Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Think It's Time Smite gets Organized

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

I Think It's Time Smite gets Organized

When I started playing Smite, it was kinda weird seeing two same gods in the same game. Like for example, two Hercules in opposing teams or two Thors in opposing teams. It was the same reaction from my friends when I introduced this game to them. They were shocked seeing two same gods in one game.

I understand this is not the case in ranked but it would be nice if every god is unique per game in normal. Like the old Dota 2. Instead of blind pick, people can pick whoever they want in a given time and see the enemy team's pick. That's also good strategically. For example, the enemy has Zeus, Poseidon and Hou Yi. That means one of your teammates can pick Odin or Ares to mess with their combo. That's unless the enemy team gets to them first.

To accommodate this idea better, we need 10 starter gods instead of 5. Since, there will be at maximum, 10 gods in a game. Well, Smite already has a huge pool of gods. It should be ok to have 5 more free. So it can be 2 from each role. And one from each pantheon (2 from 1 pantheon).
    say the starter gods will be...

Hindu warrior: Vamana
    Celtic warrior: Cu Chulainn - there will be a tutorial dedicated for him
    Greek Hunter: Artemis
    Norse Assassin: Thor
    Japanese Assassin: Susano
    Roman Guardian: Bacchus
    Mayan Guardian: Cabrakan
    Chinese Mage: Nuwa
    Egyptian Mage: Ra

then by the end of the tutorial, the player can choose one hunter from different pantheons to unlock
    and will be told of their corresponding difficulty level

Easy:
    - Neith - recommended for new players
    - Cupid
    - Jingwei

Moderate:
    - Apollo
    - Cernunnos
    - Izanami

Hard:
    - Rama
    - Skadi
    - Xbalanque

Having 10 starter gods instead of 5 will also encourage new players to play more having more free gods to try out.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by LiamX; 08-27-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I like it.

Good QoL change that allows newer players to get the hang of SMITE quicker

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Neith is great, it can help newer players from feeding just by pressing 3, doesn't work agaisnt all gods but yeah...

Cupid I personally hate him...

Skadi is kewl especially as a dragon not that hard to play IMO, but the whole pet thing idk how useful it really is.

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    You have 5 gods perma unlocked and 5 in a rotation resulting in 10 free gods available to pick. As a new player you get god coupons to unlock any god of your choice even the new one that cost is 11k favors(don't know how many coupons are there but at least two so you have access to 10-12 gods if unlocked ones are not in rotation). Also about not blind pick... I have no idea how it would work, but it would be a race to pick specific god like Ares Odin or something else(player with poor PC will lose race for sure). Then it would be waiting for enemy team to see what they take to make a better counter team. This is just 2 reasons why it would not work and I can find more.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I feel like there was some talk in a casual draft pick mode at some point, but I can't remember when it was brought up or by who. I'm honestly okay with that idea due to breaking people into ranked better.

On a sidenote, I still have no idea why Thor is considered "a beginner's" assassin/jungler. Why not Bastet, Hun Batz or Rat? It was the only thing that just struck me as odd when I was first starting out.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    Neith is great, it can help newer players from feeding just by pressing 3, doesn't work agaisnt all gods but yeah...

Cupid I personally hate him...

Skadi is kewl especially as a dragon not that hard to play IMO, but the whole pet thing idk how useful it really is.
    In my opinion Skadi is easy but that's because I know exactly what to build, what to do, when my power spikes come, how and when to micro-manage my dog, and what skills to rank.
    With all of that put together I can pretty much run over anyone the same level as me. In comparison to Neith who can pretty much build whatever and be successful as long as you can hit one ability.

Gods that essentially only rely on one ability to be successful, like Thanatos are very good for newer players so their brain is on less clutter and more focused on what's happening.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    That sounds like it would just encourage instant lockers. Premades will already know what combo they may want and just lock it before the other team.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    When I started playing Smite, it was kinda weird seeing two same gods in the same game. Like for example, two Hercules in opposing teams or two Thors in opposing teams. It was the same reaction from my friends when I introduced this game to them. They were shocked seeing two same gods in one game.

I understand this is not the case in ranked but it would be nice if every god is unique per game in normal. Like the old Dota 2. Instead of blind pick, people can pick whoever they want in a given time and see the enemy team's pick. That's also good strategically. For example, the enemy has Zeus, Poseidon and Hou Yi. That means one of your teammates can pick Odin or Ares to mess with their combo. That's unless the enemy team gets to them first.

To accommodate this idea better, we need 10 starter gods instead of 5. Since, there will be at maximum, 10 gods in a game. Well, Smite already has a huge pool of gods. It should be ok to have 5 more free. So it can be 2 from each role. And one from each pantheon (2 from 1 pantheon).
    say the starter gods will be...

Hindu warrior: Vamana
    Celtic warrior: Cu Chulainn - there will be a tutorial dedicated for him
    Greek Hunter: Artemis
    Norse Assassin: Thor
    Japanese Assassin: Susano
    Roman Guardian: Bacchus
    Mayan Guardian: Cabrakan
    Chinese Mage: Nuwa
    Egyptian Mage: Ra

then by the end of the tutorial, the player can choose one hunter from different pantheons to unlock
    and will be told of their corresponding difficulty level

Easy:
    - Neith - recommended for new players
    - Cupid
    - Jingwei

Moderate:
    - Apollo
    - Cernunnos
    - Izanami

Hard:
    - Rama
    - Skadi
    - Xbalanque

Having 10 starter gods instead of 5 will also encourage new players to play more having more free gods to try out.
    What do you think?
    For the drafts, please no.. that is one of the reasons I stopped playing Dota, when an enemy instalocks the same hero I want .

Also... Err I guess if you are a common player, Why would u want each pantheon when you could literally have an easy god?
    Just saying.

Plus as much as I love free gods, 10 is too much. You now have 15 with Rotation

Instalockers and Premades will also be 10 times more dicks.

So I guess great half-baked thought? Fully bake it and I might agree with you.. for once

Also I have a better suggestion for the free gods.. I don't recommend you basing them on Pantheons for your personal reasons of tidiness, because remember Liam, people like you (and me) aren't majority, and Hirez will need to suit based on the larger market. So unless you are their dick CEO (if Lux's thread is true) don't push your luck

Also for the free gods, 2 Greeks will be given due to the massive size of the pantheon

Celtic Hunter: Cernunnos
    Hindu Hunter: Rama

My options for these 2 is cause they represent 2 types of Hunters People could play as (don't count Phys mages) Rama will represent a Pure ADC perfectly, and Cernunnos will represent early game, Transcendence Hunters. Luckily both of them has escapes, is safe and relatively easy to play.

Greek Guardian: Ares
    Egyptian Guardian: Khepri

These 2 represent both a Bruiser and a Passive Guardian. Ares is relatively easy to play, and can really burn down the enemy team, and is also, UBER good before people get what Beads is. Khepri is decent, and isn't that hard to play. So why not?

Norse Warrior: Odin
    Roman Warrior: Bellona

These 2 are easy to play, and has lots of damage, also very tanky. And since Hirez explains Warriors as Deals Some Damage, and Tanks Some Damage. These 2 fit Hirez Warrior definition perfectly, and is fun. Also since Bellona is a Basic Attack Warrior, and Odin is an ability one, it helps explain in a sense.

Chinese Mage: Nu Wa
    Greek Mage: Poseidon

These 2 are Uber nice early on, and since both are easy, and with Ults that function well against beginners, why not? Doesn't explain healer mages, but does it have to?

Assassins... CRAP i can't do this.. wait up..

Mayan Assassin: Hun Batz
    Japanese Assassin: Noobano.

Why is that? Susano for beginners? Shut up, I can't understand assassins that much. Also Hun Batz is a definite choice for the Assassin. I could use an AA Assassin, but since it's Liam's thread I'll respect his options on keeping Pantheons tidy

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    On a sidenote, I still have no idea why Thor is considered "a beginner's" assassin/jungler. Why not Bastet, Hun Batz or Rat? It was the only thing that just struck me as odd when I was first starting out.
    Well, Thor is mechanically simple to do well on.

He has a long range stun to land his double tap which can do like 80% of a squishies health early on.

His wall provides CC even if you horribly miss the actual stun, because it's an unpathable object.

His spin does a lot of damage thanks to his passive and it makes his ult > spin combo very deadly and very easy to perform.

His ult also gets him right into wherever he wants to be, without anything that can be done to stop him. It also alleviates poor rotations by giving him a ton of range to initiate from.

He also has 2 escapes, in the form of his hammer teleport and his ult.

Meanwhile:

Rat used to be more complicated until he was reworked into the Thor clone he is now.

Hun Batz core gameplay revolves around weaving AA's between skills, as well as knowing how and when to jump to the monkey. He's also a very atypical Assassin because a lot of his power comes in the form of the huge AoE CC from his ult, which is a far cry from the standard Assassin kit of "Dead is best CC"

Bastet... I don't really know. I see a lot of people talk about how easy she is, but my experience is that she's pretty bad at securing kills from midgame onwards, because she relies so much on her DoT, which buys time for heals (Including health pots), HP5 or even relics. Not to mention, trying to land her 2 skill shots (Her leap and her nail) isn't as easy as landing Thor's 1 (Since you land the stun, you're pretty much guaranteed the double tap)

In addition to this, Thor isn't the worst if he gets behind either. Since he'll still bring his stuns. Meanwhile many other Assassins, such as Bastet, really only bring damage, so if they get behind they're kind of useless.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Well, Thor is mechanically simple to do well on.

He has a long range stun to land his double tap which can do like 80% of a squishies health early on.

His wall provides CC even if you horribly miss the actual stun, because it's an unpathable object.

His spin does a lot of damage thanks to his passive and it makes his ult > spin combo very deadly and very easy to perform.

His ult also gets him right into wherever he wants to be, without anything that can be done to stop him. It also alleviates poor rotations by giving him a ton of range to initiate from.

He also has 2 escapes, in the form of his hammer teleport and his ult.

Meanwhile:

Rat used to be more complicated until he was reworked into the Thor clone he is now.

Hun Batz core gameplay revolves around weaving AA's between skills, as well as knowing how and when to jump to the monkey. He's also a very atypical Assassin because a lot of his power comes in the form of the huge AoE CC from his ult, which is a far cry from the standard Assassin kit of "Dead is best CC"

Bastet... I don't really know. I see a lot of people talk about how easy she is, but my experience is that she's pretty bad at securing kills from midgame onwards, because she relies so much on her DoT, which buys time for heals (Including health pots), HP5 or even relics. Not to mention, trying to land her 2 skill shots (Her leap and her nail) isn't as easy as landing Thor's 1 (Since you land the stun, you're pretty much guaranteed the double tap)

In addition to this, Thor isn't the worst if he gets behind either. Since he'll still bring his stuns. Meanwhile many other Assassins, such as Bastet, really only bring damage, so if they get behind they're kind of useless.
    I agree Thor isn't a bad one to start but think Hun still is easier since even if you can't secure a kill fear no evil is annoying enough just using that on the enemy is annoy for them.

And despite Bastet being one of my mains she has a lot of counters which I didn't would be good for a new person.