time I'd be on around 8:00 pm and at the point, the forums are pretty much quite and dead. Another is that my drive for moderation had dwindled. When I first started I already had cases where I would have things taken care of or keep in check, I knew some areas had some shady spots I had always wanted to take care of. But now its mainly just some newer users being petty and entitled for everything now that the big issues have been removed so... kinda lackluster I guess. Finally the last reason I no longer wish to moderate the forums is the compete absence of Hirez interaction. Now let it be reminded that I love this company and I support/enjoy a lot of the changes they do, but when Ponpon got a promotion from CM to System Designer... the interaction with the company almost fully died. The last time the AMA thread for the CMs got answered was because someone from the forums made a post about the neglect on Reddit and it reached the front page... I understand we are volunteers but when I get next to no communication with said people I am volunteering my time for, I do not wish to continue this.

Anyways thank you guys a ton for putting up with me. I wish the current standing moderation team the best and hope the coming months of the forums see improvement. I am probably wishing into dead space but any form of interaction even just as little as a "Hi guys we know you exist" would be nice. Thank you again Ponpon for the opportunity and now to roam the forums once again as a powerless pleb. -w-

Mod Dog out, filthy casual pupper back in.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    now to roam the forums once again as a powerless pleb. -w-
    *stares at Rep power*....

Sorry I had to. Ignore me
    What do I put here now?

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Thanks for being a Supermod dude, you've been a great rolemodel for any new people coming onto the forums <3
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Finally the last reason I no longer wish to moderate the forums is the compete absence of Hirez interaction.
    Now you can be unrestrained in being sharply critical about HiRez' non-engagement and non-involvement.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Well said, shame they'll never read it...

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Sorry to see you go Goobis. You did good job at moderating Sadly I don't share your love for the company. I'll always be bitter about their abysmal treatment to their 1st game, plus their "yeah, didn't work out" line with their excuse for abandoning GA2.

*ahem* Sorry. I do miss PonPon's presence on the forum. Its laughable how they recruited like 3 people to reply ask a community manager and it takes WEEKS to reply, if you even get any.

Anyway, best of luck for the future!