Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I Think It's Time Smite gets Organized

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    I agree Thor isn't a bad one to start but think Hun still is easier since even if you can't secure a kill fear no evil is annoying enough just using that on the enemy is annoy for them.

And despite Bastet being one of my mains she has a lot of counters which I didn't would be good for a new person.
    Bun Hatz might be easier, but I still think for a beginner Assassin, he plays far too differently to be a good starter to teach someone the role. No other Assassin, except maybe Da Ji, is defined by having a huge teamfight control ult that will set up your carries to tear apart a team.

I mean, a newbie could get wins from doing pretty bad overall but landing some clutch ults which is good. But it won't help once they swap to another Assassin and have no clue how to play the momentum based class that generally needs to quickly target prioritize, get in, put out their damage and then get out before they get locked down.

It's why I think Thor is a good starter, since not only does he have a bit of a safety cushion in that his CC is always relevant and he sets up for his own damage output, but he also plays more like a typical Assassin. Find a vulnerable target, go in and delete them and get out.

I mean, the only Assassin I'd probably put in lieu of Thor is maybe Camazotz. Given that he's got a bit of sustain in his kit, his ult can make up for poor plays and he has huge base damage so can build some defences while a newbie learns how to properly position and gank.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Ok guys. Yeah the rotation is good. But the main purpose of this topic is to have only 1 god per game. Not 2 gods. Like if you have Thor in the game, the enemy team can't have him. That way, the game won't look weird.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Ok guys. Yeah the rotation is good. But the main purpose of this topic is to have only 1 god per game. Not 2 gods. Like if you have Thor in the game, the enemy team can't have him. That way, the game won't look weird.
    yes this has been on my complaint list since I started. the annoying thing is then like dota it will lead to ppl not locking in gods till the last second and also what would be the point of playing ranked then. not that I care cuz ranked is aids. non blind picks in casual will never happen

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    yes this has been on my complaint list since I started. the annoying thing is then like dota it will lead to ppl not locking in gods till the last second and also what would be the point of playing ranked then. not that I care cuz ranked is aids. non blind picks in casual will never happen
    I mean, Ranked exists for exactly that strategic purpose. It would make Ranked system pointless, even tho i wouldnt be against a casual draft match
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Ah yes, now games will be a race to see which team can instalock the strongest gods in the lobby and the other side can twiddle their thumbs until 10 for an ez F6.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    I mean, Ranked exists for exactly that strategic purpose. It would make Ranked system pointless, even tho i wouldnt be against a casual draft match
    And it also exists for tracking your skill. (Casual doesnt give you a rank)

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolizen View Post
    Ah yes, now games will be a race to see which team can instalock the strongest gods in the lobby and the other side can twiddle their thumbs until 10 for an ez F6.
    You don't have to instalock, you can hold it in before locking. Also, I think that's better. That way, your strategy changes with the hands your dealt with. Like your favorite god is chosen by someone else. Try learning someone new. Or if you're in a team, someone destroyed your strategy because the opponent picked one of your combo gods. Pick someone else and adapt to these changes.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    I don't even mean draft just let everyone see who's picking who. I've wanted more types of casual conquest for a long time, prolly cuz I came from dota 2. all random conquest would get interesting lol or the dota style random draft where each person gets 5 random gods to use 1 from each arch-type. but we've all heard the problem of how not enuff ppl playing modes screws the matchmaking...

and for the while ranked argument of tracking skill I'd prefer to point out that ranked is more like who gets less asshats on their team. that matchmaking is just as horrible as casuals. which is why I avoid it like the plague

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Yep cause one can adapt to the comp of Loki, Basset, Thanatos, and Sol.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    If you're going to expand it to 10 gods for free, then this is probably what I'd go with:

Guardians: Ymir and Sobek
    Warriors: Guan Yu and Chaac
    Assassins: Thor and Nemesis
    Hunters: Neith and Medusa
    Mages: Ra and Kukulkan

Reason being that none of them have particularly complex mechanics and can be played straight-forwardly in their roles without much fuss. I wouldn't want to give new players gods that they might find difficult to understand, such as someone suggesting Cu Chulainn, or gods with executes, as new players would likely find those to be "omg overpowered".

I'm not so sure about making it so that teams can't have duplicates, though. That would make early levels pretty painful for people without the god pack. You get into the match, start looking over the gods you might want to play, and what, see them gray out as the enemy team grabs them up? So now instead of competing with 4 other people to get a particular god, you're competing with 9. No reason to block duplicates from the other team. It also robs you of the little game to see "who the better <god> is".