Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: [SPOILS] 4.16 PTS Datamining: Weaponized Mushu Edition

  1. #21
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    As expected, this went from "cool we know the new goddess" to some feminist garbage just because of a chest bundle.

    How you decided to make that correlation means you were already looking for some stupid reason to pin it on a company.

  2. #22
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    It's not manipulation. It's fact. Manipulation is when you want something from someone. And no, you don't have to be a pervert to understand that females are more pleasing to the eye...if you're a straight man anyway.
    Hmm. I've always thought you were female. Correct me if I'm wrong. And believe me, A huge number of straight men don't play games for sex. We have youporn for that. And yes, you're trying to manipulate people. You're like saying "prefer female or you're not a straight man" which fits your definition of wanting something from someone (his opinion changed). However, that won't work for men who has high intelligence.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    As expected, this went from "cool we know the new goddess" to some feminist garbage just because of a chest bundle.

    How you decided to make that correlation means you were already looking for some stupid reason to pin it on a company.
    Well, that Ruled the World chest bundle is indeed sexist but the discussion started from Smite releasing a female deity every 2nd god release and only 1 human-looking male in the last 9 god release then it made its way to feminism since then.
    And no, Discordia/Eris? Cool would not be the right reaction for that. They can delay that goddess all they want. I wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by LiamX; 08-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    816
    5
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Men who have high intelligence will also realize that making multiple threads on a unused website by a company is about has useful as a.glass hammer

  4. #24
    Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kansas, United States
    Posts
    4,699
    15
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    Men who have high intelligence will also realize that making multiple threads on a unused website by a company is about has useful as a.glass hammer
    I think it's less useful

    At least a glass hammer is eye candy.


    Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

  5. #25
    Member Worshipper Caitniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    495
    4
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    You're like saying "prefer female or you're not a straight man"
    Yes. That's kinda what defines you as a straight man.

    Either way, I never said you have to prefer females. However, you're literally offended by them lmao.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Hmm. I've always thought you were female. Correct me if I'm wrong. And believe me, A huge number of straight men don't play games for sex. We have youporn for that. And yes, you're trying to manipulate people. You're like saying "prefer female or you're not a straight man" which fits your definition of wanting something from someone (his opinion changed). However, that won't work for men who has high intelligence.




    Well, that Ruled the World chest bundle is indeed sexist but the discussion started from Smite releasing a female deity every 2nd god release and only 1 human-looking male in the last 9 god release then it made its way to feminism since then.
    And no, Discordia/Eris? Cool would not be the right reaction for that. They can delay that goddess all they want. I wouldn't mind.
    Oh man, a general rhythm for releasing gods! Oh disastrous! You realize, if you wanna go the feminism route, you could make more of an argument against it on Smite than for it due to all of the humanoid females running around vs males. In their eyes that is somehow gender inequality, so you complaining about only one humanoid male even though males outnumber females by a good margin just sounds hilarious. I'm not condoning feminism by any stretch, I'm just saying point blank you seem to follow what the general mass gets triggered by instead of actively using whatever brain you have in your skull at the moment.

    Oh and from the looks of it, Hachiman seems to be a human shaped deity. Shocking.

    And don't even make me start on your "high intelligence". For the past month I've been having to reprimand you like a small child. I'm still doing it because I'm sitting here thinking you're young, but now I'm more or less seeing you're just self entitled as usual.

    Yes, you go make your multiple accounts for Raijin threads, lets see how far you get. From the way it sounds you have no idea how the back system works, you're just thinking "hehehe, I'm gonna be so smart with my accounts, they'll never know it was me!"

  7. #27
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Well.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Oh good. Another Roman goddess I don't care about. Just an observation but is it just me or are they having a female deity every 2nd god release? Cu Chulainn is the only human male-looking character we've had in the last 9 god release. Or maybe more? If they'd go for that route they should at least go for more known and important goddesses like Hera, Hathor and Xi Wangmu. Meh. At least my god selection won't be clogged up with fewer gods in my selection list.
    Considering how the male:female ratio is still quite skewed to the former, I like it. Most societies had equally important male and female gods, plus more variety never hurts.


    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloTheBard01 View Post
    Hi-Rez is trying to force a 50-50 male-female ratio forgetting that some of the males are animals. For the females, it's only Medusa and Arachne. Very hypocritical. They are trying to follow this idiotic feminist affirmative action which is sad.

    On topic. I like the idea of naming the titans. I wonder what the order titan's names will be. We don't have that many good titans.
    I'm not quite sure how that's hypocritical. Clearly that just means we need more animalistic or monstrous females, right?

    Failing to see any logical reason why a 50:50 ratio is a bad thing. The female gods as a whole just need as much variety as the male ones, and we'd be fine.


    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Yeah I did notice forcing more females. I take back what I said about Smite not pandering to SJWs. They just had this Run the World Chest which is all women. I mean imagine if that chest was all men. Hypocrites will be complaining about it.

    As for the titans. Order, they could have Atlas since he carried the world. Joust will be more interesting. Monkey Stone for Order and I don't know, Flame Emperor for Chaos?
    How the hell was that chest related to SJWs? I highly doubt you'd complain if there was an all-male chest (if there hasn't been one already in...four years) so why exactly are you complaining about a female-only chest, and then claiming "hypocrites" would complain about a male-only chest?

    You're the only hypocrite I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloTheBard01 View Post
    Not everyone. Only horny perverts like female characters better. Men are better-looking and more badass.
    That's subjective for everyone, we all have different tastes. Girls do play Smite, you know @hornyperverts.

    We just need more badass female gods.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloTheBard01 View Post
    That Run the World Chest was kind of feminist and offensive. I would gladly not buy anything from them from now on.
    Interesting titan names. I wonder how they will name the Mayan titans.
    Lol. So am I correct in saying you'd have no objections for a male-only chest? It's only because it's female that it's offensive? (how even is it offensive, I don't understand. It's just a goddamn chest!)

    Besides, if it's about the name, the poster-skin for that was Amazon Athena...so the name just fits the skin, because the Amazons quite literally ruled half the known world (in mythology anyway).

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    I think it's less useful

    At least a glass hammer is eye candy.
    I lol'd. It's like people have yet to realize after several years that a reply from Hirez on a normal thread in General Discussion is more mythological than the Gods of Smite.

    ------

    Someone unbiased please explain to me how Hirez releasing more female gods recently = them supporting feminism.

    It's a goddamn video game with characters that don't exist in real life, so stop bringing real life agendas into it.

    Hirez can do whatever they want with what Gods they choose to release. If you dislike the slightly higher number of females, first I'd like to say whatever reason you have is likely completely illogical and nonsensical, and second, if you don't like it you can always just play your much-revered Male Gods.

    The ratio is still skewed towards males, so I find it quite ridiculous that (presumably) male players are the ones complaining.

    And before anyone accuses me of being a Dumb Feminist, at least tell me what I should call people who have an unreasonable dislike of Hirez releasing more female gods, even when they're outnumbered, let alone disliking a themed chest of all things.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-26-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    What do I put here now?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,075
    7
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    'You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Lyralis again.'
    Shame too, that was a really insightful post.

    What is wrong with there being a 50/50 Male/Female ratio in the game? It would be a more accurate representation of the actual ratios of Gods in the corresponding pantheons.

    On the Titan Names, maybe they could name the Titans after some of the greek titans. I don't remember all the names but the older ones are

    Kronos/Kronus
    Rhea (would be weird to see but awesome)
    Oceanus (would rather have him as a god)
    Tethys
    Hyperion (better as a god, although maybe Helios could take his place instead)
    Krios
    Iapetus
    Theia
    Phoebe
    Coeus
    Themis

    And then Their Children that are important (not the gods)
    Helios (The Sun)
    Selene (The Mooon)
    Leto
    Atlas
    Prometheus
    Epimetheus
    Metis ( Knowledge)

  9. #29
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lakedaemonios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    67
    3
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Feminism, with its variants/symphatizers, has recurrently presented itself as some form of domineering. totalitarian ideology which attempts to control (and therefore censor/manipulate) media and entertainment - including games - through its narrative and with an agenda.

    Any kind of repulsion and adversion to it is understandable, but you should not haste nor rush yourselves to conclusions in respect of this matter as you did, lest you shall achieve a level of militancy that is similar to the so called "SJWs", and therefore transform into the monster you claim to oppose. I do not see, at least not yet, any kind of ideological agenda being portrayed in Hirez's god realeases: for the new characters are usually pretty well done and very unique. The same cannot be said for other companies, however... *cough* Blizzard *cough*.

  10. #30
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    'You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Lyralis again.'
    Shame too, that was a really insightful post.

    What is wrong with there being a 50/50 Male/Female ratio in the game? It would be a more accurate representation of the actual ratios of Gods in the corresponding pantheons.

    On the Titan Names, maybe they could name the Titans after some of the greek titans. I don't remember all the names but the older ones are

    Kronos/Kronus
    Rhea (would be weird to see but awesome)
    Oceanus (would rather have him as a god)
    Tethys
    Hyperion (better as a god, although maybe Helios could take his place instead)
    Krios
    Iapetus
    Theia
    Phoebe
    Coeus
    Themis

    And then Their Children that are important (not the gods)
    Helios (The Sun)
    Selene (The Mooon)
    Leto
    Atlas
    Prometheus
    Epimetheus
    Metis ( Knowledge)
    Thanks xD.

    Order could be Rhea and Chaos could be Kronos.

    Then Conquest would basically reenact the rebellion against Kronos and the crowning of Zeus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakedaemonios View Post
    Feminism, with its variants/symphatizers, has recurrently presented itself as some form of domineering. totalitarian ideology which attempts to control (and therefore censor/manipulate) media and entertainment - including games - through its narrative and with an agenda.

    Any kind of repulsion and adversion to it is understandable, but you should not haste nor rush yourselves to conclusions in respect of this matter as you did, lest you shall achieve a level of militancy that is similar to the so called "SJWs", and therefore transform into the monster you claim to oppose. I do not see, at least not yet, any kind of ideological agenda being portrayed in Hirez's god realeases: for the new characters are usually pretty well done and very unique. The same cannot be said for other companies, however... *cough* Blizzard *cough*.
    Too much of anything is no good. Add mob mentality to that and you get groups like extreme feminists.

    Feminism started with a good ideology, but as they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" (sorry for being cliche lol) and now it's a complete mess and way over-the-top. However given some posters in this thread I can see how it could have been so warped, if those were its opponents.

    The definition of Feminism is: the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

    I fail to see how that is a bad goal in any way - the problem is extremists who take that ideal to insane lengths that is harmful for everyone.

    So, I am a Feminist in that I feel that no one should be judged or treated any differently based on their sex.

    ----

    And when people complain because more female characters are added to a video game where there's more male characters than female characters...that is as idiotic as what Extreme Feminists are preaching.

    So don't be a hypocrite @the people I quoted earlier.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-26-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •