Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: suicide for kills in smite shouldnt be rewarded

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead toyanap's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

suicide for kills in smite shouldnt be rewarded

this is mostly about arena but it's the same in most other modes anyway and considering probably a very big part of the population of smite plays these modes, they should be taken more seriously and arena is a team fight simulator which is what "higher level" conquest should look like and not some silly pve

suicide is way too rewarding and too many people non-stop just suicide for a kill because there's no penalty for it and that's just stupid and promoting such a mentality and such logic is really bad. Since i started smite this has irked me the most and it's getting harder and harder to endure how some pathetic kid picks some forceful god (like loki or hebo or thanatos or arachne or whatever, anything with high damage and kill potential) and just goes in to suicide in someone in the enemy team (mostly a lower mobility god) and makes it his life mission to ruin someone else's time by nonstop just abusing the fact that he loses nothing for it

like, these people don't even try to flank, they straight up just walk in 5 people and hope that enemy team is really bad so it doesn't punish (which often happens) but even if enemy team punishes there are illiterate kids that cant even spell english words properly just body throwing and getting 15-20 deaths per arena no problem for them , as long as they can drag you down with them or at least hinder you in some way. Who cares about winning game or winning anything (and they still win way more than they should because it isnt punished enough) when you can suicide into a random guy??!?

i started this game with several main gods but the ones without excessive amount of escapes are just getting more and more frustrating to play because some kid some game will decide to throw itself at me 40 times even if it fails 30 times it still succeeds 10 and it wouldn't if my team were prepared and on high alert but they not always are

the whole concept and mentality of suicide for a kill is very wrong and in smite it happens way more than any other moba that i've experienced

New Member Cupidhead Charger1381's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Every game type has a different strategy associated with it. In arena, an ares that dives in, ults the whole team and sets up even 1-2 kills and enough damage to push the rest back to fountain at the cost of his life played his role and helped his team. 1-2 kills plus pushing the team back enough that you might push minions in too.

Putting an entire wave of minions into the portal helps about as much as getting a kill. So if I dive in, kill one person and distract you enough that I pushed a wave of minions through, I helped the team more than I hurt it.

That being said, I pretty much only use Arena to test out new gods that I haven't played or haven't played in a long time. I don't even bother with it regularly anymore.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    It is punished. A team can lose because someone does that too much. Best case scenario they go 1 for 1. Worst case that person feeds the other team and lowers your ticket count.

I had a Da Ji that did nothing but teleport to a group of 5 straight down the center of the map then immediately died over and over then after the 3 death in about 2 minutes. She starts screaming attack. In the end the rest of the team was positive and no siege minions got in, but because 5 and 13 Da Ji. We lose by a few tickets after she went afk for a while then came back to feed some more.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Just from the phrasing alone I don't believe you have the qualifications to even talk about this subject before you become more skilled.

It's called trading by the way and it's more of a "WORTH!" thing for the guy going 14-2-9 when someone aegis their kill and they fountain dive them, it's not actually worth it, it's just about dominance.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    So let me get this straight. You're essentially angry that someone manages to evade a full team and score a kill, even if they end up dying in the process? And you think that "shouldn't be rewarded?" Why not? If I'm playing a god like Mercury, and I manage to dive past your whole team and crush a squishy in the back line, that doesn't mean I somehow "suck". It means your team failed to do anything to stop it. Even if I die afterwards, if I manage to take down a high-value target, it's "worth".

If your team is failing to counter a single enemy diving into ALL OF THEM and still managing to score a kill before dying (or worse, getting away with it), why is it that the person who dove should be punished? You may as well argue that tower-diving to kill someone and then dying to the tower should be "punished" as well.

It's funny that you call them "some pathetic kid" when they can dive through your full team and get a kill. Being grumpy about dying when you're playing a non-mobile squishy god doesn't accomplish anything. Do better at positioning yourself. Communicate with your teammates. Use your actives better.

But whining about it and demanding they be "punished" for having the audacity to gank you is ridiculous.

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    So you say that most of melee gods should get removed from the game because it's to risky to play them and even if they kill but die after a kill they won't get rewarded. Cool. What about a bloodforge? Some people go close to death and manage to get a pentakill because of the goddamn shield saving their lives and increase temporarily their HP pool.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Play a different type of god or practically camp near your fountain if you come to realize that no one on your team is looking out for you.

I recommend the rant thread for future complaints because there is no real solution to this. People can't be punished simply because you don't like their playstyle.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Trading is... trading. There are good deals and bad deals.

Are you killing someone with levels over you? Is it first blood? Is it part of a multikill? Are you, say, a support or solo removing the ADC from a teamfight and drawing all attention to you meanwhile? All good trades.

Do you have levels over them and the towerdiving means you'll giving them a kill? Are you an ADC chasing someone half jungle away when there's a teamfight or objective somewhere else? You're being dumb.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    You are talking like they are actually rewarded, you have many options, you kill someone and you die, that can be worth or not, really, let's say arena, since it's the mode you are talking about, what if my team is losing and I kill someone but I die too, how's that rewarding? Unless he was in a kill streak it won't be worth, and even if he was if you are too close to losing it won't be rewarding. Suiciding for a kill most of the time it's not rewarding, even less in other modes where you have objectives to defend. And no, Arena shouldn't be taken more seriously than Conquest, just because you enjoy it more it doesn't mean it's the mode were balance should be decided, accept that it is Conquest and try to see how balance works there when making a thread complaining about an "unfair" situation.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Suiciding is actually bad for you and your team.

In most cases especially with people like Loki who jump far far ahead into the enemy, they get a kill, none of their team gets an assist, and all five of the enemy get assist/kill on the Loki.

Meaning enemy gets more gold/xp in the "trade".
    What do I put here now?